PDA

View Full Version : Omg wtf!!!

Frank Rizzo
05-26-2013, 06:08 AM
What is with the mod slots costing so much salvage now? On the third slot for a blue shotgun it is 87000 salvage. Thats rediculous!!! I have supported this game since day 1 but now i am really getting sick of all the stuff trion is doing to get people to buy more bits. If they made the legenday drop rate higher for lockboxes bought with bits I would think that would get people to buy more bits.

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 06:09 AM
As your EGO level increase, so does the cost of modifying weapons.

Frank Rizzo
05-26-2013, 06:13 AM
So they are penalizing you for playing the game. Sweet!!!

XavierBK
05-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Yea, it's like they didn't really think it through. In most MMO's the longer you play the more currency you start obtaining. But not in Defiance, yet prices skyrocket anyway.

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 06:20 AM
I assume they think that the weapons are better at higher levels and you can afford the cost of modifying them due to your time in game.

doggirl211
05-26-2013, 07:16 AM
I just count this is another questionable decision by the Dev team. In most games the longer you play, the higher level you are, the more currency you receive for defeating mobs and your weapons sell for more at vendors, or give you more of whatever salvage is used in that game if you choose to break them down instead of sell.

None of those things happen in Defiance and yet the prices for doing things increases substantially as your level increases. So really your option is to not mod anything until you reach max ego, and just salvage everything on your way up. It gives the appearance of not being thought through well at all......

Dazz
05-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Yup, one of the reasons I've abandoned 2 toons shortly after Nim.

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 07:31 AM
I agree.
The fact that each weapon of its rarity type gives the same amount of salvage is understandable but makes the cost at higher levels unbalanced.
I can only assume that they think at higher levels you are more active and therefore get more salvage and can afford it, but that is not realistic.

Miserere
05-26-2013, 08:06 AM
The cost for XP reset is WAY too much. They need to seriously tone it down. I can understand that they want to make it somewhat difficult but at the moment, it's way too much. As Brass said, either give more salvage for weapons or bring down the cost.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Here's a good guidline on how much ark salvage it will take to modify a weapon:

Slot 2: 10x EGO level of weapon
Slot 3: 20x EGO level of weapon
Slot 4: 30x EGO level of weapon

I neglected to list slot one because at EGO level 2771 (IIRC) I have two slots open by default and I never added slots to slotless weapons because back then I wasnt concerned with adding mods to weapons, I simply wanted to rank them up.

But yes, the cost to reset a weapon's xp bar is much to costly and the mechanic that determines it is broken, or needs to be explained. One of the two. IMO it should cost 10% of a weapon's total EGO level to reset its xp.

mrbruce300
05-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Or increase the drop amount for ark salvage the higher your ego level is. Most MMO's I've played increase your loot amount the higher level you are but not Defiance.

Miserere
05-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Here's a good guidline on how much ark salvage it will take to modify a weapon:

Slot 2: 10x EGO level of weapon
Slot 3: 20x EGO level of weapon
Slot 4: 30x EGO level of weapon

I neglected to list slot one because at EGO level 2771 (IIRC) I have two slots open by default and I never added slots to slotless weapons because back then I wasnt concerned with adding mods to weapons, I simply wanted to rank them up.

But yes, the cost to reset a weapon's xp bar is much to costly and the mechanic that determines it is broken, or needs to be explained. One of the two. IMO it should cost 10% of a weapon's total EGO level to reset its xp.

I sent Skatch the question so he can hopefully ask Sledgehammer today at the interview on KTAM Radio. He might say, "I don't know" or "I can't talk about it" but you never know.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 08:31 AM
I sent Skatch the question so he can hopefully ask Sledgehammer today at the interview on KTAM Radio. He might say, "I don't know" or "I can't talk about it" but you never know.

Sounds good to me. I should have mentioned that that "guide" was based off of personal experience of mine and ItISLupus's. xD

hey u
05-26-2013, 08:43 AM

Really I didn't know this omg thanks

0_d4RK_FaLLen
05-26-2013, 08:43 AM
yeah its just one of the many stupid decisions they made. hell I don't even bother modding at this point. cost /=/reward needs adjusting in this game

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Really I didn't know this omg thanks

You did not ask the question.
I'm happy you knew it though it will save a double post.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 08:56 AM
yeah its just one of the many stupid decisions they made. hell I don't even bother modding at this point. cost /=/reward needs adjusting in this game

I'm starting to think that a lot of this was simply dev oversight rather than a conscious decision. This is the same team that made RIFT a success so I highly doubt that the same will not happen to Defiance.

hey u
05-26-2013, 08:58 AM
You did not ask the question.
I'm happy you knew it though it will save a double post.

I didn't have too after reading your post plus I kinda thought that but till I Read what u wrote

Im now going to stop blowing all my script

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g82I7w3ENU

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 09:02 AM
If only it cost Scrip to reset weapons.
Now there's a novel idea.

Grimwyrd
05-26-2013, 09:32 AM
This is particularly a rude shock as you're leveling and suddenly all the weapons that were coming with 4 free mod slots... begin coming with zero free mod slots again.

Heck, I'm at ~2200 and most weapons are coming with 1 mod slot and there's no way I'm spending time to get the ark salvage necessary to add 3 slots to most of them.

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Especially when you are not sure exactly which slot you will open or what the mod for that slot will actually do.

ewishki
05-26-2013, 09:54 AM
What is with the mod slots costing so much salvage now? On the third slot for a blue shotgun it is 87000 salvage. Thats rediculous!!! I have supported this game since day 1 but now i am really getting sick of all the stuff trion is doing to get people to buy more bits. If they made the legenday drop rate higher for lockboxes bought with bits I would think that would get people to buy more bits.

I don't think you can buy salvage with bits. I don't hhink that was their agenda. It could be an over sight. I could also be that they realized their isn't really an end/meta game. I think they my have done this so it gives a reason to play. Personally I do not mind for it. It is pretty easy to make 25k AS an hour. It gives me something to play for and look forward to.

ewishki
05-26-2013, 09:56 AM
If only it cost Scrip to reset weapons.
Now there's a novel idea.

Convert your scrip to AS.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Convert your scrip to AS.

If only that were possible. Then we could actually use scrip for something.

shadowkin
05-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah they should make us want to pay instead of coerce us lol.

They should add hairstykes for buts and have an ingame barber where we can change to hairstyles we own including defaults.

Also i am gonna raise hell tear down the sky if we have to use bits on top of the cost of dlc to play castithan. Confirmed they are adding race change for bits which is grimey bc we will have to use it since alts are essentially pointless. I think the cost of the castithan dlc should include a one time species change.

I am sure ppl can find some reason to make alts, but is essentially mind canon and rp, as this is a classless game (which i support). I just don't think after buying a dlc i need to race change for bits to use what i just bought. Yes yes i kno there r other festures but the main point of the dlc is castithan.

ewishki
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM
If only that were possible. Then we could actually use scrip for something.

Ummmmmm it is possible.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah, this is out of hand.

I just got a new purple VOT Fragger on drop with one mod slot (I'm 1900 EGO). I thought, "great, I'l just add the other three slots..."

First slot: 36,800

I saw that and decided it wasn't even worth it. It's frustrating as hell.

The Lady
05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
What is the point of script anyway? I don't use it for anything but the occasional lockbox. I vote they start selling ark salvage at the vendors.

AngryFire
05-28-2013, 09:55 PM
First slot: 36,800

Ego 4482, adding the final slot to one of my purples was in excess of 180,000 Ark Salvage. I saved up 1.1 million AS but its just not worth it unless its a kick arse weapon. It went to salvage itself.

I for one will not even bother adding mod lots at this ego rating unless i get a weapon with super nice bonuses and for the most part i max that weapon out before i even decide so i can see its additional bonus.

ghost_ol3a
05-28-2013, 10:13 PM
i bet they start selling ark salvage in game store for real money

Sdric
05-28-2013, 10:33 PM

Which is kinda frustrating given the fact that weapons don't get any better after the initial power gap at around ~1600.

Agamenon Atreides
05-28-2013, 11:52 PM

You are wrong, higher weapon level higher price increase on resources, EGO lvl doesn't matter on it, i tested my self :o

RigaMortis
05-29-2013, 12:25 AM
You are wrong, higher weapon level higher price increase on resources, EGO lvl doesn't matter on it, i tested my self :o

^^ This, just tested it myself and its weapon lvl that dictates cost.