PDA

View Full Version : Which BMGs Link?

Calidorn
05-25-2013, 05:56 PM
I have around 6 BMGs in my inventory. I enjoyed watching other players use them but honestly did not know how they worked and what purpose or role they played to heal and do damage. The fact that you could help out other players via healing was appealing to me. So I saved them up hoping to break them out when I learned a little bit more about them.

After reading several posts, I finally dusted them off and used them the other day. But, to my surprise, they did not work as people had posted or as I have seen in game.

EVERY BMG does not link to other enemies or players except for the VOT spanner that I have and it is a blue that has a +1 link as a bonus. All of the others only target a single target. And yes, I have made sure the enemies have been close together. In fact, I was going to a raider camp in which two targets jump out of the same hatch of the back of the truck. But to no avail, the BMGs, no matter which was one I was using (except for the VOT Spanner that had a + 1 link as a bonus), would not link to another target

Am I doing something wrong? Has there been problems with the BMGs? Basically I'm asking if I am mentally challenged and am I doing something wrong to prevent the BMG's from linking to other enemies when I use it as a weapon.

Thank you for your help,

Calidorn

3rdpig
05-25-2013, 06:01 PM
To the best of my knowledge they all link except the Telespanner, and some of those will have a +1 link or can be given a +1 link mod. Maybe the enemies you tried it on aren't close enough together or you didn't wait long enough for them to link.

Lord Darkfung
05-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I have the same experience - it's not the distance between enemies because I've had guys right next to each other that don't get linked. It's also nothing to do with the time you hold the trigger as I've went from 100 to zero with no linking. I think it's only a certain type of bmg that links.

aeryk117
05-25-2013, 07:05 PM
All BMGs are supposed to Link except the Tele-Spanner.

That said, I did have a blue Stingray that just would not Link anything. This has been the only Stingray that I've picked up post-1.020 patch. An older Orange Stingray linked just fine - not sure what was up with the gimped one, but I am glad to no longer have it in my inventory:D

carpesangrea
05-25-2013, 07:13 PM
The only bmg that doesn't link is the tele-spanner. If you have others that aren't linking, they are bugged and you should submit a ticket/bug report.

Calidorn
05-26-2013, 05:55 AM
The only bmg that doesn't link is the tele-spanner. If you have others that aren't linking, they are bugged and you should submit a ticket/bug report.

Thanks, I'll submit a bug ticket :)

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Recently BMGs for me have randomly stop doing damage occasionally, and perhaps linking, but I use the Tele-Spanner.
If you switch to your secondary and then back again they do damage as usual.
The Stingray should link the best, think you get 3 or 4 links, but it does drain fast.

Calidorn
05-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Still no luck, removed from equipped, switched from primary to secondary. Logged in and out, etc... but no link. Posted a bug but who knows when they'll get back with me

crasher
05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't want a link.
There's only so much energy in the beam.
It hits '1' badguy, he gets all the juice.
It hits '3' badguys, it's taking longer, and I may end up with 3 'not dead' badguys if it's empty before they drop.

I want fewer badguys, not the same number each with a headache.

Just my viewpoint.

Teilk
05-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Still no luck, removed from equipped, switched from primary to secondary. Logged in and out, etc... but no link. Posted a bug but who knows when they'll get back with me

I've recently started using BMGs and getting similar results. A green Stingray never linked. Now using a blue Stingray with a +1 bonus and it usually links. But there are times I will reload and it won't link even though there are multiple enemies close enough. Then it goes back to working. It's random and feels like a bug but at least it sounds like I'm not the only one having issues.

Ryme
05-30-2013, 10:40 AM
In terms of optimal conditions operation, every BMG except the tele-spanner will link. There are however, several bugs with BMGs that are all occur erratically, that can result in the weapon not linking or not doing damage. These are bugs that can be resolved by either swapping, re-equipping the weapon, or wiggling your reticle around over other targets while firing the weapon.

Kiserai
05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
In theory everything but a telespanner should link, but I once had a BMG that would not link no matter what I did with it. It happens. I just salvaged it and used one that worked properly.

squidgod2000
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
I have the same experience - it's not the distance between enemies because I've had guys right next to each other that don't get linked. It's also nothing to do with the time you hold the trigger as I've went from 100 to zero with no linking. I think it's only a certain type of bmg that links.

It's...twitchy. If you click once on a target, then click and hold it will link to nearby enemies. If you click and hold until your target is dead and then continue holding with a new target in the crosshairs, it will link to nearby enemies. It never links correctly on the first click or mob.

squidgod2000
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
In terms of optimal conditions operation, every BMG except the tele-spanner will link. There are however, several bugs with BMGs that are all occur erratically, that can result in the weapon not linking or not doing damage. These are bugs that can be resolved by either swapping, re-equipping the weapon, or wiggling your reticle around over other targets while firing the weapon.

As a side note, you can get tele spanners with +link bonuses that will link to multiple targets.

Ryme
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
As a side note, you can get tele spanners with +link bonuses that will link to multiple targets.

Awesome. I will have to keep an eye out for those. If only we could get nano effects on them too.