PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Screen setting issues.

rousasalmiakki
05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi, I'm new to Defiance, and I managed to mess up my screen settings right away. I was messing with the resolution, trying to find the proper one for my screen, and it was doing what it normally does if you pick the wrong one, showing you a distorted screen. But when I clicked on one the screen just shut down and showed a message saying "Screen width not supported" or something of the sort and does this every time I try to launch the game.
I'm thinking I need to re-install the game, but that would take forever. Anyone know how to fix it?

MacDeath
05-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Hi, I'm new to Defiance, and I managed to mess up my screen settings right away. I was messing with the resolution, trying to find the proper one for my screen, and it was doing what it normally does if you pick the wrong one, showing you a distorted screen. But when I clicked on one the screen just shut down and showed a message saying "Screen width not supported" or something of the sort and does this every time I try to launch the game.
I'm thinking I need to re-install the game, but that would take forever. Anyone know how to fix it?
Can you get the game launched as far as the char selection screen? If so, on that screen, before you hit play, click on settings, then at the top of the next screen. click on VIDEO (up at the top of the wondow) and change resolution.

XxBIGWOODxX
05-26-2013, 01:15 AM
I think when the launcher comes up you can play with the settings through the patcher/launcher

rousasalmiakki
05-26-2013, 02:06 AM
I can get the launcher open, but the video settings are in the in-game settings.