PDA

View Full Version : Does Defiance have any Easter Eggs or secret areas?

Larry Tanng
05-26-2013, 06:04 PM
You know, like how Halo has Easter Eggs?

diggergig
05-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Mum, if you look closely at the beer branding, you will notice it is called 'Defiance.'

Also, there's a soldier at the underpass eating nachos. Trade with him and he gives you some Mountain Dew and Doreetoes. Don't look in his eyes, though. His eyes are dead.

Jesus, autocorrect! How many ******** times do I need to put 'him' in your ************ dictionary?

'Hum', you piece of ************ ****, it's a real *********** word for Christ's sake!

Slackaveli
05-26-2013, 06:12 PM
ask Obnautikus

TimeViewer
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Now I have the image of a hellbug with bunny ears in my head....

Blade of Souls
05-26-2013, 06:26 PM
There's a E-Rep guy eating a candy bar like "Macho Man" Randy Savage snapping into a SlimJim.

hagndaz
05-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I hear there's a secret area where the game works and is glitch free. These rumors are yet to be confirmed.

Larry Tanng
05-26-2013, 06:32 PM
I hear there's a secret area where the game works and is glitch free. These rumors are yet to be confirmed.
Oh, I found that one, and it wasn't the game, it was the advertising. For real though, the game only works when I get Oranges. I've never had or seen an Orange. :(

blarkk
05-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Other than the hidden vendors, not really.

Escyos
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
I like listening to things the NPC's say three at Happy Pow say a few interesting things:
"I heard there's trouble in old St. Louis."
"That Soleptor fellas as honest as he is tall."
"Got the entire first season of Humalien on Data Recorder. I think I can trade it for some avocados."
"I think Cass likes me. She keeps inviting me down to The Crater and letting me buy her drinks."
"Wonder what it's like out in Defiance."

and an E-Rep soldier:
"President Miles is a fool for authorizing this bull**** expedition."

Opus
05-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, definitely stop and listen to the E-Rep soldiers from time to time.

The one that sticks in my head the most is the: 'It was just one Irath b---h. It doesn't make me an alien lover.' Or something to that extent. :D

And the only closed off area I know about is Fort Defiance. I've been there (broken in) three times now. But it's not really an Easter Egg so much as a glitch. There's little areas all over the map you can slip past the yellow boundaries. Unfortunately, there's really nothing to see on the other side.

M1A2 Punisher
05-26-2013, 07:48 PM
At the crossroads to the left of the wreck there are two sometimes three squirrels sorta playing around

Maitreakow
05-26-2013, 08:08 PM
You can "climb" to the top of the pyramid in San Fran. You have to start at one of the legs along the side at the bottom. Go along it and you will see a prompt pop up. :cool:

Opus
05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
At the crossroads to the left of the wreck there are two sometimes three squirrels sorta playing around

Which wreck? The stratocarrier? Or the wreck out by the coast, not too far from Top Notch? I've seen them before in game, but could never remember where.

ETA: A screen cap a friend took with me inside Fort Defiance:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-LJSGQUT2INU/UaLXkkRzBII/AAAAAAAAIAw/i5xQCnpNGrI/s800/Ft.Defiance2.jpg

Escyos
05-27-2013, 01:01 AM
I would like to know where the deer is, i checked all bodies of water in Mount Tam and found nothing. Also where are the rabbits?

Joe Ashrust
05-27-2013, 02:43 AM
You can "climb" to the top of the pyramid in San Fran. You have to start at one of the legs along the side at the bottom. Go along it and you will see a prompt pop up. :cool:

You don't really get to the top but it is a cool view, and you can of course jump down to the building across the street.

Not much you can do there though.

v1bes81
05-27-2013, 03:34 AM
Mutant cleaver sometimes shouts "hey you guys" the goonies?

COLD
05-27-2013, 03:43 AM
i was jumping around and i find some digit square those thing you need a phone to reveal what it is
my phone is to old for that sorry

Escyos
05-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Mutant cleaver sometimes shouts "hey you guys" the goonies?

No they don't, they shout "Now you die!"

v1bes81
05-27-2013, 03:49 AM
haha maybe I should get my ears checked!

Dracontius
05-27-2013, 03:59 AM
i was jumping around and i find some digit square those thing you need a phone to reveal what it is
my phone is to old for that sorry

Scanned it with my app. Nothing. Brought it up to Sledgehammer and a dev. Random and has no meaning... yet.

fmarin83
05-27-2013, 04:07 AM
Yeah, definitely stop and listen to the E-Rep soldiers from time to time.

The one that sticks in my head the most is the: 'It was just one Irath b---h. It doesn't make me an alien lover.' Or something to that extent. :D

And the only closed off area I know about is Fort Defiance. I've been there (broken in) three times now. But it's not really an Easter Egg so much as a glitch. There's little areas all over the map you can slip past the yellow boundaries. Unfortunately, there's really nothing to see on the other side.

for now...

oo629
05-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aaoXamiAic

M1A2 Punisher
05-27-2013, 10:53 AM
It's on the coastal road south of shondu's consulate. U have the past the vender which is the paradise territory. It's a wrecked truck from one of the main or side missions. And if ur faccing the front of the truck from the road. to the left of it they're two sometimes three squirrels in the grass. And you can kill them like the POWs they come up as enemies

doublej45
05-27-2013, 10:59 AM
No they don't, they shout "Now you die!"

They will say both. "Hey you guys!" just isn't as often. I've only heard it a few times myself, but it is there.

Assasino
05-27-2013, 11:02 AM
don't they also say something like your pissing me off

doublej45
05-27-2013, 11:40 AM
don't they also say something like your pissing me off

Yes they do

Opus
05-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Also, just noticed tonight. In San Quentin, there's a seagull that sits on a box as you're doing a mission. And yeah, you can shoot it. Kinda hardy too, since it took 4 or 5 shots from my SMG before it died.

M1A2 Punisher
05-27-2013, 07:35 PM
I saw the seagulls today when I was helping my friend with a mission there

thejx4
05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
ask Obnautikus

Detonator/Immunizer fanatic