PDA

View Full Version : Ludicrous Loot Luck?

Rakshasa
05-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Only had an hour or two to play earlier. Took the character that hadn't done the Nolan/Irisa missions through that series. No boosts in effect. Got 3 decent blue ground loot drops, incl. off both tankers. Did 1 major arkfall, got there late and didn't even make the scoreboard, but got a very nice purple Wolfhound.

Then the fun part. Realized I was at 67 keys, so I got a Tier 4. Countless tier 3 and 4 boxes I've bought since launch day have yielded a grand total of 2 oranges, and one of those was in the pre-order Amazon lockbox on Day 1. But this time, 1 box: 3 oranges out of 4 items -- VBI sniper rifle, quick repeater, armada RL.

So I'm guessing that for the weekend event, there's some kind of crazy loot mode in effect?

Hawk skinner
05-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Only for you my friend. I am having the same luck as ever. congrats!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 08:58 AM
You lucky SoB.

But don't get your hopes up. You'll probably go back to the same old luck now that you think its improved. :p

Esphyrian
05-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Came in here expecting to see Chris Bridges w/ some chicken 'n beer.

drackiller
05-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Only had an hour or two to play earlier. Took the character that hadn't done the Nolan/Irisa missions through that series. No boosts in effect. Got 3 decent blue ground loot drops, incl. off both tankers. Did 1 major arkfall, got there late and didn't even make the scoreboard, but got a very nice purple Wolfhound.

Then the fun part. Realized I was at 67 keys, so I got a Tier 4. Countless tier 3 and 4 boxes I've bought since launch day have yielded a grand total of 2 oranges, and one of those was in the pre-order Amazon lockbox on Day 1. But this time, 1 box: 3 oranges out of 4 items -- VBI sniper rifle, quick repeater, armada RL.

So I'm guessing that for the weekend event, there's some kind of crazy loot mode in effect?
I`m wasting my time here, i should be playing for that loot ;)
For serious now, i`m having nice loot this couple of days, no orange stuff but pretty sweet purples.

Rakshasa
05-26-2013, 09:03 AM

LOL! Ludicrous, not Ludacris! :D

Well, I just figured with my horrible luck on them up to now, there must be something funky going on. Guess the RNG finally had a minor correction, then. Thanks for the info and yeah, I'll fully expect it to be 2 more months before I see another one. If then. :p

BrassRazoo
05-26-2013, 09:51 AM
I have the Blue, Blue, Blue, Green bug.
If I buy a T4 and get three Blues in a row I'd bet my house on the last one.

Envy
05-26-2013, 10:00 AM

http://beerstreetjournal.com/images/Ludacris-Chicken-Beer.jpg

Chidy1776
05-26-2013, 11:01 AM

Now granted i didnt have that good of luck, last night i was playing and in one emergency i mustve got 5-8 item drops. It was raiders on a dock. Idk what it is but even after that it seemed like i was getting more item drops then normal, like a lot more. No complaints here though. I do kno they changed somthning about loot in the patch dnt kno what exactly though. But lets hope it keeps up :)

griefbot
05-26-2013, 11:20 AM
which lockbox vendor did you buy the t4 box from?

Muffins
05-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Sounds like luck is in the air for some people tonight!

After no decent oranges, I bought a Tier 4 Lockbox and got a Tachmag Pulsar.
1.05 damage, 1.25x crit, 1.15/25 (forgot which) mag size; a critical kill is 15% grenade recharge.
Its weapon bonus when leveled became 1.05 for a total of 1.10! I'm glad to have finally found a decent orange weapon, but damn if it doesn't tear through ammo so fast it makes me wonder if it's worth using it...

There's no loot thingy in effect as far as I know but. Sounds like you just had a good run of the mill!

Rakshasa
05-26-2013, 11:28 AM
There's no loot thingy in effect as far as I know but. Sounds like you just had a good run of the mill!

I guess so, as did you! That's a sweet pulsar, now you just need to hire a pack mule to follow you around carrying the ammo for it. ;)

which lockbox vendor did you buy the t4 box from?

I bought it from the fine folks at Bug'N'Chug. "Bug'N'Chug: We've Got Company!"

griefbot
05-26-2013, 11:43 AM
bug n chug has got more company from me for a while

CozySwiftkilla
05-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Me and 3 friends each got a total if 5-8 legendaries yesterday from tier 4 boxes 2 of us got 2 oranges from a tier 4 as well and I got 1 more from a tier 4 in the morning.

Razer
05-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Screw all you guys and your oranges! QQ

Anarchos
05-26-2013, 12:29 PM
I suppose they've played around with the drop rates with the latest patch :)

First arkfall I got double purple weapons and out of the last t4 boxes I've bought, I got "crap" from the first one and then 2 oranges from the second one and 1 orange from the third one ^^

Too bad the "reset weapon mastery" is horrible overpriced once you go about 1500 EGO.
It's not like anyone will use it when it costs between 150-200k+ salvage to reset something that takes mere hours to max out again...

griefbot
05-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Me and 3 friends each got a total if 5-8 legendaries yesterday from tier 4 boxes 2 of us got 2 oranges from a tier 4 as well and I got 1 more from a tier 4 in the morning.

which lockbox vendor did you buy them from?

griefbot
05-26-2013, 12:37 PM
holy crap an orange immunizer from bug n chug!!!
thanks for the help!!!