PDA

View Full Version : PC or Xbox?

APM525
05-25-2013, 08:57 PM
ok so a friend of mine introduced me to this game, we have always been Xbox guys but i am in the process of building a gaming PC

simple question, which one is better? should i buy the Xbox game now or is it worth the wait for PC?

i read that they plan on combining the servers so what all the platforms can play together, when would this be, it would be awesome to be playing myself then one day be able to join my xbox friends again

juggalojames07
05-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Do you want to play with you friend now or later.

CozyMilk
05-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Combining servers, yea right...

Anderson
05-25-2013, 09:01 PM
i read that they plan on combining the servers so what all the platforms can play together, when would this be, it would be awesome to be playing myself then one day be able to join my xbox friends again

That was what they originally planned, but they couldn't get both Sony and Microsoft to sign off on it, so it looks like it will probably never happen.

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:02 PM
as-long as i get to in the end i can wait, besides ill be a way lower level then them for a while

A s0t
05-25-2013, 09:02 PM
pc cause xbox 360 is gonna die next summer

CozyMilk
05-25-2013, 09:04 PM

Yea, all the 360 users will be moving to ps4 lol

Night Hawke
i'd recommend getting it on pc instead of xbox.

APM525
true and after the disappointment with the "one" reveal i am not buying a "one"

ghost_ol3a
05-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Combining servers, yea right...

this
10/char

ghost_ol3a
05-25-2013, 09:06 PM
true and after the disappointment with the "one" reveal i am not buying a "one"

you should get PS4 :)

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:06 PM
well sad to say it but looks like it will be about a month before i can play on my own account... but ya i think im going to wait till i have my gaming rig

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:08 PM
you should get PS4 :)

i would have to buy a aftermarket controller shaped like a 360 one, i have had a xbox since the original came out..... ABANDON SHIP

Anderson
05-25-2013, 09:08 PM
well sad to say it but looks like it will be about a month before i can play on my own account... but ya i think im going to wait till i have my gaming rig
Did you miss the part about how the servers being combined is NEVER going to happen? Get it on XBox so you can play it with your friends.

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:09 PM
That was what they originally planned, but they couldn't get both Sony and Microsoft to sign off on it, so it looks like it will probably never happen.
aka Microsoft wouldn't sign off

Night Hawke
05-25-2013, 09:09 PM
i would have to buy a aftermarket controller shaped like a 360 one, i have had a xbox since the original came out..... ABANDON SHIP

on the PC you can use your xbox controller so you don't have to deal with using the keyboard and mouse if your not accustomed to it.

however you wont be able to play with your xbox friends.

ghost_ol3a
05-25-2013, 09:11 PM

yupp it was a great day when i saw what they did to "one"
its ok, we welcome you lol

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Did you miss the part about how the servers being combined is NEVER going to happen? Get it on XBox so you can play it with your friends.

thats the thing though, most of them are ditching xbox soon.... im thinking i might as-well beat them to the punch....

and mods reading this COUGH COUGH give me a HUGE discount for the xbox like 20 bucks and ill buy it and STILL buy the pc one when i have finished my pc

DaMaJaDiZ
PC simply because it's a better game there overall, and the 360 is pretty much toast as far as being an investment for this game come next year. There are a few caveats however, but I'll stick to the one that seems the most relevant for you right now. If your friends are on the 360 you might as well go there. The chances of everyone that you know still playing this game months from now is extremely low, so get as much bang for your buck as you can now.

ghost_ol3a

go figure
10/char

Anderson
05-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Why does everyone act like all the 360s are going to self-destruct the second One hits the shelves?

Turantula
05-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Yea, all the 360 users will be moving to ps4 lol

Yuuuuuuuuuup

DaMaJaDiZ
05-25-2013, 09:17 PM

Funny thing that people always blame Sony for this block, when Microsoft is notorious for this behavior. It's common knowledge that it's standard practice for them.

ghost_ol3a
05-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Why does everyone act like all the 360s are going to self-destruct the second One hits the shelves?

cause its garbage. and not just because ima PS fan

juggalojames07

Microsoft has something in store for the 360 that is going to blow peoples minds at E3. So wait and see

DaMaJaDiZ

Because as deluded as that fan base can often be, even they agree that as soon as MS says jump, they'll all say "how high". So they'll be trading in their 360's and their entire gaming libraries to keep up with their peers, and so that they can get achievements for tv watching, and paying for the pleasure of it all, twice.

APM525

because just like Microsoft did to the original xbox they will do to the 360 and shut down servers slowly

Anderson
05-25-2013, 09:20 PM
because just like Microsoft did to the original xbox they will do to the 360 and shut down servers slowly
Yeah, and it was like 5 years after 360 came out that XBox Live stopped supporting original XBox. 5 FREAKIN YEARS!

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Yeah, and it was like 5 years after 360 came out that XBox Live stopped supporting original XBox. 5 FREAKIN YEARS!

what if i want to play this in 6 years? i can still log onto my runscape account, why should this be different?

Anderson
05-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Because as deluded as that fan base can often be, even they agree that as soon as MS says jump, they'll all say "how high". So they'll trading in their 360's and their entire gaming libraries so that they can get achievements for tv watching, and paying for the pleasure of it all, twice.

lol

I dunno man, I'm planning to be a weirdo and wait a while till the prices drop to even consider buying a Next Gen console. Let all the idiots who have to have it RIGHT F*CKING now deal with all the first run hardware issues.

Anderson
05-25-2013, 09:27 PM
what if i want to play this in 6 years? i can still log onto my runscape account, why should this be different?

I dunno, are you really planning to dedicate yourself to this game so much that you're going to be playing it 6 years from now?

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:28 PM

then again i already have a cable box, so i have no need for the "one"

CozyMilk
05-25-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm a diehard Xbox fan. Have been since original. 8 year Xbox live tenure. I just don't like some of the things I'm reading about the Xbox one. I'm not a football fan, or a sports fan, I don't care that I can watch football. I don't even use regular tv now and rarely ever watch tv at all. I hear they're changing around the achievement system. And I haaate the kinect. I also don't like the look of the xbox one. But most of all, it's the kinect thing that bothers me most.

APM525
05-25-2013, 09:29 PM
I dunno, are you really planning to dedicate yourself to this game so much that you're going to be playing it 6 years from now?

idk but i would like the option.. i mean if im going to pay for it, it better work WHENEVER i want it to.... well for the most part

juggalojames07
05-25-2013, 09:30 PM
then again i already have a cable box, so i have no need for the "one"

You don't even need you cable box. Just xfinity service. And its already offered on the 360 btw

CozyMilk
05-25-2013, 09:31 PM

Lol that's funny I bet there are some who would answer yes to this.

Jackobite
05-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Tempted to go nuts and pour hate on Microsoft but theres not enough info out there yet,
I seen some backtracking on the pre owned fee, this may not happen at all and there MAY be exceptions for the online once a day (for overseas military)

However Im still thinking why do I need XB1 to watch TV I pay for sky, why do I need xbox to do what my computer does?
Halo has never blew me out the water so sometimes I wish they would just move and forget it, as for kinetic .......Im going to stop now.

time will tell.

juggalojames07
05-25-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm a diehard Xbox fan. Have been since original. 8 year Xbox live tenure. I just don't like some of the things I'm reading about the Xbox one. I'm not a football fan, or a sports fan, I don't care that I can watch football. I don't even use regular tv now and rarely ever watch tv at all. I hear they're changing around the achievement system. And I haaate the kinect. I also don't like the look of the xbox one. But most of all, it's the kinect thing that bothers me most.

Go to gmaespot and read the official interviews with mircosoft. They explain a lot that is confussing from the reveal.

Wafflesauce
05-25-2013, 09:35 PM

hey i mean People still play Runescape its free to play and same with WoW (even tho WoW is Pay to play) Some people are still playing the older Xbox games just they had to move to PC since Microsoft took the servers down on the Xbox : /

pebcak
05-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I would suggest pc because the graphics are way better and the frame per second are not capped at 30

DaMaJaDiZ
05-25-2013, 09:40 PM
I would suggest pc because the graphics are way better and the frame per second are not capped at 30

I would as well. But the fact does remain that the game plays well on consoles. There's not as much difference between the two other than graphically (and it ain't that much of a jump), except that its controls and UI function waaaay better on console.

Smoky
05-25-2013, 09:46 PM
LOL. That's what I was wondering. Games will still be developed for the 360, if for nothing else, a huge install base. Not everyone is going to buy a PS4 or Xbox One in the first year, and it will be several years before they overtake the numbers of PS3 and Xbox 360's. I know I'm not buying either new console at least for the first year. I'll let the early adopters be the guinea pigs.