PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded lost contact with server

Micheal Storm
05-26-2013, 02:01 AM
Am i the only one who is starting to rage because of it? At least 1-4 times i go Ark hunting i get kicked for "losing contact with server" which we all know is BS for "our servers are crap so we are going to boot you to help save the damn server from having a breakdown". At least tell it for what it is for crying out loud. I was really enjoying this game but every boot is wearing my patience thin.

For an open world i expected the servers to be able to handle 50 ark hunters vying for a crystal but this is ridiculous. -.-

Xerceves
05-26-2013, 02:07 AM
I haven't had this issue happen but maybe once. Although, It was on my side because everything I was using loaded super slow for a few minutes.

bigdawg21180
05-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Happened to me 3 times last night. A minute in to the major arkfall got booted and when logged back in was gone with no credit given towards it.

Veddan
05-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Happens all the time for me, but it seems to be getting less frequent.

In an arkfall, I watch out for these things:
Characters/enemies don't move or snap around excessively when moving
Characters/enemies have animated movement (such as walking) but not actually moving
Enemy health bars remain unchanged even though I'm firing at them
Characters/enemies walking through the air

If any of these things are happening, then I know things are about to break. :eek:

At that point, I immediately stop doing anything and just wait. I'm guessing the server needs to 'catch up' in processing my actions. By waiting I've noticed the server/game manages to recover itself most of the time.

Sometimes when it catches up I'm on the ground needing revive, but its better than being booted and having to restart.

:D