PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy an electric nano SAW?

Darkane
05-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Been searching for one of these for a while now.

Anyone know where I can buy one please?

crasher
05-27-2013, 02:13 AM
I asked the same question two weeks ago.
Since then, I bought one from one of the 3 'hermit' type vendors, and got 3 more as battlefield pick-ups from warriors. 2 whites and a green. I'm at E2K, so they were in my E1.6K to E1.8K phase.

Since then I've gotten a few white syphon SAWs the same way. I got one tonite near BloodBath Gorge, or whatever, in an A-fall.

Darkane
05-27-2013, 03:34 AM
Thanks for that. :D

I really love the saw and the electric effect seems the best one so far.

Cheers, will check those out later.

v1bes81
05-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Ive had around 6 saws (Im sure my blue electric saw was from here) from the hidden vendor in crystal lake on special (always blue), only place ive seen saws on special offer.

Failing that if your xbox EU I can sell you my blue one for the right offer

Arsenic_Touch
05-27-2013, 03:44 AM
The vendor at port stinson sells saws, could've sworn I've seen an electric nano on them at one point, between 1k and 2k ego. Unfortunately that vendor is not in the game at the moment.

Dazz
05-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Port Stinson vendor is gone.

4ndreas
05-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Imo the Siphon SAW is the best for sustain in single player inst... ahem, Co-op maps and Arkfalls.

crasher
05-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for that. :D

I really love the saw and the electric effect seems the best one so far.

Cheers, will check those out later.

The electric shotgun and/or a E-nade are fun, too, but I'm thinking that the fire-nano SAW tends to be more damaging more often. But I rely on my syphon to keep me pumped when I get ganged up on in a tight spot fighting one thing when raiders blind-side me. It's too easy to evaporate before you realize you've been jumped by a raider mob with 12K HP each.

The thing that disappointed me most about the E-SAW and E in general is that it isn't particularly effective against scrappers.

The thing that surprised me the most is that Immunizers ARE effective against scrappers.

AddictedNoob
05-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Are you talking about where if you kill them they degenerate?

crasher
05-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Are you talking about where if you kill them they degenerate?

Who are you responding to?
I'm not understanding which statement you're referring to.

AddictedNoob
05-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Who are you responding to?
I'm not understanding which statement you're referring to.

I am trying to figure out if this thread is asking where to get the SAW with the mod on it that makes them disintegrate it wasn't a post asking someone in specific.

Opus
05-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Syphon makes them disintegrate. Electric stuns them and they go all convulsive for a few seconds. Toxic/green goo makes them sizzle and the bio makes them slow down and gives them 'poop shoes.'

I've only found a few SAWs that were dropped. The rest were bought as vendor specials. Usually, if I find one at a vendor, I'll then hit all the vendors right then, because I can usually find another one. I've always found them in batches. Like I won't buy just one SAW in a weekend, but rather, 4 or 5 from vendor runs. The I won't see another for a week.

Yokai
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
I just bought an electric FRC SAW from the normal Top Notch vendor, on special. Was a blue with extra fire rate and Veteran (2) synergy, IIRC.

As you pass roughly 960 ego, you'll start seeing a LOT of nano weapons. I quickly collected one of every nano effect on a good SAW. (and many other weapons). Before 960, good nanos were rare, especially on SAWs.

crasher
05-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I just bought an electric FRC SAW from the normal Top Notch vendor, on special. Was a blue with extra fire rate and Veteran (2) synergy, IIRC.

As you pass roughly 960 ego, you'll start seeing a LOT of nano weapons. I quickly collected one of every nano effect on a good SAW. (and many other weapons). Before 960, good nanos were rare, especially on SAWs.

Damn, I either missed it by 20 minutes, or different stuff is randomly available to you/me.

I appreciate the reason to be optimistic, tho. :)

Arsenic_Touch
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Damn, I either missed it by 20 minutes, or different stuff is randomly available to you/me.

I appreciate the reason to be optimistic, tho. :)

Different shards, different deals.

Yokai
05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Different shards, different deals.
Actually, it's unique for each person. My wife games next to me, and we'll both be standing in front of the same vendor and see totally different specials.

crasher
05-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Actually, it's unique for each person. My wife games next to me, and we'll both be standing in front of the same vendor and see totally different specials.

Good to know that the crummy/repetitive deals on stuff I keep salvaging are tailored specifically to me at all the vendors.

:/

Indra Echo
05-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Good to know that the crummy/repetitive deals on stuff I keep salvaging are tailored specifically to me at all the vendors.

:/

The funny thing is in my game it's like whatever weapon I'm using is the one that will be on sale or that I will get from a lockbox-the same type I mean unless it's something I really like like the SAW. I was using a Bolter for a few days and all I kept getting at the vendors was bolt action snipers on sale. And for synergy mods the same crap mods for snipers and melee stuff for shotguns. SMGs, the same darn thing. Infectors, I was using one and voila, on sale at a vendor.

That also tends to happen with rewards.

Darkane
05-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Defiance seems to be the opposite to other games I've played. The vendors have decent items and the drops aren't that good. From what I've seen anyway.

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to pick up a sweet fire nano Frc blue saw that's kicking some arse.

Esphyrian
05-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Port Stinson vendor is gone. Really? They're still here on Xbox NA, and still selling Frontier SAWs.

Assasino
05-30-2013, 04:30 AM
SAWS are good but reload times are horrible. Have any of you found any mods for quicker loading? Most SAWS i have found or purchased were already modded or only had one empty slot

Indra Echo
05-30-2013, 05:04 AM
SAWS are good but reload times are horrible. Have any of you found any mods for quicker loading? Most SAWS i have found or purchased were already modded or only had one empty slot

That's odd. I've never found or bought any weapon yet that was already modded, IIRC. They may have the slots ready or no slots created at all, but mods.

Yokai
05-30-2013, 05:08 AM

The trick to saws is simple. Put 3 points into the Preparedness perk, then equip another saw or bmg in your secondary weapon slot. When your saw empties out, switch to the other weapon. In 11 seconds, your saw will be fully reloaded and ready to use again.

Shtako
05-30-2013, 05:23 AM
Syphon makes them disintegrate. Electric stuns them and they go all convulsive for a few seconds. Toxic/green goo makes them sizzle and the bio makes them slow down and gives them 'poop shoes.'

I've only found a few SAWs that were dropped. The rest were bought as vendor specials. Usually, if I find one at a vendor, I'll then hit all the vendors right then, because I can usually find another one. I've always found them in batches. Like I won't buy just one SAW in a weekend, but rather, 4 or 5 from vendor runs. The I won't see another for a week.

I reset my syphin saw and It turned into an electric saw. I agree syphon is the BEST type =(

Yokai
05-30-2013, 05:38 AM
I reset my syphin saw and It turned into an electric saw. I agree syphon is the BEST type =(

Wait: you used the salvage matrix to reset weapon XP, and it switched the nano type?

Tharcion
05-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Been searching for one of these for a while now.

Anyone know where I can buy one please?

Have you tried the local hardware store?

;)

Malakai
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
I have an orange electric nano SAW... and it's mine mine MINE! Well, unless someone offers me something truly amazing for it.

Assasino
05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
The trick to saws is simple. Put 3 points into the Preparedness perk, then equip another saw or bmg in your secondary weapon slot. When your saw empties out, switch to the other weapon. In 11 seconds, your saw will be fully reloaded and ready to use again.
Thanks for the idea will have to try it.
I was just hoping there would be a Fast reloader 3 or something.
And it is odd but the Saws i had purchased were fully modded.
If i find one i will post up to show

crasher
05-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the idea will have to try it.
I was just hoping there would be a Fast reloader 3 or something.
And it is odd but the Saws i had purchased were fully modded.
If i find one i will post up to show
Just remember that the ammo is gone twice as fast,
I use a autoload shotgun in #2. - Different ammo pool.
You'll find a balance that suits your style and timing.

Opus
05-30-2013, 03:34 PM
I have an orange electric nano SAW... and it's mine mine MINE! Well, unless someone offers me something truly amazing for it.

Really? Reset to something new? I was going to pout about having a green goo (instead of syphon or electric) Orange SAW, but now ... Hmmmm.