PDA

View Full Version : wana make sure my petty complaint has merit

dude26212
05-26-2013, 01:09 PM
ok i just completed the sausalito trek pursuit and unlocked the EMC trooper outfit. now i was under the impression that the EMC disbanded before the formation of E-REP, now why dose my EMC cap say E-REP on the side?

IAMREALITY
05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
ok i just completed the sausalito trek pursuit and unlocked the EMC trooper outfit. now i was under the impression that the EMC disbanded before the formation of E-REP, now why dose my EMC cap say E-REP on the side?

No merit, and petty is WAY too kind a word...

dude26212
05-26-2013, 01:14 PM
im the kind of person that is annoyed by lil things that dont make sense in the game world now unless theres been mention that the EMC was the military branch of E-REP during the war what i pointed out dosent makes sense in the world of the game

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Good question, since EMC stands for Earth Millitary Coalition, which was composed by the earths gov 14 years BEFORE the arks fell. E-REP looks like it stands for Earth Republic, which I assumed was the military power that took over after the EMC basically collapsed. Maybe the EMC underwent a name chance to "bury the past", so to speak.

Kiserai
05-26-2013, 01:25 PM
No merit, and petty is WAY too kind a word... Actually, if this is something that's objectively wrong rather than just someone's opinion, it has more merit than half of the topics that get posted here.

crasher
05-26-2013, 03:26 PM
If you had correctly used the word 'Dose', I might have an opinion.

As it is, I can't even speculate.

dude26212
05-26-2013, 04:09 PM
my problem is when ever i put does i see the plural of doe so my mind is like thats wrong and switches the e and the s

Omnifarious Xji
05-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Oh God... I read that, and after thinking about it, now I've forgotten how to spell "dose." Literally, total brain block at the moment... Er, no wait, now I remember. "does"

Yunlaw
05-26-2013, 04:21 PM
This is easily explained. There was a pencil pusher who was the EMC Representative for some meaningless political committee. He wanted a cool Hat that said E-Rep, but accidentally ordered 1 million hats instead one 1 hat. So not wanting them to go to waste, they issued them to any soldier that needed a hat.

That being said, they have some medication you can take for your OCD as well... Happy hunting.

Icariusfallen
05-26-2013, 04:33 PM
This is easily explained. There was a pencil pusher who was the EMC Representative for some meaningless political committee. He wanted a cool Hat that said E-Rep, but accidentally ordered 1 million hats instead one 1 hat. So not wanting them to go to waste, they issued them to any soldier that needed a hat.

That being said, they have some medication you can take for your OCD as well... Happy hunting.

Or you could be logical, and simply assume that it's a re-purposed EMC trooper uniform, and the cap is simply an E-rep cap, not part of the standard uniform.

Lord Blackthorn
05-26-2013, 04:35 PM

EMC isnt really disbanded, they just are not part of E-Rep.
And the remaining EMC may be scavenging parts from E-Rep... so its just reused equipment

crasher
05-26-2013, 05:24 PM
my problem is when ever i put does i see the plural of doe so my mind is like thats wrong and switches the e and the s
I apologize if I seemed to be a jerk.
I frequently AM, but this time I was attempting humor.

dude26212
05-26-2013, 05:27 PM
its cool its just one of the few words that actually get to me for some reason (im sure if u look thru any of my other post u can see just how well i did in english class lol)

blarkk
05-26-2013, 06:49 PM

Maybe he did dose his EMC cap. If it works like half the game I'll bet its a suppository.