PDA

View Full Version : Will Defiance have an XboxOne port?

Talsalus
05-26-2013, 05:14 PM
This game is an MMO, so they will continue to add content over time. Since the XB1 doesn't support 360 playback, what is Trion going to do?

I'd hate to invest tons of time into this game and see the community die when XB1 releases.

Anderson
05-26-2013, 05:16 PM
This is a really important question and I'm surprised no one has brought it up already.

Talsalus
05-26-2013, 06:21 PM
This is a really important question and I'm surprised no one has brought it up already.

Yeah I can't find information anywhere. I posted on their FB and twitter as well.

RNM King
05-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah I can't find information anywhere. I posted on their FB and twitter as well.
If you had used the search option you would have found lots of posts, but to answer your question Trion has stated there may be a port

poisd2strike
05-26-2013, 07:20 PM
This game is an MMO, so they will continue to add content over time. Since the XB1 doesn't support 360 playback, what is Trion going to do?

I'd hate to invest tons of time into this game and see the community die when XB1 releases.

Well, the reactions to Xbox One have been mixed to say the very least. Trion's decision to port Defiance to Xbox One will be based upon the outlook for Xbox One (aka potential installed base) and the success of Defiance on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Basically, it comes down to economics. Even if Trion doesn't port to Defiance to Xbox One, MS is trying to get another 75 million (or so) ppl to buy Xbox 360 and plans on supporting Xbox 360 for the next 5 years. Sony is doing the same with PS3. Gran Turismo 6 is being released for PS3. Depending upon the success of PS4, Polyphony Digital may port GT6 to the PS4. Once again, installed base and economics will decide...

Talsalus
05-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Well, the reactions to Xbox One have been mixed to say the very least. Trion's decision to port Defiance to Xbox One will be based upon the outlook for Xbox One (aka potential installed base) and the success of Defiance on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Basically, it comes down to economics. Even if Trion doesn't port to Defiance to Xbox One, MS is trying to get another 75 million (or so) ppl to buy Xbox 360 and plans on supporting Xbox 360 for the next 5 years. Sony is doing the same with PS3. Gran Turismo 6 is being released for PS3. Depending upon the success of PS4, Polyphony Digital may port GT6 to the PS4. Once again, installed base and economics will decide...

Yes, but eventually the XB1 will take over completely. The system houses better hardware so it would be nice to see better graphics on the XB1 version. I think it would be a death sentence for the XB version of this game if they do not port it. Hopefully an announcement will come soon. I also believe that the next gen consoles will take over quicker than you're thinking, since the last console was released over 8 years ago.

poisd2strike
05-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Yes, but eventually the XB1 will take over completely. The system houses better hardware so it would be nice to see better graphics on the XB1 version. I think it would be a death sentence for the XB version of this game if they do not port it. Hopefully an announcement will come soon. I also believe that the next gen consoles will take over quicker than you're thinking, since the last console was released over 8 years ago.

I know several ppl on my Xbox Friends list who, if given a choice now to choose between Xbox One and PS4 would choose PS4. There are several potential issues for Xbox One including no backwards compatability and (more importantly) no plans for it. Sony plans on offering some sort of backwards compatability, thru their Cloud Service. Also, used games will be an issue since all new games will come with an activation code, require HDD install and the activation code will link the game to your Xbox Live GT. Apparently, the game does not have to be in the Blu-ray player to play. This will save some wear on the Blu-ray player but increase wear on the HDD. Microsoft will also have a Cloud Service (Azure), but at this point it will allow developers the option of offloading processing to MS Cloud. SO, your Xbox One could process part of a game and MS Azure Cloud could process another part. This would, of course, require an Internet connection (even if the game is a single-player game with no multiplayer component) and the quality of your gaming experience would be directly impacted by several factors including the quality / congestion of your Internet Connection. All in all, I plan on taking a "wait and see" approach. I have and Xbox 360, a PS3 and a Nintendo Wii. So, I have a few gaming options. MS will not abandon Xbox 360 anytime soon, and Sony will not abandon PS3 anytime soon either. Both those systems already have a healthy library of games and fairly large installed user base. MS and Sony may be greedy (to an extent), but they are not stupid.