PDA

View Full Version : How to kill a Cerberus efficiently:

Sdric
05-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Equip a Derailer-Sniper Rifle.
Equip the perk with 40% extra damage to vehicles next to Blur.
Hit the Cerberus twice.

Derailers are extremely underrated.

E/:
This is a short how-to after I got called a hacker several times for wrecking a Cerberus within .8 seconds.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Equip a Derailer-Sniper Rifle.
Equip the perk with 40% extra damage to vehicles next to Blur.
Hit the Cerberus twice.

Derailers are extremely underrated.

They are. My buddy figured this out early on. There is endless amounts of joy to be had whatching peoples vehicles blow up under them knowing full well that you are the reason for this. :p

FantasyMeister
05-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Meh. (I'm currently trying to get my Cerberus to level 20).

The other way to stop a Cerberus dead in its tracks is to headshot the driver. This happens to me a lot, so I'm going to counter it from now on by driving in zig-zags.

Sdric
05-26-2013, 12:03 PM
They are. My buddy figured this out early on. There is endless amounts of joy to be had whatching peoples vehicles blow up under them knowing full well that you are the reason for this. :p

I also figured it out early, didn't want to share it for the sake of leveling my own Cerberus :P
However I'm getting sick of being called a hacker, lol.

myboyblue
05-26-2013, 12:07 PM
haha yea there is always snipers camping the roads on either side of the frieght yard tracks just tearing up every cerberus that came down the road. I watched a tag team of snipers just keep killing the enemy cerberus every time it tries to come into the B flag. Quite funny. I equipped my air burst rocket and was glad to be the clean up man after they popped the truck.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 12:07 PM
I also figured it out early, didn't want to share it for the sake of leveling my own Cerberus :P
However I'm getting sick of being called a hacker, lol.

Oh Christ. Talk to ItISLupus about that. He's the buddy I was referring to. xD

I have yet to try it. I got tired of hording that EGO 1600 Derailer. I shouldnt have broken it down. lol.

Era
05-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I actually found a nice sniper's nest on freight yard for eliminating cerberi with a SAW at an angle they don't predict and can't retaliate from. If they try to get to the western capture point they die every time and then I get 2-3 kills depending on how many defenders show up to help mop up. Also gives me a nice view of about 1/5th the map and plenty of cover to hide in. I'm surprised nobody else ever thinks to use the spot but it's beneath the walkway linking the western and central portions of the map. Throw on the rarely useful crouch and not moving damage reduction perks and you can dish out a lot of punishment while taking a lot.

Agonist
05-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Been having a blast with a detonator in the freight yard. Lay down a couple of rounds near the edge of a ramp ... wait for an unsuspecting rider and blow it. It is by no means an efficient way of getting kills but the hilarity of watching them launch from explosion/ramp.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 12:31 PM
I actually found a nice sniper's nest on freight yard for eliminating cerberi with a SAW at an angle they don't predict and can't retaliate from. If they try to get to the western capture point they die every time and then I get 2-3 kills depending on how many defenders show up to help mop up. Also gives me a nice view of about 1/5th the map and plenty of cover to hide in. I'm surprised nobody else ever thinks to use the spot but it's beneath the walkway linking the western and central portions of the map. Throw on the rarely useful crouch and not moving damage reduction perks and you can dish out a lot of punishment while taking a lot.

Can yu PM me a screenie of the spot you're referring to? I'm having trouble visualizing where you're referring to. =\

Been having a blast with a detonator in the freight yard. Lay down a couple of rounds near the edge of a ramp ... wait for an unsuspecting rider and blow it. It is by no means an efficient way of getting kills but the hilarity of watching them launch from explosion/ramp.

I've been meaning to try this. Friend of mine does this but he does the Jihad Jeep method from Battlefield 3. Have have rarely laughed that hard at something not bug-related. xD