PDA

View Full Version : Draw distance question.

sey
05-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Okay, so this has happened multiple times for me now in Freight Yard.

I'll be trying to snipe, but I can't see my opponents because they're too far away. That's okay—kinda. I get it. BUT the people that I'm attempting to snipe seem to have no problem seeing me. I'll try to shoot at someone, but they're just out of my vision range, so they're invisible. Yet they return fire and headshot me, even though I'm just as far away.

Is this something to do with my settings that I'm missing? Is it just a freight yard glitch? I have a bonkers graphics card so I shouldn't have a problem with this kind of thing. Is there a way to increase the distance at which I can see enemies? This is incredibly frustrating.

Ensu
05-26-2013, 06:04 PM
There are some sniper scopes that change colour when there's an enemy in your crosshairs. If you take into account things like tracer rounds which originate between shoulder and midriff and can be seen at a greater distance than the players, it can be surprisingly easy to headshot people beyond the draw distance.

METALPUNKS
05-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Love your avatar

crasher
05-26-2013, 07:04 PM
There are some sniper scopes that change colour when there's an enemy in your crosshairs. If you take into account things like tracer rounds which originate between shoulder and midriff and can be seen at a greater distance than the players, it can be surprisingly easy to headshot people beyond the draw distance.

I agree with the above, but the results are weird. I think the computer is playing fast/loose with the physics.
It looks less possible when shooting at NPCs than peoples.
I suspect the 'puter is protecting it's own. The house never loses a tie.