PDA

View Full Version : Against XBOX ONE, join the cause say "NO TO XB1"

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 11:09 AM
To everyone who has some choice words for MS or just generally dislikes MS recent money grabbing marketing choices.

Please change your xbox avatar motto to "NO TO XB1, Copy Motto"

we need to make a stand while we can and what better way than to use there own console voice our distaste.

[To fanboys I really do love the xbox & xbox 360 so please no burn]

Dave Blackwell
05-26-2013, 11:16 AM
To everyone who has some choice words for MS or just generally dislikes MS recent money grabbing marketing choices.

we need to make a stand while we can and what better way than to use there own console voice our distaste.

You're aware this will achieve absolutely nothing, right? But thanks for the laugh though, I'll give you that much.

Anderson
05-26-2013, 11:19 AM
If you don't like XBox One, just buy a PS4
/thread

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 11:21 AM
i suppose when no one buys the xb1 they may get the message. i know we cant reverse the mess that is the xb1 but we may be able to soften the blow

NicodemusTNT
05-26-2013, 11:23 AM
/thread

Simply this. Vote with your dollar. That being said, I wouldn't buy any on day one. See how they pan out. You might be surprised, or Steam Box may be out by then.

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 11:24 AM
/thread

I may do but if Mirrors edge 2 is a Xb1 exclusive or fable 4 good again i'm scrugged

i can't do always on connection with my internet it just won't work with my setup, steam box is out of the question for the same reason"

Deaths Nation
05-26-2013, 12:14 PM
If u don't like it don't buy it. U can't expect everyone to agree with you though. These rants and raves are getting more pathetic by the day.

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I was just trying to pull together a few fellow gamers to show MS that we don't want the xb1 in its current state. YES We could just sit back and get ps4s and pcs but I equally want the xbox one to be good not just a bluray player that plays games only when i have net.
If the xb1 has these horrible features and flops then this could negatively affect the ps4 because this will cause a gap in the market, since MS is the only traditional console competitors aimed at the hardcore market then sony could and probably will get abit lax .
My hope is that this causes a vacuum and we will get a 4th competitor this gen

Commandermech
05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Be gone you traitor!! Go join sony and get your accounts hacked lol.

do_you_even_lift
05-26-2013, 12:55 PM
why is everyone hating on the new xbox its confirmed to not always be online and this online pass thing is only a myth

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 12:59 PM
why does that make me a traiter, i want to want a xbox one, i like the xbox and 360 my friend are on xbox live but if these rumours are correct (which MS's silence pretty much confirms it) then it is implausible for me to have a xbox 1 since there will be times when my xbox one will transform into a expensive bluray player without the ability to play games.

Ninno20
05-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Why? This thread makes no sense? Why don't you like the Xbox one? Whats wrong with it? What is it you don't like about it?

You do know the PS4 is going to be pretty much the same console.

And have you seen the illumiroom, that looks sick as ****. So yeh im going to give Xbox one a chance. Maybe PS4 if they make a decent ratchet and clank game like 1 and 2.

As for this thread, why should we listen to you when you provided 0 reasons.

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 01:05 PM
why is everyone hating on the new xbox its confirmed to not always be online and this online pass thing is only a myth

everything at the moment is saying that you have to log in to live every 24hs.
fine, but what happens when you console has been turned off over night (by the plug, who actually leave stuff on standby overnight) and you have no internet so your xbox has no idea if its been 8hrs or 80hrs since it was last online, then what?

Why? This thread makes no sense? Why don't you like the Xbox one? Whats wrong with it? What is it you don't like about it?

You do know the PS4 is going to be pretty much the same console.

And have you seen the illumiroom, that looks sick as ****. So yeh im going to give Xbox one a chance. Maybe PS4 if they make a decent ratchet and clank game like 1 and 2.

As for this thread, why should we listen to you when you provided 0 reasons.

OK, i realise i hadn't explained my self very well just hear me out

logging into live 24hs to be able to play your single player games, whilst not too much of a pain could be potentially be crippling if you lose you internet or the servers go down. also it very bad for people that don't have internet obviously.

MS taking over/blocking the used game market is bad because I bet they are not going to lower prices in the same way as game/game stop excluding many gamers who cant buy new titles every month (aka most of us).

No backwards compatibility, so ok i don't mind so much but,
-there will be few games to start with which will be expensive to stock up on with no/strangled preowned market,
-that XB1 is big alot of people are going to struggle to fit that and the last gen 360 under the telly,
-no arcade games transfer purchased from 360.
so these factors combined leads to a small and expensive library of games for at least the 1st year

I hope i have cleared up my issues with the new system, for those of you who think these are just rumours there is to much pointing otherwise

Maximilion
05-26-2013, 01:06 PM
It's not really been confirmed that this 24 hour 'phone home' thing is for real. I read somewhere that it is down to the software developers to implement this so some will (EA for sure) but many may not.

I'm keeping an open mind and looking forward to E3 to see what games are on the way. :)

Ninno20
05-26-2013, 01:07 PM
everything at the moment is saying that you have to log in to live every 24hs.
fine, but what happens when you console has been turned off over night (by the plug, who actually leave stuff on standby overnight) and you have no internet so your xbox has no idea if its been 8hrs or 80hrs since it was last online, then what?

Consoles have clock F'****. Why you think the time has advanced when you turn the xbox on? Is it magic? Go die.

Wait for E3 most stuff will be confirmed, the only reason there keeping stuff quiet is so people talk about it, they aint milking it like Sony atlest, they could be selling us crap on a stick for all we know. (This ofc is the apple approach every company seems to be milking).

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Consoles have clock F'****. Why you think the time has advanced when you turn the xbox on? Is it magic? Go die.

Wait for E3 most stuff will be confirmed, the only reason there keeping stuff quiet is so people talk about it, they aint milking it like Sony atlest, they could be selling us crap on a stick for all we know. (This ofc is the apple approach every company seems to be milking).

yes they do that only work when they have power of some kind to the console. if you xbox has no power (AKA you turn it off at the plug) it will forget the time because there is no battery or transistor(Like the original xbox) to keep the clock ticking

Sly Luck
05-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Well against the XB1.

Always on kinect, have to hook it up to the internet every 24 hours, and thier used games fiasco. If I wanted to be spied on i would type the word Exercise.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/avoid-words-prevent-homeland-security-spying-social-networks-211947512.html

Going to build my own PC for Rome 2 Total War later this year. As well as Free player made content so no more getting ripped off by ****ty DLCs and 10$ outfits that don't do a damn thing.

IIXxEViLxXII
05-26-2013, 02:37 PM
To OP: I will be buying 2 upon release. Don't like it? Don't buy one. Your opinion is shared by few, not many.

XFistsClenchedX
05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
The XBOX One is going to be incredible. I can't wait.

gamingreal
05-26-2013, 02:51 PM
To OP: I will be buying 2 upon release. Don't like it? Don't buy one. Your opinion is shared by few, not many.
Its not that i have anything against the console, i want the console thats the problem but because of features they most likely have already implemented i wont beable to have one.

i should of giving this topic a diferent name it should be "against xbox one elitist internet requirements ect.."

KILLER
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Ps4 will not allow used games at all so have fun showing Xbox how smart you are by buying a ps4.

nosworc
05-26-2013, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Cynical Jester
05-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Hey why not.. I'll bite..

The original XBOX was good.. Why anybody even looked at the 360 twice is beyond me.. I guess because people enjoy getting screwed? XBOX One looks like it has some decent features but they are focusing on the wrong things.. instead of what they should be.. aka games...

I'll never own an XBOX beyond the original for one reason: They are greedy pieces of ****. The only thing they have done right is marketing.. I mean.. look how many fools own an XBOX 360 and have been just fine with buying more when theirs crapped out the whole time swearing up down it's the best!!

Does anybody look at actual system specs anymore or just pretty pictures and marketing campaigns? XBOX 360 had more add-ons than WOW... They planned it this way...

So IMO it's not a 'NO TO XB1' it's a simple no to Microsoft unless you enjoy infererior hardware, paying more for that hardware over all and paying for XBOX Live just to play online...

The top 2 excuses I've seen for people staying with the 360 all this time:

All my friends are on Live! - So break the cycle.. If your friends jumped of a bridge would you do it too? This is really the lamest of the two I think. I would not buy an inferior product just because my friends were dumb enough too.. In fact.. I've told them as such

I've invested to much money to change now .. Well .. I kind of understand/stood .. But at what point do you cut your losses and move on?

Don't think I'm some fanboy for the other guys.. The problem is fanboys on both sides.. All Microsoft has done is shown the competitors how easy it is to get over on people.. Really not looking forward to any 'Next Gen' console for this reason a lone.

Glad I got back into PCs when I did....

and don't give me no **** that games looked / performed just as well on 360 as they did on PS3.. Devs just stopped working as hard.. and the games that did out perform the ones on the PS3 were ports that weren't natively coded for PS3.. They could get the same money for less work.. Thank you XBOX!!

Really this wouldn't bother me so bad.. but Defiance is a perfect example of what happens when Devs focus on the 360.. The people that could of gotten a great experience do not.. instead I can't see 5 meters past my face. Thank you XBOX!

You want to like a system because it is obviously better? Fine

You want to like a system only because it's made by a particular company? You are a fool

Anymore I just want to play retro games and not even deal with all the BS that goes on now.. the way gaming is going is sad sad sad and has been for quite awhile...

Money/Company/CEOs': Hindering innovation since.. well.. since forever..

Defiance could of been cross-platform.. but because Sony and Microsoft refuse to shake hands like bickering children.. it will never happen.

Also, do not think for a second I believe Sony as a company is better than Microsoft.. in some ways worse..

But comparing 360 to PS3.. PS3 is simply and always has been better hardware wise.

TL;DR: You didn't miss much.

Anderson
05-26-2013, 03:35 PM
The top 2 excuses I've seen for people staying with the 360 all this time:

All my friends are on Live! - So break the cycle.. If your friends jumped of a bridge would you do it too? This is really the lamest of the two I think. I would not buy an inferior product just because my friends were dumb enough too.. In fact.. I've told them as such

I've invested to much money to change now .. Well .. I kind of understand/stood .. But at what point do you cut your losses and move on?

Oh my God man, the PS3 and 360 are only slightly different. If I've already bought one I don't really need the other unless I'm just so desperate to play God of War that I'm willing to pay a few hundred extra dollars for that privilege.

Jyro
05-26-2013, 03:44 PM
For the comment about sony and microsoft not willing to work together...although this game is pretty old, you can play final fantasy 11 on the xbox 360, playstation 2, playstation 3, and on the pc with cross-platform play.

duction
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
i have pre order'd a xbox one already :)

cant wait to crack that badboy open when it turns up!!!!!!

Lord Blackthorn
05-26-2013, 04:49 PM
i have pre order'd a xbox one already :)

cant wait to crack that badboy open when it turns up!!!!!!

This!

I am not a hypocrite.
I have Xbox One already preordered. It will be payed off long before its out. I plan on having at least 4 controllers the first day. Then guess what... by then... Destiny will be out....
If Defiance is NOT on Xbox One, it will die... plain and simple. Slowly mind you, but it will still happen. Destiny is being designed to kill Defiance as it is, so if it can be more marketable than Defiance, then it will win without a fight.

RancidPigeon
05-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Why is everyone getting their jimmies in a bunch before E3? It's widely known that E3 is the time of year when gaming companies slam our brains with information. I won't make any judgements till after than, but honestly I am excited for the Xbox One and I will probably get a PS4 as well.

KjcKiesh
05-26-2013, 05:38 PM

Buying 2? Merde!! Recession hasn't hit you to hard aye? If I had that kind of spare cash well sure I'd buy one off the bat, but considering I don't I think I'm going to leave it until any issues have been ironed out (eg: Pretty much every 360 getting the red ring of death after a couple of months).
Money (or lack of) is probably a major concern for many, considering they may be forking out £400+ (or $750, don't hold me to the exchange rate) for something they may end up not liking, so I understand the reservations in lining up to buy this product =)

DJTrig
05-26-2013, 05:40 PM
There really wasn't much point in showcasing a big list of games with E3 right around the corner,hence the lack of games came as no surprise to me.And all the bad rumours have been thrown out on both consoles but 360 being more popular it has the loudest voice.I plan on getting the X1 at launch (though that kinect 2 is getting covered if the always on thing is true) and i plan on getting the PS4 further down the road (for the exclusives).

You are either a gamer,a casual or a fanboy.As a gamer i need both systems to be able to play all the games that pique my interest (just like every other generation) but this time,like last,MS has grapped my attention more.Sony had me for two and it looks like MS has me for two aswell now.

And to the obvious troll of the thread,that mask of nuetrality you are trying to hide behind is slipping bigtime.

ErikR68
05-26-2013, 05:45 PM

Not always online, but, has to phone home once every 24 hours... what if you lose your net for a few days? No gaming for you! Close enough to always online.

ErikR68
05-26-2013, 05:50 PM
It's not really been confirmed that this 24 hour 'phone home' thing is for real. I read somewhere that it is down to the software developers to implement this so some will (EA for sure) but many may not.

I'm keeping an open mind and looking forward to E3 to see what games are on the way. :)

oh, confirmed alright...

UPDATE #2: It remains unclear whether or not the Xbox One is an always-online console. In an interview with Kotaku, Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison provided a bit of muddled clarification regarding the console's online strategy.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet."

When Kotaku's Stephen Totilo pressed Harrison on the specifics of how long you could be offline before the Xbox One stopped you from playing a single-player game, Harrison responded with, "I believe itís 24 hours."

We'll be following up on this story as more details emerge.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection

ErikR68
05-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Ps4 will not allow used games at all so have fun showing Xbox how smart you are by buying a ps4.

Source? That's what I thought!

Turantula
05-26-2013, 06:21 PM

Dude get over it not all of us got hacked, my info wasnt stolen, and there hasnt been an incident since. Way to hang on to something that happened 2 years ago, and if you think this will happen on their next gen console you are truly an a.s.s. jack. I play my ps3 and xbox both around the same amount and enjoy both systems thoroughly, im not swingin on sony or ms' s junk, I just have common sense. Waaaaaaait a minute. Your just trolling! Ha! I knew someone couldn't possibly be missing that much brain matter and still function.

ErikR68
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM

actually...

Pachter: Sony's Jack Tretton "Totally Opposed to Blocking Used Games"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117253-Pachter-Sonys-Jack-Tretton-Totally-Opposed-to-Blocking-Used-Games

and

Sony on PS4 used games: 'We are going to do the right thing'

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-on-ps4-used-games-we-are-going-to-do-the-right-thing-6404470

XFistsClenchedX
05-26-2013, 07:35 PM
You can't trust anything Sony says. They're the company that secretly installed rootkits on peoples PCs without them knowing and left them vulnerable to hackers and they pushed for always connected Blu Ray players. Plus, the PS3 didn't end up with a bunch of features they said it was going to have.

megatrin
05-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes To xbox one....

You serious? Just shut up and take my money......!
Anyway i plan to buy two of them and sell the first one on ebay or amazon for double price if what happen in 2005 happen again.... Remember trying to find a 360 during 2005/2006 time frame it going to happen again......

IF you don;t like the xbox then why the hell your on a xbox sub forum....

Go To the Sony page then...

Thank You come again....!

Escyos
05-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Wow and I thought companies already did all they could to get money from people.

http://imgur.com/gallery/s4rFvsn

gamingreal
05-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Wow and I thought companies already did all they could to get money from people.

http://imgur.com/gallery/s4rFvsn

good article, al lot of this is just rumours but most of it has been unofficially confirmed in some way or the other ether through leaked documents, patents, things MS employees have said and everything they haven't said to counter these rumours.

Ive stuck by MS but i really don't like the direction they are going with Win8 and Xbox one, and mark my words if there new business model is successful you will be on the forums in years to come saying what has gone wrong to the gaming industry and why didn't we do something sooner.

CozyMilk
05-27-2013, 02:20 AM
NO TO XBox1

Demoniku22
05-27-2013, 02:27 AM
What's everyones problem with the XboxOne? I just don't really get it.

1.) Kinect always listening. I don't really think a lot of people should be concerned about privacy considering that in 5 minutes from now someone will be posting on Facebook how thier testicals smell like rainbows or some 13 year old girl telling everyone how she is soooo in love with brad and that they're getting married only 2 hours after officially hooking up. Point is that everyone post every lil thought they have online, these forums are a good example.

2.) Used games/DRM I can tell you right now Sony is going to have the exact same ****. They were the first to file a patent on blocking used games before M$. The CEO of Gamestop said they were working closely with both MS and Sony on the used games market (which prety much verifies it right there) and when a number of game journalist ask Sony, they said it felt like sony beat around the bush. It's there Sony just hasn't offficialy said anything yet.

3.) Backwards compatability- PS won't have it either.

4.)Always online- More than likely Sony has the exact same policy for thier system considering a lot of thier features on the new system is sharing.

So in other words if you boycott the XboxOne you might as well put the PS4 in with it and just get a PC.

CozyMilk
05-27-2013, 02:35 AM
What's everyones problem with the XboxOne? I just don't really get it.

1.) Kinect always listening. I don't really think a lot of people should be concerned about privacy considering that in 5 minutes from now someone will be posting on Facebook how thier testicals smell like rainbows or some 13 year old girl telling everyone how she is soooo in love with brad and that they're getting married only 2 hours after officially hooking up.

2.) Used games/DRM I can tell you right now Sony is going to have the exact same ****. They were the first to file a patent on blocking used games before M$. The CEO of Gamestop said they were working closely with both MS and Sony on the used games market (which prety much verifies it right there) and when a number of game journalist ask Sony, they said it felt like sony beat around the bush.

3.) Backwards compatability- PS won't have it either.

4.)Always online- More than likely Sony has the exact same policy for thier system considering a lot of thier features on the new system is sharing.

So in other words if you boycott the XboxOne you might as well put the PS4 in with it and just get a PC.

1.) kinect is god awful.
2.) just because ps4 will not have used games either does not mean Im okay okay with it.
3.) just because ps4 will not have backwards compatibility does not mean I'm ok with this.
4.) Always online, that doesn't bother me so much.
5.) the look of the xbone flatout sucks.

I'd rather skip both consoles and spend the money on a couple old school consoles like turbo graphix, sega,,etc..

This is coming from an 8 year Xbox live tenure member. I hate to say it and never thought I would, but Xbone is whack. The kinect being such an integral part of console is the biggest mistake

EDIT: oh yea, Cheevos for watching tv, pfff

Demoniku22
05-27-2013, 02:51 AM
1.) kinect is god awful.
2.) just because ps4 will not have used games either does not mean Im okay okay with it.
3.) just because ps4 will not have backwards compatibility does not mean I'm ok with this.

I'd rather skip both consoles and spend the money on a couple old school consoles like turbo graphix, sega,,etc..

This is coming from an 8 year Xbox live tenure member. I hate to say it and never thought I would, but Xbone is whack. The kinect being such an integral part of console is the biggest mistake

Exactly what im saying, i'll just stick with my current systems and gradually move further into PC. I just don't understand why people are taking this news and jumping straight on Sony's nuts.

XFistsClenchedX
05-27-2013, 10:01 AM
1.) kinect is god awful.

The Kinect 2.0 is really damn impressive. The PS4 is likely going to be uglier than the X1.

divergent ghost
05-27-2013, 01:26 PM

mainly because people are idiots, and need something to complain about. They will all be buying it, dont worry. Its basically an Xbox 360, just with EVERYTHING UPDATED plus NEW FEATURES ADDED. nothing to cry about, so people make up things and then you have the bandwagoners

Kivlov
05-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Not quite sure what this is doing here but oh well Ill join in.

The two major points why the Xbone fails are listed in the following:

-Requires internet connection
Though I am always online this is besides the point, what happens if your internet dies on the 24th hour needing to connect to play, what happens when servers are down for maintenence. How can I turn my console on to play pac man? I can't? Oh thanks alot.

-Kinect requirement
I know they have said you can turn the settings off and not use the kinect, but they still explain that the kinect HAS TO BE CONNECTED otherwise the console will not run. Why does it have to be connected if I can choose not to use it? I smell total BS. Even if they are going to force the voice commands on you, if it is always connected they can then allow game developers to choose to use it and at some point there will be a game I want to play but cant because it wants me to talk to the kinect to bring up the map or something of that sort, and I refuse to participate in this crap.

If they remove the ability to play games without the discs, this would solve the used game situation, would solve the need for an internet connection (because of DRM) and make it way more realistic.

All I want is a 360 with an updated graphics card, bluray player (to get larger games all on one disc) and larger hard drive space. That is all.

The thought of achievements for tv makes me want to vomit.

I just want a gaming box and id be happy to pay any price for that, but as it currently stands I wouldnt even buy an xbox one if it were £99.

Such a shame as I wanted to like it.

XFistsClenchedX
05-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Not quite sure what this is doing here but oh well Ill join in.

The two major points why the Xbone fails are listed in the following:

-Requires internet connection
Though I am always online this is besides the point, what happens if your internet dies on the 24th hour needing to connect to play, what happens when servers are down for maintenence. How can I turn my console on to play pac man? I can't? Oh thanks alot.

-Kinect requirement
I know they have said you can turn the settings off and not use the kinect, but they still explain that the kinect HAS TO BE CONNECTED otherwise the console will not run. Why does it have to be connected if I can choose not to use it? I smell total BS. Even if they are going to force the voice commands on you, if it is always connected they can then allow game developers to choose to use it and at some point there will be a game I want to play but cant because it wants me to talk to the kinect to bring up the map or something of that sort, and I refuse to participate in this crap.

If they remove the ability to play games without the discs, this would solve the used game situation, would solve the need for an internet connection (because of DRM) and make it way more realistic.

All I want is a 360 with an updated graphics card, bluray player (to get larger games all on one disc) and larger hard drive space. That is all.

The thought of achievements for tv makes me want to vomit.

I just want a gaming box and id be happy to pay any price for that, but as it currently stands I wouldnt even buy an xbox one if it were £99.

Such a shame as I wanted to like it.

Your loss. You might change your tune when the XBOX One games are dynamic based on the emotion of the gamer.

Hope499
05-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Simply this. Vote with your dollar. That being said, I wouldn't buy any on day one. See how they pan out. You might be surprised, or Steam Box may be out by then.

Yup, gonna have to wait and see, or at least wait for E3.

I admit, the ONE (dumb, dumb name...) looks...well it looks like horrible **** right now.

We are gamers....give us a GAMING console....not an app using, fantasy football TV watching machine...WTF are you thinking Microsoft?? You greedy fools...

Im gonna wait to make a choice...but YUCKY so far...

Yes...

YUCKY!

ALso, you should post a link to Angry Joes review on youtube...such gold

Hope499
05-29-2013, 06:09 AM
1.)

wow...I think you just got a new stalker! I love it....

/squeal

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/8339/tumblrlq2k81nb7b1qht847.gif

N3gativeCr33p
05-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Yup, gonna have to wait and see, or at least wait for E3.

Same thing I have been telling people that have asked me what I think about the PS4/XB1 release info.

"I need to see what's shown at E3 before I lean one way or the other."

Besides, I'm not making the same mistake (for the third time) by being an early console adopter. Never again.

XFistsClenchedX
05-29-2013, 06:26 AM
The one complaint that really annoys me is when people say the XBOX One isn't a gaming console. What a load of bs. With cloud gaming, the power of the XBOX One can be 3-4 times as powerful as the hardware in theory. Plus having the Kinect as a necessary requirement allows developers to really utilize the potential of the Kinect. Mostly what I learned after the X1 reveal is how stupid the average gamer is. I shouldn't be surprised considering how stupid people are in multiplayer.

frankie swift
05-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Its not that i have anything against the console, i want the console thats the problem but because of features they most likely have already implemented i wont beable to have one.

i should of giving this topic a diferent name it should be "against xbox one elitist internet requirements ect.."
Look mate stand up for yourself,dont let these xbone fanboys try to change your mind.
if your worried about it,means you have reason to be,
i have both consoles and a pc,but the best thing to do is what other sane peeps have said, and wait for more real info on either console,dont forget above all else they want your money,so its down to them if they choose to piss on the gamers that have and will support them.
i myself am leaning towards ps4,but that is not 100% due to not enough concrete info from either sony or from the xbone peeps.
but if your worried thats normal its your money thats being blown after all.peace.

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-29-2013, 07:41 AM
The one complaint that really annoys me is when people say the XBOX One isn't a gaming console. What a load of bs. With cloud gaming, the power of the XBOX One can be 3-4 times as powerful as the hardware in theory. Plus having the Kinect as a necessary requirement allows developers to really utilize the potential of the Kinect. Mostly what I learned after the X1 reveal is how stupid the average gamer is. I shouldn't be surprised considering how stupid people are in multiplayer.

What about those of us that don't want to utilize Kinect? I like to sit back and relax when I play games. I don't want to be flailing around when I'm blowing away my enemies!

Hope499
05-29-2013, 07:46 AM
What about those of us that don't want to utilize Kinect? I like to sit back and relax when I play games. I don't want to be flailing around when I'm blowing away my enemies!

Any hardcore gamer feels the same don't worry.

The MOST I wanna do with kinect (unless I wanna actually use it) is voice commands...and even then not always

jaymee82
05-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Writing this on your 360 avatar moto is going to do as much good as using a chocolate teapot. Especially considering microsoft can change peoples 360 profiles at will themselves if they wanted too. Grow up, if you don't want the xbox one, DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!! But don't go moaning about it asking people to to waste their time writing pointless rubbish on their profiles and posting rubbish threads here.

Reverend Blood
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Can someone explain to me what this has to do with Defiance? I'll wait...

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Any hardcore gamer feels the same don't worry.

The MOST I wanna do with kinect (unless I wanna actually use it) is voice commands...and even then not always

Well that makes me feel better. I don't really want to jump on the PS4 wagon. The duel shock controller is terrible for my hands, which happen to be fairly large. I get horrible hand cramps when using that flimsy thing. I can't get excited about the X1 though. It doesn't seem enough like a gaming console. I'm hoping E3 proves me wrong but I'm not very hopeful.

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 08:06 AM
I would just like to interpret this in a way so that others who have misunderstood the reveal may finally understand what is being said in regards to the kinect being involved with the X1.

A major feature of Microsoft's upcoming console, the new Kinect system is designed to allow the player to control all aspects of the device using gestures and voice input - including being able to turn it on from a completely powered-off state.

This means that it is intergrated into the system so that it can be be controlled entirely by voice/movement as opposed to doing it the conventional way with a controller. It does not suggest that all games will require the kinect in order to be played, however, game developers would have that option to choose to do so if they want to.

What Microsoft's statements don't cover, however, is the use of the Kinect system while gaming. Although it goes without saying that the Kinect sensor system will need to be activated while playing a Kinect-enabled game, Microsoft seems to suggest that the system will be fully active even when playing games that do not make use of the Kinect system, while watching films and TV or listening to music. Whether the system can be disabled during these scenarios without turning the console off is not yet clear.

Quotes taken from here: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1300015/xbox-one-kinect-can-be-shut-off-says-microsoft

This should at least allow those of you who are frothing at the mouth over the thought of using your muscles to relax a little bit. What this means is there are most likely going to be two different types of game formats. One being that it's the original, typical xbox game where it's played via controller. Then the second being kinect enabled so that the kinect can be used. I'll admit it makes me laugh watching people losing the head over this due to misunderstanding how it was represented but I can assure you we'll still be playing games via a handheld controlled console on this system. I would also like to mention that it won't be cemented into the console.

Regardless, I suspect this post will be overlooked as it addresses the issue more or less head on. But I for one will be sticking with Microsoft on this as after hearing about Sony being hacked and confidential information being vulnerable, that has reduced my trust in the company as far as gaming consoles go. Anyone can choose to do as they wish, but that is the sole reason why I will never turn to Sony. You get what you pay for and if paying for a yearly online connection to XBL can ensure that my details can't be accessed as easily. Well.. then you've got my money.

duction
05-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Say what you want it's going to sell like hot cakes and everyone's going to enjoy it :) more bang for your buck is always welcome :)

TexasUncle
05-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Maybe I missed some critical info about the xbox1, I didn't read anything about always connected to the internet, or that the Kinect is really a listening device. I did read however that the machine can be turned off, that it doesn't require a constant internet connection, and that no one will have to pay to play used games. A lot of assumptions are being made and none of them have any facts to back them up. I am also hearing that sony is winning the console fight in regards to ps4 vs xbox1, um I didn't know that sony had already released the ps4 and are enjoying a hefty sales lead. People are saying that the damage is already done and that it's too late for Microsoft to redeem themselves at e3, again didn't know that both consoles are on sale and that no one is buying an xbox1 and everyone is flocking to the ps4. How about we all wait until e3 and let Microsoft show what they couldn't show at the revel a few days ago and then make our voices heard.

Chemikz
05-29-2013, 08:30 AM
What's this got to do with Defiance?

duction
05-29-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm going to pi$$ my self laughing when all the idiots flock to the ps4 and they finally announce what there console does and how it does it and they all make a U turn! Lol

MrRotten
05-29-2013, 11:59 AM
It's time for some perspective...

I've been an Xbox owner for a very very long time. How long? Not really sure.... It's been a long time!

The news about XboxONE; initially had me amazed!

An Entertainment Console, yes please!

The reason I choose Xbox over PS is simply features, social features, gaming community interaction features... Because when it comes to specs, when it comes to processing power and graphics, everyone knows the PS has a slight edge.

However; when it comes to Gameplay, they are so similar it's a wash...

I was in the Military for 7 years, I'm a old gamer, have family and friends all over the world. For this reason, I choose Xbox because I can chat with many people at once, could all be playing different games, hell we don't even have to play a game to be communicating. I pay my Xbox subscription gladly because of all those features, the apps that I regularly use and interact with, the connectivity.

If I wanted strictly a Gaming Console and a Bluray player, I would probably go with PS, but I wanted more...

Most gamers, in most gamers households, there's a community you belong to. Xbox and Microsoft did it right with all that interaction and is far superior in all those extra features then PS.

PSN is free, you get what you pay for... I do understand that argument...

Now, with that all being said on why I choose Xbox, let's get to the Next Gen topic itself.

XboxONE Myths:
Always On - Microsoft has already said the Xbox console itself is not Always On... However; what bothers me is that the Kinect is infact Always On. It's always recording, it's always listening... Is anyone else concerned by this? As an Angry dude on a Xbox Video suggests, Microsoft is one hack away from an Invasion of Privacy lawsuit for which it could destroy that company, let's be honest. It will happen, we all know it will... (People of Walmart, People of the Air Port Security) Those types of private photos made it to the internet based on surveillance footage... This is risky business, I sure hope they do this right. I've never been a fan of Kinect, never bought into it. I'm oldschool, don't like talking to a piece of electronic equipment, I think it's silly. Talking to your iPhone expecting a response to me is just sad... LOL Unfortunately, it seems the XboxONE is solely building on this control, voice commands, and hand gestures... Which means again, your Kinect is always on, always watching, always listening.... Twilight Zone anyone?

Used Game Debate - I think alot of people are missing this perspective.... First, how is this issue any different then how it is now? PC Games require you to have a CD Key connected to your account when you buy a game for like MMOs or something. You can't take that game and give it to your buddy, he has to buy a new CD Key. I think people are so ready to dump on Microsoft over this and miss the real facts. Consoles are gearing more and more towards PC types of games, where they require online interaction and shared worlds. DEFIANCE is one of the first, but then you're going to get DESTINY and others. Other games have had built in ONLINE ONLY features, like Madden and other Sports Games. Where you would normally have to purchase Online Rights to play those games with your buddies. This is no difference then what they are moving towards. Games that aren't Online Enabled or require Online Connectivity to play with your friends, will still have a Used Game Market. But games that require Online Connectivity, have the option and are focused more towards Shared World and interaction with other players all over have already been moving in this direction of buying a license or in their words in previous years "Season Passes".

They will do away with "Season Passes" and require an individual license now. If you ask me, this could also save the consumer money. If I'm buying an Online Enabled game or an Online Required game, normally you gotta buy the game twice as it is now. Instead of paying $120 bucks to buy 2 copies of the game, you can buy 1 copy of the game, then install it to your buddies XboxONE profile for a lower fee? There lays the problem, we don't know what the fee will be to buy that license, if the fee is lower, then it's better, if the fee is just as much as the game, then that's stupid, you're better off buying the new game so you have your own disk anyways. So the jury is still out on this aspect of the Used Games Debate...

The other part of the Used Games Debate is that stores like Gamestop and other Trade Stores who make a big market off their Used Games sales will suffer?? Yea maybe... But the thing is, the Game Market will adapt. Why can't we assume if the game market moves to something like this even for consoles as it has already been for PC games, why can't we assume that if you buy an XboxONE "Used Game" that maybe you pay an extra fee to add a License to that game? For example, if you buy (HYPOTHETICALLY) the XboxONE used version of Defiance (I know Defiance won't be on XboxONE, just an example.) you technically won't be able to play it on XboxONE without a License for it, so what if Gamestop starts charging that used game for $49.99 instead which gives you a unique license, it's still a used game, it's still being sold by Gamestop and that keeps the used game market intact. All of this is hypothetical, don't skewer me for my example, it's just an example.

The other aspect of this is that we don't know for sure if all XboxONE games will be Online Required. Microsoft has already come out and said it'll be up to the Game Developers. That's how it is now, newsflash... Defiance is Online Required, while Madden 13 isn't Online Required but if you do want the Online Required features you pay for the Season Pass. It's the same thing, maybe this new model will streamline the process. The way I see it, if you have a big name company that makes less off used game sales and they're releasing a bit time franchise game, then they'll make it somehow Online Required so the used market gets boned. If you got a game company that's looking to find it's footing in the game market, or releasing a new game, taking chances, then they could make a good portion of their sales off the used game market and wouldn't make it Online Required.

Another thing, what makes you think that if XboxONE goes this route that PS and Sony will follow? I've already heard in the same rumor mills and speculation that this indeed would happen. What I mean by that is if Microsoft is forcing Game Developers to be Online Required and require Licensing to play Online, are you that naive to think that Sony wouldn't follow?

So hating on XboxONE and Microsoft and telling people to buy PS4 might not be the solution either....

Again, all of this is just my speculation based off things I've read, examples, merely theorizing on hypothetical ideas...

I'm concerned no doubt about some of the things XboxONE is saying, but I'm on a wait and see basis.

There's alot of info that needs to be cleared up, alot of rumors and speculation and alot of people throwing junk out there based on personal agendas. Simply put, we don't have all the information yet...

This is an important year for sure, all gamers already seem to recognize that.

Interested to see what E3 brings us....

One thing I do also know, is if you're a True Gamer, you can't walk away no matter what direction NEXT Gen goes, we'll learn to adapt as gamers always do.

/signed
MrRotten

PS: Yes I know there are flaws in my ideas or thoughts/speculation... Feel free to focus on that if you'd like... I'm just playing devil's advocate at this point, the overall point is: I'm on a wait and see basis... ;)

The Grayson
05-29-2013, 12:20 PM

Wow. . SMH. Tell your parents to be quiet up stairs!!!

LtRobbiesan
05-29-2013, 12:33 PM
I will wait for the full product information on XB1 and PS4 before deciding.

Commandermech
05-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Xbox 1 will appeal to a much larger audience than the ps4 looks like microsoft will outsell sony again this time 4 to 1 probaly its a no brainer really microsoft just has a better marketing strategy and that's a fact lol deal with it. Now xbox 1 will have blue ray guess I don't need my ps3 anymore lol.

dlCHIEF58
05-29-2013, 12:52 PM
@MrRotten

There are a few things wrong with your "myths", mostly it reads as if you are presenting them as facts (whether this was intentional or not).

1 - Kinect is not always on, it will be that way by default but you will be able to change the settings to have it actually off in your privacy settings. There is no "always recording" feature. Microsoft reps have already confirmed this and will elaborate more soon.

2. Season passes aren't going anywhere - you have that confused with "online passes". All a Season Pass does is lump a group of DLC together at a discount price, like the one available for this game (5 pieces of DLC for the price of 4). An "online pass" restricts online play to customers who buy the product new or charge second hand users in order to access the multiplayer portion or some other bonus content (Catwoman in Batman: Arkham Asylum for example). Thus far only EA has confirmed they are doing away with their online passes in future games.

3. You are making a lot of conjecture regarding the used game scenarios based on incomplete information and rumors. Of course that is what the majority of people on the internet are doing at the moment, and Microsoft has commented saying just this same thing. Same goes for the online requirement, lots of rumor and conjecture based on out of context comments and unconfirmed rumors. But then again I guess that was the reason for your post.

But you have the right idea to take a "wait & see" approach to the new consoles. People need to remember SONY also has not addressed any of these issues, merely sidestepped the questions. They said they will leave online requirement up to the developer (not Microsoft as you indicated), they only said the PS4 will support used games but did not elaborate and refused to give details (though they weren't grilled on this like Microsoft was for some reason), and they didn't really have any information about the console itself other than some vague specs which they admitted were yet to be finalized (yet fanboys are clamoring that it is so much more powerful than the One when NO PROCESSOR SPECS HAVE BEEN RELEASED FOR EITHER CONSOLE, other than being an 8-core AMD chip).

My biggest gripe about the One is that it allegedly requires all games to be installed on the hard drive and does not play from the disc. To make matters worse, there is only a 500GB hard drive in the system that is not user serviceable or replaceable. I play a lot of games as well as have a lot of DLC on the 360, I filled my 320GB hard drive up several times and have deleted or moved to flash drives about another 100GB of games and DLC (and recently had to do it again just so I could install the latest patch to this game). I don't feel like shuffling files around between external hard drives/flash drives or deleting content just so I will be able to play a new game. Granted this will not be an issue at launch, but will be several months down the road.

Crisco
05-29-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm with MrRotten for the most part, I'm quite excited about it but a few things are worrying. I've read a few OXM articles about The One which may help. The OXM team are pretty tight.

XboxONE Myths:
Always On - Microsoft has already said the Xbox console itself is not Always On... However; what bothers me is that the Kinect is infact Always On. It's always recording, it's always listening...

They have said that while the Kinect is always on, you will have privacy controls - http://www.oxm.co.uk/54819/xbox-one-kinect-wont-be-used-to-spy-on-you-camera-can-be-switched-off/ But I too am quite sceptical about that as this article seems to contradict it a little bit - http://www.oxm.co.uk/54967/legal-expert-xbox-ones-big-brother-approach-to-tv-is-nothing-new/

Used Game Debate - I think alot of people are missing this perspective.... First, how is this issue any different then how it is now? PC Games require you to have a CD Key connected to your account when you buy a game for like MMOs or something. You can't take that game and give it to your buddy, he has to buy a new CD Key.A few sources, (some of which have been very reliable in the past) are now saying that each game will have a sort of unique code on the disk (I'm not very good with technology) which will include the license. When you sell/trade the game and it is installed on another console they will be able to detect the unique 'license' code on your profile and transfer it to the new owner who has just installed it.

Another source claims that retailers may have to pay the activation fee rather than us consumers. I'm not exactly sure but this article may shed some light on it - http://www.oxm.co.uk/54722/report-microsoft-and-publishers-will-automatically-get-a-cut-of-xbox-one-pre-owned-sales/

Another thing, what makes you think that if XboxONE goes this route that PS and Sony will follow? I've already heard in the same rumor mills and speculation that this indeed would happen. What I mean by that is if Microsoft is forcing Game Developers to be Online Required and require Licensing to play Online, are you that naive to think that Sony wouldn't follow?

So hating on XboxONE and Microsoft and telling people to buy PS4 might not be the solution either....
I'm guessing that the Pre-owned fiasco and the always online thing probably come from the developers/publishers (Wanting some return on used games and cracking down on piracy) rather than Microsoft but the point still stands. If companies are wanting to implement these features it will almost certainly be on both next gen consoles.

There's alot of info that needs to be cleared up, alot of rumors and speculation and alot of people throwing junk out there based on personal agendas. Simply put, we don't have all the information yet...

This is an important year for sure, all gamers already seem to recognize that.

Interested to see what E3 brings us....

One thing I do also know, is if you're a True Gamer, you can't walk away no matter what direction NEXT Gen goes, we'll learn to adapt as gamers always do.^This. I think we all need to remember this. We don't have all the info yet and I believe we'll get some big news and a lot of the answers at E3.

Silent Hysteria
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM
I think a lot of this is boiling down to Publishers wanting a cut of used game market. EA and others got greedy and required a fee to play a used game online. Now others are following suit and will step it up. A quote is seen from a Microsoft rep said "We will not require a fee to play a used game" .... "WE" meaning im waiting for publishers to require it though.

Have you seen how much games are on Live that have been out over a year? 30-50 dollars to download a game I can get used for 5-10 dollars!?

And the checking in every 24 hrs is BS. I know steam somehow is thriving...but as soon as I purchased Half life 2 when it came out and realized I had to be online to play it I sent them a big middle finger and refused to use steam or ANYTHING that uses heavy DRM. I love XBOX..it has been great. I know PS4 could potentially be doing the same thing...and I won't get one of those either. If Microsoft had just came out and put these rumors to rest I would say its just rumors. BUT they have been dancing around the issues which pretty much confirm it for me.

Kinect is garbage... Not going to lie..i drink when I play XBOX...will the Kinect have a slurred speech adaptor?? :) Seriously...Kinect sucks...a gimmick. I don't want to be waving my arms or yelling at my TV... it is really not that hard to push a button.

Ill go back to gaming when the holo-deck becomes a reality.

Silent Hysteria
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Someone else mentioned this as well. Stuff happens in life... What happens if I get layed off from work... a responsible person budgets...and internet is not a necessity when you are trying to pay bills. Food, Utilities, housing....that is your priorities. Now I know there are a lot out there now a days that think free money to pay for MT. Dew and internet and cell phones is a right....but for those of us out there that know how to budget and be responsible.....

Sorry..long rant. What I was getting at.... I get layed off... I turn off my internet... now my xbox one is a brick for my games??

The Lawless One
05-29-2013, 02:00 PM

you say that like xbox live accounts dont get hacked, lmao, you obviously dont know jack because i know a few people who have gotten their xbl accounts hacked, nothing is hacker free.

Crisco
05-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Someone else mentioned this as well. Stuff happens in life... What happens if I get layed off from work... a responsible person budgets...and internet is not a necessity when you are trying to pay bills. Food, Utilities, housing....that is your priorities. Now I know there are a lot out there now a days that think free money to pay for MT. Dew and internet and cell phones is a right....but for those of us out there that know how to budget and be responsible.....

Sorry..long rant. What I was getting at.... I get layed off... I turn off my internet... now my xbox one is a brick for my games??

Yeah a lot of people have been wondering about that. Even if your internet just goes down for a few days it could essentially brick your console until it's back up.

duction
05-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah a lot of people have been wondering about that. Even if your internet just goes down for a few days it could essentially brick your console until it's back up.

ITS NOT MICROSOFT THAT REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A INTERNET CONNECTION ITS THE GAMES CREATOR THAT DECIDES THAT!

omg you people read ******** on face book or the likes a belive it.

Giotto
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I going to buy a ps4, Its already pre ordered. No chance im buying an XB1.

Dirasyajx
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Why would anyone do this ? The system isn't even out or playable yet. nothing to boycott here people move along.

MegaJohn
05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm all in one the XboxOne. It's far from perfect, but things aren't as bad as all the conspiracy theorists make it out to be. MS even came out a few days ago and said that there is no fee for used games, the online checks are solely because each game installs to the HD, and yes believe it or not it would be foolish for them not to protect themselves in that regard. Don't know any company that would just allow for their consumers to buy a game, install it, and then trade it while keeping full access to the game they no longer own. Also about the Mirrors Edge 2 comment, I think that is coming out on the Wii U also, or is that another series that I'm confusing it for?

MegaJohn
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
you say that like xbox live accounts dont get hacked, lmao, you obviously dont know jack because i know a few people who have gotten their xbl accounts hacked, nothing is hacker free.

I'm willing to bet those ppl with hacked accounts willingly gave their info away in the hops of getting free MSP. That's usually how the scenario plays out.

Anderson
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Anyone who has already pre-ordered either console at this point is pretty damn ballsy. Or bad with money anyway.

DOOM996
05-29-2013, 04:04 PM
I pre-order sh!t! I will wait till both are out and decide later. Would be a shame to switch again to Sony cause i only know one or two friends who will probably get it instead of a Xbox1.

Tango80
05-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Tell me which one is the bigger Evil Empire.
The I'll go with the lesser of the two.

Giotto
05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Why would anyone do this ? The system isn't even out or playable yet. nothing to boycott here people move along.

Because since 360 first released. Ive had 2 consoles RRoD and both times i got refurbished ones back. Also ive had A disc drive break on a brand new slim. Got a refurb back. Scratches and all.

I would rather buy an N64 than another microsoft console.

born2beagator
05-29-2013, 05:20 PM
This is essentially a console war on this thread. Surprised its allowed

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM

I say PS4 all the way!

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
This is essentially a console war on this thread. Surprised its allowed

Because their not bagging Trion.

EL1TE
05-29-2013, 05:47 PM

[To fanboys I really do love the xbox & xbox 360 so please no burn] Serious. so we should say no to Xbox one? The 360 is old, and U want to wait more years for a better Xbox. :P U can skip the Xbox one and wait another 8 years or so for the Xbox super special 2.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Serious. so we should say no to Xbox one? The 360 is old, and U want to wait more years for a better Xbox. :P U can skip the Xbox one and wait another 8 years or so for the Xbox super special 2.

I'm not getting it because i believe it shows us how money grabbing micro$oft is. Australia won't be getting many of the features their trying to sell to us. PS4 on the other hand....come to papa Sony.

EL1TE
05-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm not getting it because i believe it shows us how money grabbing micro$oft is. Australia won't be getting many of the features their trying to sell to us. PS4 on the other hand....come to papa Sony. the same thing people see this for the Sony console. Like me I don't trust Sony anymore. Mostly cause of lacking of thing that the 360 already has and the biggest reason that Sony lost my account where I spend a good amount of money on. And all they did say was. Sorry we can't help U. Not that the ps4 is going to be bad. Xbox one and ps4 will be awesome and have first weeks flaws. But my biggest finger goes to Sony. Im still kinda mad for my account.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
the same thing people see this for the Sony console. Like me I don't trust Sony anymore. Mostly cause of lacking of thing that the 360 already has and the biggest reason that Sony lost my account where I spend a good amount of money on. And all they did say was. Sorry we can't help U. Not that the ps4 is going to be bad. Xbox one and ps4 will be awesome and have first weeks flaws. But my biggest finger goes to Sony. Im still kinda mad for my account.

and Micro$oft will charge us twice for used games.....it's choosing the lesser evil here and so far Sony's looking pretty good.

Silver shot
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Meh im still gona get the new xbox i don't care much for sony

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Meh im still gona get the new xbox i don't care much for sony

feel sorry for your wallet. but hey Micro$oft don't care about their gamers only $$$

Silver shot
05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Didn't say i was gona get it day one did i? i'll get it eventually but only when its cheaper so my wallet will be fine ty

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Didn't say i was gona get it day one did i? i'll get it eventually but only when its cheaper so my wallet will be fine ty

unless you get pre-owned games. they charge you twice for that. also better have really good internet.

Firetalion
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
So you don't like something. Place your vote and don't buy it if you want to, but trolling against it isn't going to work for your cause...

Human nature is to automatically get defensive. =0)

(And unless you created a better system...)

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:28 PM
i ain't trolling. i'm just voicing the info many gaming media outlets have received. i didn't know saying what i feel and what info i have counts as trolling. -100 faith in humanity.

Firetalion
05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
"I hate something that doesn't even exist yet, and we have very few solid facts about!"

Okay, you weren't trolling. Hating. You were hating. Like a troll, full of hate. And I didn't single you out, did I?

Ever heard the expression, "me thinks the lady doth protest too much"?

It enters my mind constantly on this forum.

Feel free to blast me with a response that justifies your hate. I dare ya. =oD

Silver shot
05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
I do have a good internet connection and i mainly just pre order my games and only if im sure i will like them

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
"I hate something that doesn't even exist yet, and we have very few solid facts about!"

Okay, you weren't trolling. Hating. You were hating. Like a troll, full of hate. And I didn't single you out, did I?

oh yes hating on a console that has been revealed and unlike the PS4 we've seen it. Have you even heard any news around it? Microsoft is charging you a FEE for pre-owned games? now i get a few of those so it's a slap in the face to me. also Australia won't get the big Functions that the Xbox1 is using as it's selling point. so sorry if i feel angry with money grabbing business men.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:35 PM
I do have a good internet connection and i mainly just pre order my games and only if im sure i will like them

most of my gems are pre-owned like R.U.S.E and Civilisation Revolution. Microsoft will charge me to play pre-owned games. not fair.

Firetalion
05-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Here's something to hate. I like Microsoft. I built a very lucrative career around their international business machine model. I know they know what they're doing, and they're a much bigger fish than Sony, and Nintendo. They make solid products, that are serious and not silly. You can call me a fanboy, but I like solid products, and if they put out a product I don't like, I won't buy it and use it.

But I trust them, and I am using multiple products designed by Microsoft in my everyday life right now, and I enjoy it and prefer it.

Each to their own, but they have intentionally not nailed down their specs yet. It isn't set in stone, and even if it is, it does look better than the competition, to me at least.

If you really hated microsoft, you wouldn't be using their products now, you'd find alternatives and then you wouldn't yell at their company and try to drag it down. You would be satisfied, and wouldn't need to complain.

EDIT: OMG about the preowned games. Didn't you get the memo? The game resellers would have to pay extra for used games, not you. When you sell a game to Gamestop, that game disc would be officially removed from every other account that it was installed to. Gamestop would pay a fee to Microsoft to 'refresh' it on the cloud. You wouldn't have to pay a penny extra. It is to keep piracy out of the Microsoft waters, so you can't install it to your profile account and then let your friend install it too. That way if you install a game to your own account, you can go anywhere and still play it, because it is a cloud based system, like everything produced now a days. Geeze...

In the long run, this would make games cheaper, because the producers of those gems of yours would still get money every time the game is 'refreshed' on the cloud. So game designers get ripped off less. Get over yourself already!

OmniDevil
05-29-2013, 06:57 PM

Can't agree more. I waited 2+ years to jump to the 360 and a year before jumping to the slim. I'll be waiting 2+ years before jumping to Xbox One. Besides, I'm not too fond of my current 360 games not being backwards compatible. Hundreds of games useless unless I keep the 360 hooked up.

N3gativeCr33p
05-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll be waiting 2+ years before jumping to Xbox One.

Not sure if I will wait 2 years before buying either console, but make no mistake about it... I will NOT be in any kind of a rush to get either one.

MrRotten
05-29-2013, 07:45 PM
@MrRotten

There are a few things wrong with your "myths", mostly it reads as if you are presenting them as facts (whether this was intentional or not).

1 - Kinect is not always on, it will be that way by default but you will be able to change the settings to have it actually off in your privacy settings. There is no "always recording" feature. Microsoft reps have already confirmed this and will elaborate more soon.

2. Season passes aren't going anywhere - you have that confused with "online passes". All a Season Pass does is lump a group of DLC together at a discount price, like the one available for this game (5 pieces of DLC for the price of 4). An "online pass" restricts online play to customers who buy the product new or charge second hand users in order to access the multiplayer portion or some other bonus content (Catwoman in Batman: Arkham Asylum for example). Thus far only EA has confirmed they are doing away with their online passes in future games.

3. You are making a lot of conjecture regarding the used game scenarios based on incomplete information and rumors. Of course that is what the majority of people on the internet are doing at the moment, and Microsoft has commented saying just this same thing. Same goes for the online requirement, lots of rumor and conjecture based on out of context comments and unconfirmed rumors. But then again I guess that was the reason for your post.

But you have the right idea to take a "wait & see" approach to the new consoles. People need to remember SONY also has not addressed any of these issues, merely sidestepped the questions. They said they will leave online requirement up to the developer (not Microsoft as you indicated), they only said the PS4 will support used games but did not elaborate and refused to give details (though they weren't grilled on this like Microsoft was for some reason), and they didn't really have any information about the console itself other than some vague specs which they admitted were yet to be finalized (yet fanboys are clamoring that it is so much more powerful than the One when NO PROCESSOR SPECS HAVE BEEN RELEASED FOR EITHER CONSOLE, other than being an 8-core AMD chip).

My biggest gripe about the One is that it allegedly requires all games to be installed on the hard drive and does not play from the disc. To make matters worse, there is only a 500GB hard drive in the system that is not user serviceable or replaceable. I play a lot of games as well as have a lot of DLC on the 360, I filled my 320GB hard drive up several times and have deleted or moved to flash drives about another 100GB of games and DLC (and recently had to do it again just so I could install the latest patch to this game). I don't feel like shuffling files around between external hard drives/flash drives or deleting content just so I will be able to play a new game. Granted this will not be an issue at launch, but will be several months down the road.

First, no I wasn't trying to present anything as fact, I even thought I prefaced all my comments with the idea that they are assumptions, speculation based on all the info I've read about and seen. I don't think I really came off spouting that all of the things I said was fact... Sorry you took it that way....

#1: As for the Kinect Always being on and the ability to turn that off, I should of mentioned this... Up till now I haven't heard or seen anything that said we could turn it off, PHEW!!!!!!

Logically I had to believe there would be those features, but up till this point and you and another guy pointing this out with supporting articles, I wasn't 100% sure of this.

You have helped to alleviate alot of worry for me, thanks! LOL

#2: Confusion between "Season Passes" and "Online Passes"... On the contrary, depends on the game and what they call it. For example, Madden it's a "Season Pass" to get Online Playability. I get that for Defiance for example, "Season Pass" means access to the DLCs through out the Season. I know there is a difference, and because of the games I used as examples, that would be why I used both of those Terms in conjunction with each other. All in all though, it's clear to me that you understood what I meant.

I would say the reason EA is talking about and confirmed we are doing away with "Season/Online Passes" is because of the idea that Microsoft is going to a Licensing type of Business Model. So then there'll be no reason to do "Season/Online Passes".

Again, purely speculation, no official confirmation of this....

#3: You're right, I'm basing my opinion off the stuff that other people are reading also and immediately trashing Microsoft and starting up BAN XboxONE threads and all that junk. I was merely trying to play Devil's Advocate and take the same information that we know to be out there and put a positive spin on it to quite frankly show that people aren't thinking outside the box, no innovation, no advancement of the Gaming Market. If it's done right, the things that are being speculated about might really not be that bad at all.... That's the big thing I was trying to point out...

I enjoy the fact that also in your post you addressed SONY and the fact that they have infact "SIDE STEPPED" and avoided answering any of the questions that people are crucifying Microsoft on. Call it smart? Maybe, they want to see the outcry people hating on Microsoft and XboxONE before they give their answers.

But I guarantee you this, whatever Business Model when it pertains to Licensing, this is what the Gaming Market is moving towards, they; Sony; will follow suit.

Trashing XboxONE for their stance and telling everyone to boycott it and buy a PS4 might not be the solution.... I say again....

As for your biggest gripe, games being installed on the Hard Drive... I too have a huge problem with this also!!! However; I take solace in the fact that I have a Yearly Game Budget, generally that consists of the same 4 Franchises for the most part every year, and about 4 additional games outside of that plan.

Beyond that, I have less than that and don't require alot of Hard Drive space to install...

However; if I have say 4 Games like Defiance that are Shared Worlds and all the Patches and updates/dlcs and it being required to install to Hard Drive, I can see it being limited and a problem.

/agreed!

I'm with MrRotten for the most part, I'm quite excited about it but a few things are worrying. I've read a few OXM articles about The One which may help. The OXM team are pretty tight.

They have said that while the Kinect is always on, you will have privacy controls - http://www.oxm.co.uk/54819/xbox-one-kinect-wont-be-used-to-spy-on-you-camera-can-be-switched-off/ But I too am quite sceptical about that as this article seems to contradict it a little bit - http://www.oxm.co.uk/54967/legal-expert-xbox-ones-big-brother-approach-to-tv-is-nothing-new/

A few sources, (some of which have been very reliable in the past) are now saying that each game will have a sort of unique code on the disk (I'm not very good with technology) which will include the license. When you sell/trade the game and it is installed on another console they will be able to detect the unique 'license' code on your profile and transfer it to the new owner who has just installed it.

Another source claims that retailers may have to pay the activation fee rather than us consumers. I'm not exactly sure but this article may shed some light on it - http://www.oxm.co.uk/54722/report-microsoft-and-publishers-will-automatically-get-a-cut-of-xbox-one-pre-owned-sales/
I'm guessing that the Pre-owned fiasco and the always online thing probably come from the developers/publishers (Wanting some return on used games and cracking down on piracy) rather than Microsoft but the point still stands. If companies are wanting to implement these features it will almost certainly be on both next gen consoles.
^This. I think we all need to remember this. We don't have all the info yet and I believe we'll get some big news and a lot of the answers at E3.

Yea thanks for the info on the Privacy Controls for the Kinect, this was a big ticket concern for me...

Personally I don't like Kinect and wish it wasn't needed at all and I could navigate my Screens/Snap Mode and all the other features using my Controller.... I wish they could have this control customized in to be honest, I'm old school, don't like talking to a piece of equipment, especially if I'm in a voice chat with my family/friends playing games... It just seems awkward to me?? Then again I haven't ever tried it, so who knows, maybe I'll like it... Making hand gestures, I could get used to that, but again, I would rather just sit still and play my games and navigate my UI. LOL I'm boring!

As for Licensing, mostly I was pointing out a bunch of speculative ways they could do this business model that it could work... I really have no idea how it's going to be done, and I don't think there's any real OFFICIAL info about it yet too...

and Micro$oft will charge us twice for used games.....it's choosing the lesser evil here and so far Sony's looking pretty good.

Sony should be paying you... wait? Maybe they are!?

Cuz seriously, beyond this post, all you have done is trash Microsoft and sing Sony's praises....

Zero fact, zero constructive criticism... You really sound like you're biased and have an agenda....

But I chose this reply of yours to reply back...

It's already speculated that whatever Microsoft does with it's Licensing business model, Sony will probably follow suit.

But also.... Lets just humor your statement here.

Doesn't that seem pretty stupid to you if you are Microsoft and are going to charge the SAME PRICE or More for a Digital Copy of the Game when instead you can just go buy the game New and have your own disk?

If it's even just $10 cheaper, it's still better to pony up the extra $10 to buy a New Copy of the game and have your own disk, you know... Kinda how it is now!

If I want to play an Online Required/Online Enabled Game, all the people I want to play that game with has to have their own Copy and Disk. This licensing idea would mean it would be less money when compared to buying 2 copies of the game for you and a buddy.

So to put it mildly, your logic is off.... I would say the reason for this is your blind hatred for Microsoft; as if they stole your lunch money and gave you a wedgie at the playground or something.

Crisco
05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I'm not fan of Kinect neither but I'm willing to give it a chance to impress me and a lot of things are just speculation at the moment. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sledgehammer70
05-30-2013, 11:52 AM
We do not allow threads like these on the forums. It is basically a petition thread.

Closed.