PDA

View Full Version : how dose range affect sniper rifles?

dude26212
05-26-2013, 02:05 PM
reason i ask is i bought a VBI sniper rifle with the stalker synergy cause i thought hey more range, sniper rifle perfect fit right but then i thought of enemies that are too far and figured if they are too far for my sniper rifle i proably cant see them. have i messed up in buyin this thing?

Natjur
05-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Currently the game has a very limited 'draw' range, so even tho you COULD kill the mob with your sniper gun from 100+ metres away, the game will only draw the mobs up to 60 metres away (and Players even shorter in PVP)

Tango80
05-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Yes and No.

Yes because the draw range (at least on consoles) is only 80m to 100m. Which means you will only see the enemies if they are 80m to 100m away from you. And sniper rifles don't have a drop off damage from what i have seen between those distances. which means that damage doesn't decrease past 80m but since you can't see the enemy past 100m there isn't a point to have it yet.

No because if they increase the draw distance it will be useful. The drop off damage will come in at further distance than closer. I.e. The damage starts to drop off at say 200m instead of 150m.

Arsenic_Touch
05-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Stalker synergy is wasted on a sniper rifle.

There are a lot of synergies that make no sense on certain weapons, it's just the luck of Trion's RNG grind.

crasher
05-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Currently the game has a very limited 'draw' range, so even tho you COULD kill the mob with your sniper gun from 100+ metres away, the game will only draw the mobs up to 60 metres away (and Players even shorter in PVP)

One thing that bugs me is the draw range prob that shows the target's tracer rounds exiting the muzzle, or the red laser devices they use, while the target itself is not visible and shooting at the source isn't productive.

One of my personal favorites is melee synergy on a sniper weapon.
If you're reduced to using that synergy, you need to stop sniping.

:)