PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU car fall people

A s0t
05-25-2013, 10:54 PM
cool i hit an omnivolt my atv blew up: i cant run up a hill
cool i hit the pinky toe of a skitterling my atv blew up

what do you guys want to thank the car fall people for?

CozyMilk
05-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Forcing me to drive slower and take in my surroundings a bit more, thank you.

A s0t
05-25-2013, 11:00 PM
im am so glad i finished the races for black challenger
lots of emergencies to drive through

Torin Syyf
05-25-2013, 11:03 PM
For makining my vehicle withstand less damage than my character does!

Turantula
05-25-2013, 11:36 PM
The only vehicle that needed a big nerf was the indestructible mission truck. They could've let the others alone.

defiant
05-25-2013, 11:47 PM
I had a rant ready but Instead I agree that only the Adamantium semi needed nerfing Not the vehicles I need to get further than an explosion with.

Unsent Soul
05-25-2013, 11:48 PM
I think A s0t is a little mad, please.... Everyone give him some room!

BlackR3ap3r
05-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Only the Titan needed to be nerfed and the ark falls all need debris instead of just the blue crystal ones and minors. ><*

poisd2strike
05-26-2013, 12:09 AM
I suggested (in another thread) that Trion make all vehicles explode at Arkfalls, after a 10 second timer ticks down. Only the vehicle occupants would have been damaged if he / she /they were still in the vehicle after 10 seconds. Unsurprisingly, that suggestion was ignored. Of course if some of my fellow players weren't too stupid to realize that running over the Skitterlings, when the objective is to destroy the Crystal, is a bad idea...given that the Skitterling actually make it easier to destroy the crystal. I suppose Trion had to do something. I'm just not sure their solution is optimal.

On a unrelated note, I attempted the Dodge Challenge (and gave up during the 2nd lap) when a Hellbug nest appeared and then later some raiders and trucks appeared blocking the road...I already bought the White Dodge Challenger when I saw it on special for 15k at an earlier date. For some reason, I seem to have 200 rep with Dodge (200 next to Steering Wheel symbol)?

A s0t
05-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Dr. Ian Malcolm
No, I'm not mad. I'm furious.
--jurassic park 2
/sarcasm

Unsent Soul
05-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Dr. Ian Malcolm
No, I'm not mad. I'm furious.
--jurassic park 2
/sarcasm
Haha... Well played sir!

Wess Allbright
05-26-2013, 12:32 AM
I have ran over several hellbugs n raiders in my ATV n Rolller. n not exploded. what up?? You can see the shield dmg on the screen. it will recharge in time. just stop or slow dow for a bit

Unsent Soul
05-26-2013, 12:47 AM
I have ran over several hellbugs n raiders in my ATV n Rolller. n not exploded. what up?? You can see the shield dmg on the screen. it will recharge in time. just stop or slow dow for a bit

Nice post captain... Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

A s0t
05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
some one had to be the killjoy :p

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 02:57 AM
I actually think nerfing the vehicles was necessary after all if repeated messages from ego "the skiterlings are biting weak spots in to the arkfall" and the glowing weak spots wasn't enough to give them a hint then doing something like this was unfortunately necessary. I agree that they should of had vehicles timeout/explode at arkfalls instead of dropping the defence so drastically.

after all, arkfalls radiate electromagnetic energy that interferes with vehicle shields,.. right that could work

Cl Chaos
05-26-2013, 02:59 AM
cool i hit an omnivolt my atv blew up: i cant run up a hill
cool i hit the pinky toe of a skitterling my atv blew up

what do you guys want to thank the car fall people for?

well what have we learned?? dont F***ing complain about ppl running over skitterlings :D now we all suffer

Sids
05-26-2013, 03:00 AM
i suggested (in another thread) that trion make all vehicles explode at arkfalls, after a 10 second timer ticks down. Only the vehicle occupants would have been damaged if he / she /they were still in the vehicle after 10 seconds. Unsurprisingly, that suggestion was ignored.

you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

MagellanD
05-26-2013, 07:08 AM

When isn't he mad.

MagellanD
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM
I for one am not having that much of a problem and it's been AWESOME at arkfalls and watching those unbeknowst to the changes run into a warrior or the crystal itself. Try to get back in a car and watch them blow up again.

I have yet to see a single diaper truck at an arkfall.
Today I plan on Ark Fall pursuit hunting again so We'll see how much more this made ark falls awesome and hilarious.

Epton
05-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Simple solution is to make races have indestructable vehicles, if you go from race line then it blows up. Or you could just get rid of everything while your in the race.

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 07:56 AM
I drive the Quad, I think I spawned it on a slight hill, it blew up as it rolled backwards.

jackdaws_1999
05-26-2013, 08:34 AM
I would like to thank all those who complained about the vehicles at arkfalls.

I personally got all the races done before the patch.

I then helped my wife get them all done last night, and to be honest, it made the ridiculously easy races far more interesting, and the ridiculously hard races... ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE... but also a lot more interesting.

Im glad people cannot spam vehicles at arkfalls, I just wish they would stop detonators now... or here's a quaint idea, how about making the weakspots simply appear on the crystal after enough damage has been done??? then they could fix all the vehicles (except in races where they should be SUPER weak), and people could blow shtako up till the pows come home.

FeverFaucet
05-26-2013, 08:48 AM
I too would like to thank those who whined about cars at arkfalls. Cars where never a problem for me, nor are detonators or launchers. The problem is people who refuse to change their tactics when faced with an obstacle that makes their current tactic obsolete. This is as true for the people riding in cars as it is the nerf-corps. The only difference is one was just an annoyance for easily annoyed people the other causes massive aggravation for everyone. I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

DarkBardRaven
05-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Simple fix would have been to tier the loot based on dmg. Granted the vehicles do some dmg but make it to where it does not count for the Arkfall after getting 0 the first few times I bet they would jump out of there vehicles real quick. Now with the way they did this there will have to be needless patches as they have to move things to make room for the time trials.

Frantic Poet
05-26-2013, 10:34 AM
For some reason, I seem to have 200 rep with Dodge (200 next to Steering Wheel symbol)?
If I recall correctly the Dodge Vendor is a Paradise affiliate so any Paradise rep you have will be good there.

I'm fine with the changes. They generally make me laugh. "Why did my car blow up? Oh, crap! Combat roll! Combat roll!"

It definitely makes me laugh when looking back on earlier threads.

Looking forward to more balance changes! Sign of a developer that cares.

blarkk
05-27-2013, 12:58 AM
They ignored my simple fix to sell a boost that lets you shoot any vehicle in an arkfall radius, so we know Trion isn't greedy. Or smart.

megatrin
05-27-2013, 03:22 AM
but i love murding little Skitterlings in my mongoose..... It fun to kill the bugs... Quess i have to get out and start using bombs thens...

Ed_Hazard
05-27-2013, 03:40 AM
but i love murding little Skitterlings in my mongoose..... It fun to kill the bugs... Quess i have to get out and start using bombs thens...

Waiting to hear all the complainers move over to the swarm cannon and such.

Whenever I was at an arkfall and some one decided to just drive around and mow the skittles down in their Joe Dirt mobile, thats when you bust out the SCannon or incenerator det and leave them no targets to run over. ;)

boosted gear
05-27-2013, 03:55 AM
I admit I said a few things about cart@rds at arkfalls :p and since the change they have been revamped people actually shoot things the frame rate seems better its a breath of fresh air.

Yes I have blown up many vehicles and learnt the hard way to drive around stuff, I couldn't do the dodge race challenge either there was a row of emergencies and my dodge free wheeled out the other side on fire with me left on the deck haha pretty funny.

But I wouldnt ever want to go back to tbe cart@rd fest I actually enjoyed an arkfall last night and love the weapon rewards at the end of them and co ops now thats a nice touch :)