PDA

View Full Version : I unlocked the Challenger Merchant without doing any races.

Larry Tanng
05-26-2013, 07:28 AM
I did it on Xbox. How did I do that? I'm trying to unlock it on my PS3 without doing races, because I hate timed races so I don't do them. How can I unlock the Challenger vendor without doing stupid races?

A Frikn Grizzly
05-26-2013, 07:30 AM
You don't have to do the race. It's just there.

Warhound
05-26-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm so glad you don't have to do the races.

The vehicle controls in Defiance are enough to drive me to drinking. (No pun intended).

PS: Anyone know if the Challenger vendors are going to disappear when the races do?

Yokai
05-26-2013, 07:37 AM
There are challenger vendors at nearly every major fast travel point on the map this weekend, and aside from the 25K scrip needed for each vehicle, the other currency is just 100 Paradise faction. That's the one you get for doing co-ops, so most of you should have more than enough to buy at least one challenger. The metallic one is the one with the best +boost and boost regen stats. They're all the same basic speeds, and the only other difference is HP versus ram damage.

Larry Tanng
05-26-2013, 07:38 AM
You don't have to do the race. It's just there.
It says I'm lacking 100 of something to buy the Challengers and I have plenty of script. I guessing that's rep I'm missing, but I did every mission in the game. Do I need to do emergencies or something?

Warhound
05-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Yeah, to me 25k scrip is a lot so I'm trying to decide if I really want the Challenger or not. (If I get one it will be the metallic one. :D )

I was just curious as to whether the vendors will Poof! when the races are over Monday afternoon. If so, I'll need to log in and buy one before then.

Larry Tanng
05-26-2013, 07:41 AM
There are challenger vendors at nearly every major fast travel point on the map this weekend, and aside from the 25K scrip needed for each vehicle, the other currency is just 100 Paradise faction. That's the one you get for doing co-ops, so most of you should have more than enough to buy at least one challenger. The metallic one is the one with the best +boost and boost regen stats. They're all the same basic speeds, and the only other difference is HP versus ram damage.Oh, cool. Which co-op missions?

NicodemusTNT
05-26-2013, 08:00 AM
The one's for for the Paradise Faction contracts? You get rep from daily and weekly contracts.

Yunlaw
05-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Check your contracts - Pursuit menu... It will say what you have to do for the daily or weekly contract to earn faction points to spend on faction gear...

You can pick up some effective purple weapons...

BadPanther86
05-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Me too, what is the circle currency. For example, at the vendor, the challenger cost 100 circle things and 25,000 script

Yokai
05-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Me too, what is the circle currency. For example, at the vendor, the challenger cost 100 circle things and 25,000 script

Paradise Faction.

Look in your Pursuits menu, then flip over to the "Contracts" tab. Look there for the daily and weekly Paradise Faction contracts. Paradise contracts are always for the various co-op missions. (aka "5-man dungeons")

However, if you don't already have 100+ Paradise faction, you won't earn enough in one day for one of the challengers. Sorry.