PDA

View Full Version : PC Version Where Is Everyone?

batdan
03-23-2013, 11:29 AM
So I seen a lot were on first day for like 30min now when I go to certain events and w.e around the game I see MAYBE 2-3 or none at all and I find myself doing things alone and obviously I just die fast. I know its just beta but did nobody get in or does everyone hate the game already? bored..

Flatlinedisaster
03-23-2013, 11:38 AM
im playing on pc and dont see anyone playing anymore, and im dying fast as hell now to... :( wish i had friends

Dixa
03-23-2013, 11:41 AM
i love the challenge

there are issues with the pc client relating to 120hz monitors. 120hz monitors are becoming standard for people who play any type of shooter on pc. this may be keeping a lot of the pc testers at bay right now.

Granny
03-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Played yesterday for about 2 Hours, since then no Connection ..think most of em try to get a Connection, like me , but NO CHANCE ..... and the strange Thing about it is... I have a Alpha Version ,not the Beta and 2 friends of mine are able to play the Beta....i want the Beta too, WTF ???

Mysteweave
03-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Well, considering it says its going to take 6 hours to download the patch and I'm downloading at .06 / mb a second, I don't know if I'll ever get in. I'm not sure why Trion is choking the download like this.

batdan
03-23-2013, 11:46 AM
still not sure if I wanna buy this game ugh :/

kndust
03-23-2013, 11:50 AM
So I seen a lot were on first day for like 30min now when I go to certain events and w.e around the game I see MAYBE 2-3 or none at all and I find myself doing things alone and obviously I just die fast. I know its just beta but did nobody get in or does everyone hate the game already? bored..

you need to make sure you are using the Beta Server to get in game I made same mistake very early yestaday Do not use the Alpha server to go in game

Kyria
03-23-2013, 11:52 AM
EDIT: Nevermind. I guess I have been trying the alpha launcher. *facepalm*

batdan
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
you need to make sure you are using the Beta Server to get in game I made same mistake very early yestaday Do not use the Alpha server to go in game

Uh? How??????

Freygea
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I am running around looking for peeps. i think i saw more peeps in the shadow war than in the reg game.

They could be testing shards as well..

batdan
03-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Im using the beta client if that's what you mean

Granny
03-23-2013, 11:54 AM

....where do you choose wich Server ?? Dont have the Option to choose, the only thing i can do is ''Connect''

Kurze
03-23-2013, 11:55 AM
I played for an hour or so, just to check how well the game would run in my rig with everything set to max. Once I checked that I havent logged in since

I want the game to feel fresh and new at release

batdan
03-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I played for an hour or so, just to check how well the game would run in my rig with everything set to max. Once I checked that I havent logged in since

I want the game to feel fresh and new at release

Don't get to excited id play a bit if I were you beta or not im still undecided especially with reviews

Kublakhan
03-23-2013, 11:58 AM
many people have been playing Beta and Alpha for quite a wile now,I know of a bunch of people that are waiting for launch just so they do not get burnt out on the game..

Wolf
03-23-2013, 12:11 PM
EDIT: Nevermind. I guess I have been trying the alpha launcher. *facepalm*

lol i did that earlier. Booted up the alpha and wondered why it wasn't working. Then it hit me try loading up the beta client genius! :o;)

Kurze
03-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Don't get to excited id play a bit if I were you beta or not im still undecided especially with reviews

nah, Im completly sold by now. good gfx, decent content, the game feels fluid, the aiming is fine, I like the setting...Im perfectly sure there will be bumps in the road but I have played MMOs for the past 15 years and I know fully well that all new MMOs get problems at release.

also as a former Rift player I know Trion is by far the best, most reliable publisher/developer out there...used to be BioWare, but EA has worked their antimagic on them and they are as good as dead now..

Mindfix
03-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh dude, welcome to your first MMO then. The last 10 years has been filled with high quality MMOs and terrible rip offs and just plain failures. All of which had/have a better UI and more features because they were intended to be played correctly, on the PC/

Once you play a regular MMO that geared towards the PC and the PC alone, OR the consoles took their rightful place as 4th and 5th best (worst gaming experience) then you would have seen an incredible UI for Defiance, at least 50 other features, including an in depth crafting system, that consoles just cannot handle.

Defiance is NOT an MMO, it's a co-op shooter ported from the console to the PC and it's abysmal. But you know what they say. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Ok OK i'll bite, if you don't like the game why oh why are you still posting here?

Kurze
03-23-2013, 12:54 PM
But you know what they say. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

reading your posts I was thinking the same. FireFall imo is trash.

or better said, its got potential to be good, but what they currently have done is barely the backbones of a game, you can pretty much see and do everything there is in that game in...5 hours or less. after that is an awfully boring repetition for the sake of...ionno, I see no point tbh. They spent 5 times more time tweaking stuff for the eleventh time than they do adding things,

and 4 years for that? I suppose by 2030 they will have a game that can be played casually for at least 1 month...

Defiance at the moment is pretty good, has potential to add a TON MORE, and Trion are widely known for being a publisher that delivers. I wish FireFall was half as good, I even spent money on it, but imo Red5 is closer to be shut down due to lack of progress and running out of funding, than it is to deliver the content their game desperately needs, if they want anyone to take it seriously...

LuLu
03-23-2013, 01:19 PM
I've been driving around and seen plenty of people. Not as many as like say, earlier hours of the beta. But I do run into at least 6-8 people off and on. Things are a bit more spread out the further away from Freedoms hope crash site you get.

kndust
03-23-2013, 01:22 PM
....where do you choose wich Server ?? Dont have the Option to choose, the only thing i can do is ''Connect''
go to your Trion account and then manage account you should be able to downloade the beta server and then get in game

Rush
03-23-2013, 01:23 PM
ill be in game all day, if anyone wants to team up add me under Rush for my username and Robert Rush under my Character name

kndust
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
this is a great game no mater what platform you play it on so go have fun and if you play on PC or Xbox maybe I'll see you in game

MacDeath
03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
lol i did that earlier. Booted up the alpha and wondered why it wasn't working. Then it hit me try loading up the beta client genius! :o;)
Alpha servers are off line during the beta event.

YesThisIsDog
03-23-2013, 01:32 PM
I can't see what the fuzz is about, I did some shard events or what they are called and we were like 10, maybe more on each and when I drive around I see plenty of people.

This game is freakin' awesome.

MsGrey
03-23-2013, 02:07 PM
I am also getting a bit worried. I ran into a load of people the first day. Now I run into one or two people here and there but nothing like an mmo feels, or even a shooter for that matter. I've even went to arkfalls today across the map and only seen 1-2 people at them.

Has the game died already? I was hoping it would be a tad more interactive. I don't even see people chatting anymore. I'd love for this game to succeed but I really only play games for the social aspect the most. Feeling like I'm one of the very few people that survived from a disaster in an mmo is very offputting.

DustOfDeath
03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
even tho its beta the... population spread out and died offf way too quick - barely 15h later its half empty, nooen talks - even the major fast travel locations etc are more or less empty.
The most people you see are at the arkfall event - and then its like 10-15 - which is soooooo tiny specially since the maps are limited so they cant be on new areas.

Dixa
03-23-2013, 02:17 PM
I am also getting a bit worried. I ran into a load of people the first day. Now I run into one or two people here and there but nothing like an mmo feels, or even a shooter for that matter. I've even went to arkfalls today across the map and only seen 1-2 people at them.

Has the game died already? I was hoping it would be a tad more interactive. I don't even see people chatting anymore. I'd love for this game to succeed but I really only play games for the social aspect the most. Feeling like I'm one of the very few people that survived from a disaster in an mmo is very offputting.

it's pax east weekend. neverwinter beta is going on. a new firefall build. rift is f2p this weekend. there are a lot of things that could pc players could be doing. note that the overall mmo playerbase is rather small compared to other genres.

this game also picks up in difficulty suddenly. i think a lot of traditional mmorpg players used to slower combat are having an issue adjusting to it

Mindfix
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM

As people are advancing through the beta they become more spread out, happened in Alpha. As far as the arkfalls go i always see a ton of people there.

Hollywood
03-23-2013, 02:24 PM
ignore this guy. he's been trolling pretty hard for a while now

He said nothing that people are not already experiencing and his opinion was decently made.
If anything you're trolling for claiming troll on him without making a counter argument.

Valethar
03-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Stopped in on the Neverwinter beta for a few minutes, since I saw the patch update for 2:30, and there were a lot of people in chat bashing Defiance.

After watching them for a bit, I decided they're mostly irrelevant. The same people basing Defiance also think that 4th Edition AD&D is good, so we know they have no clue what a good game should be like. :)

Rush
03-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Im going to have to get my pre order tommarow afternoon, my only concern is if ill be able to keep my character...

Mindfix
03-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Im going to have to get my pre order tommarow afternoon, my only concern is if ill be able to keep my character...
Your beta character will be gone.

anaberration
03-23-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm on a PC ! Where am I ? Here...Waiting for the 2:30pm update to finish :(

Nucleotides
03-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I believe in one of their videos they said defiance was a shooter first and an MMO second. It's the same thing with any MMO where when everyone gets on at the same time and starts at the same level...well no crap everyone is going to be there the for 30 minutes to an hour of beta opening. People progress and things get spread out, this happens in every MMO.

Players don't normally come together again until "end game" hits. Which in this game is going to be focused around the show and the patches/missions associated with it.

Not to mention they didn't go crazy in over-hyping the game over the past year like most MMOs do. Most likely the population will be "small" to begin with and slowly increase as word of mouth and the show brings more people in. I prefer this to everyone and their mom trying to log in day one, servers crash and then 80% of the population leaves because they wanted a new version of wow in an MMO.

edit: I should note that I'd rather play a system with an oddity that actually works than play something that is most obviously broken.

Valethar
03-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm on a PC ! Where am I ? Here...Waiting for the 2:30pm update to finish :(

LOL! Same here, watching the end of Hidalgo while I wait.

Roeh
03-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't know where anyone one is >.< I haven't seen many people at all. was trying to get a shadow war going be needed more people

anaberration
03-23-2013, 02:43 PM
I believe in one of their videos they said defiance was a shooter first and an MMO second. It's the same thing with any MMO where when everyone gets on at the same time and starts at the same level...well no crap everyone is going to be there the for 30 minutes to an hour of beta opening. People progress and things get spread out, this happens in every MMO.

Players don't normally come together again until "end game" hits. Which in this game is going to be focused around the show and the patches/missions associated with it.

Not to mention they didn't go crazy in over-hyping the game over the past year like most MMOs do. Most likely the population will be "small" to begin with and slowly increase as word of mouth and the show brings more people in. I prefer this to everyone and their mom trying to log in day one, servers crash and then 80% of the population leaves because they wanted a new version of wow in an MMO.

Ditto ! I remember the end of RIFT Beta...It was standing room only and same with afew others come too think of it :)

Zraxus
03-23-2013, 02:46 PM
ive seen lots of ppl. not as many as yesterday but i havent played nonstop so i guess they are just farther in the map than i. i think that cuz during the arkfalls there were piles of players. masses of hellbugs and ammo flying everywhere. the major arkfall was an absolute blast.

note that i am not a big fan of shooters, and i am loving this game. not sure what all the hatred is about, quests, dynamic events, storyline, customization, lots of choices what else do u want?

if u are a firefall fan, that isnt a problem but no need to rain on our parade because we are enjoying a different game that might pull players from your preferred mmo.

NirvanaDest
03-23-2013, 02:48 PM
I played on Friday for about 14 hours. Today, Saturday, its been a bit of a ghost town. Instead of 40 people on an Ark Fall there are 4. I am up for any groups. In game name is Tanya Jorgeson/NirvanaDest.

My only complaint is the ammo, or lack there of. In beta 2 it dropped like rain, the only time I was ever out of ammo was on a rocket launcher. My other complaint is the Assault Rifle, Light Machine Gun and Sub-Machine gun all use the same ammo. Seems like, why bother to even have different classes of weapons? The game borrows on Borderlands 2 to much that its surprising Take2/Gearbox are asking Trion WTF?

I do like it though, my pre-order stands and I've found 94 of those hidden codes that unlock weapons, vehicles and some other stuff.

Prophet of Entropy
03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
while im not a fan of the menu UI its not a bad game for what it is. they need to seriously work on the UI for the PC version. since the game is exactly the same from platform to platform this leaves alot to be desired for PC users expect better, and rightly so.

why is no one talking, cause the chat system they have is awful, just terribad. but that should be something they can fix once they dont need to make PC users test the console client.

like 100% MMOs this one will need work at release. i have hope that they will have the time to do that work. game play is resonably challanging through the story missions while solo. ive found its alot harder when 4-5 people are in the area and arent grouped and communicating then going completely solo.

Oberon
03-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I am also on the fence with buying the game. I have been playing it on my pc using an xbox controller, found it better than the mouse and keyboard, but I have played an MMO that launched on both a console and pc and well after the 1st month the pc version died. There is life on the pc version now after going to f2p and they finally released better graphics for the pc version, but this makes me worried about the fact that Trion is dividing this game over 3 Mediums. That is going to divide the player base. Therefore I am going to wait and see, hopefully there will be some stats on population and I will be able to decide which version of this game I want to play on.

breadmix
03-23-2013, 02:55 PM
i love the challenge

there are issues with the pc client relating to 120hz monitors. 120hz monitors are becoming standard for people who play any type of shooter on pc. this may be keeping a lot of the pc testers at bay right now.

120hz is for 3d the rest of us FPS players just stick to 60. you talking out of your bottom.
and 3D defaults back to 60hz to btw if u use 3d.

the average human cant even see 60hz. the max is about 50hz for most people.

Prophet of Entropy
03-23-2013, 02:57 PM
personaly if i dont like a game i dont go onto the forums and bash it. i tried LoL hated it, didnt like it at all. but does that make it bad game? some peoplejust cant get past thier own expectations.

Trog
03-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I only wish we had more than 5 people trying to do a major ARKFALL event. 6 Dropped and no one showed up but me and another till the timer was down to 10 minutes. I think we all lost more than we gained on that event. :)

Dixa
03-23-2013, 03:05 PM
120hz is for 3d the rest of us FPS players just stick to 60. you talking out of your bottom.
and 3D defaults back to 60hz to btw if u use 3d.

the average human cant even see 60hz. the max is about 50hz for most people.

you are talking out of your bottom

if your monitor can't do more than 60hz games will cap your fps at that.

120hz monitors do 120hz in 2d and 3d modes, and games that work with these monitors in 2d (like battlefield 3 and crysis 2 and 3) will give you greater than 100 fps.

there is a visual difference in games between 30 and 60 fps, and 60 and 100 fps.

JohnMcClane
03-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Same thought Euro server did feel like a ghost town .

In the Netherlands there is not even a shop that knows the game or that is promotion it :mad:
Someone is been slacking :mad:

The game is cool but it would be nice if quest could be normal/ casual as i am not the best player but i don't want the HC people to feel its to easy :cool: (Only for solo !)

Challenges are great but the same amount of enemies if you do solo or when you do group is overkill , kitting works but 2, 3 elites and some normal's at one time all shooting at you is a little to much.

Feel very free to disagree :p

steelslinga
03-23-2013, 03:17 PM
look me up when servers are back online if anyone needs a hand running some quests .

US servers
IGN: Akeso (might be lower case "a")

think i only have 3-4 side quests left showing on the map and the next main mission is outside of this weekends beta testing limit so i can't get to it . so i think most of us PC players are just driving around doing road killsand launching off of hills with our boost in our nomad trucks watching the map for ark falls...

Herbfiend
03-23-2013, 03:24 PM
I completed all the main and side missions yesterday along with most arkfalls that popped up near me so i decided it was a good time to get some sleep. As it got later in the day there were deffinetly less people and more soloing of content minus arkfalls people were always at those. Some words of advice for people that are getting stuck. Keep multiple weapons in your inventory start out with ranged aka sniper rifles/rocket launchers. Thumpers are good for clearing packs of small guys but iffy on larger guys/elites that wear armor due to the hit boxes on where there crit areas are. Smg's/slug shot shottys are great for close range/elites.

Dmg numbers turned on is a great feature not just to see omfg dmg numbers but so you can make sure your making the most of your ammo and killing things as productively as possible. There is probably not a single quest that you can't do alone I'm just in the process now of going back to try and get gold on my challanges/ trying to finnish up the ones I didn't do along the way and then I'm probably going to start a new char to test out the ego grid some more since I want to see if changing some perks up corrects some things I noticed.

Notice I'm not claiming I finnished the game just the content that is currently available to play on beta since it is zone locked as I found out after slamming into the boundry 5 times and getting teleported back. But anyways like I said I'll be jumping back on now so I'll see you guys at some arkfalls. There were alot of people on up till 4am est time yesterday when I finnally called it a night so some might be off getting that sleep or what have you.

edit: IGN Maini for those that need help w/ anything.