PDA

View Full Version : Nim Shondu being helpful

melkathi
05-26-2013, 08:33 PM
I had my first run in with Nim Shondu tonight.
As we were talking he turned to me and said:
"Hit CTRL to bring up the quick menu..."
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2897/defiance201305270324584.jpg

... it changed the atmosphere of the cutscene quite a bit ;)

IntenseSpirit
05-26-2013, 08:37 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2897/defiance201305270324584.jpg

Made my day haha.

Seriously though I am over 3600 EGO, the tutorial messages should be gone by now.

DaFriginPope
05-26-2013, 08:47 PM
look he even has a few guys to do the coop with u

Spruence
05-26-2013, 08:53 PM
yes, I can see how that would detract from the scene.

DaMaJaDiZ
05-26-2013, 09:22 PM
That Nim Shondu is a stand up kind of guy. He's getting a bad rap for sure.

Wtflag
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
OP has pretty fast reflexes to capture that. Good one.

Wraieth
05-26-2013, 09:44 PM
lol next thing we know ole nim will be trying to sell us a used challenger and some bits for lockboxes. lol

DaMaJaDiZ
05-26-2013, 09:51 PM
lol next thing we know ole nim will be trying to sell us a used challenger and some bits for lockboxes. lol

That wouldn't be helpful at all. This is Nice guy Nim. He'd put vending machines on your map and open up a slot on your weapon of choice for free.

Wraieth
05-26-2013, 09:53 PM
That wouldn't be helpful at all. This is Nice guy Nim. He'd put vending machines on your map and open up a slot on your weapon of choice for free.

Well maybe with all those implants and upgrades he can finaly show us how to mute ego. Theres times i just want to slap my self to make that broad shut up. lol

DaMaJaDiZ
05-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Well maybe with all those implants and upgrades he can finaly show us how to mute ego. Theres times i just want to slap my self to make that broad shut up. lol

Can we get some Nice guy Nim images going yet, or is it too early?

melkathi
05-27-2013, 12:17 AM
OP has pretty fast reflexes to capture that. Good one.

I wish :) Those messages seem to last forever. And that was the second one during the cutscene. This message usually follows the one that asks you whether you have tried out co-op or competitive multiplayer. Sadly I didn't get a screenshot of von Bach asking Nim if he plays co-op.

It was the fist time I met Nim, but judging from his actions at the meeting, I do believe him to be all in favour of shutting NPCs up ;)

Can we get some Nice guy Nim images going yet, or is it too early?

If you can come up with good captions. I never can - luckily enough Nim is such a nice guy, he made the game put the caption in by itself, saving me the trouble ;)

Gratty
05-27-2013, 12:24 AM
This whole thread made me lol. I like it.

Kard
05-27-2013, 12:55 AM
"Incaps you twice on stage 3."

"Revives you."

DerHerbman
05-27-2013, 01:04 AM
Sorry wrong thread.

Shadestryke
05-27-2013, 01:34 AM

I think that's highly unlikely. I always wondered what had happened to turn Nim into the person we see in the end scene, but now I know. You're ready to slap yourself to shut her up after only a few months? Imagine putting up with EGO for as long as he has. You'd be ready to watch the world burn to get some peace too! :D

melkathi
05-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I think that's highly unlikely. I always wondered what had happened to turn Nim into the person we see in the end scene, but now I know. You're ready to slap yourself to shut her up after only a few months? Imagine putting up with EGO for as long as he has. You'd be ready to watch the world burn to get some peace too! :D

I don't find EGO that annoying really. Though it would worry me to have her in my head when I go to the bathroom...
I doubt burning the world would help Nim. He'd just be stuck with ther without having a world anymore to offer distractions.
Maybe together Nim and the player can come up witha viable solution, but until then: do as Nim asked you to, hit CTRL and queue for co-op - the Dark MAtter are desperately LFG to finish their pursuits ;)