PDA

View Full Version : Any particular reason the reduced the mag mods on shotties?

Krymzon
05-27-2013, 02:12 AM
I know I started a thread kinda like this before, but it just seems overly ridiculous to me. What was the problem with them actually giving you extra rounds? With the current lowest being 1.05% you get nothing at all, so..what is the point in them? The only ones that do anything at all now are blues and I can count how many of those I have found on one hand. Another thing I noticed is that my purple tacc shotgun now has a useless bonus of 1.05% mag size.. it doesn't have but 10 round in it to begin with..so..how is this a useful bonus on a purple weapon? I think before it was giving me +5 rounds for mag size and then the mod I had was giving me another 20 percent of the total mag size..so I had a total of like 20 rounds or something..now with the mag bonus and mag size it gets a total of..11 rounds i think...i mean really now...how much more useless does something have to be? It;s one thing to say your math was wrong..but a total other to give use completely useless bonuses on mods and innate weapons bonuses. Sure you might think your math was off, but making them go in line with the AR/SMG/LMG clips made sense, since then you actually GOT a bonus out of it where are 5 percent of 10 or less is completely bogus and useless which is the normal size of a shotgun mag. Seriously how am I supposed to use half a round? You guys who work on the coding should really check on your math skills 'cus they are slacking or whoever thought this was a brilliant idea should learn to do math properly. It's probably even worse on the detonators...which I haven't even looked at yet, but considering you weren't gonna get but so many rounds in one of those anyway, i don't see how reducing the amount in your mods is really doing anything beneficial.

duction
05-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Can't read that for the structure lol.

Will go off the title.. Bc people moaned shotguns were too powerful and had too many in the mag. Next nerf will be infectors.

charondeath
05-27-2013, 02:24 AM
I noticed that before 1.020 that magazine size was calculated oddly, or at least according to the preview of adding a mod.

My grind fragger had 10 mag native. +5 purple bonus, and when i previewed my blue shot pod(1.5) it displayed as 22 mag. However the addition of said mod only brought my total to 20. therefore it was only modifying base mag size, which was fine by me.

I never played PVP so it didn't matter if it was OP to me. However as it is now I don't see any point in using an extended mag on shotguns.

Alot of the math used in this game, especially on weapon stats, seems to be counter intuitive and/or flawed. For example is + or - accuracy what i want on my gun. Item card says green for plus, red for minus, however the general consensus is - is good. Go figure.

crasher
05-27-2013, 09:12 AM
I noticed that before 1.020 that magazine size was calculated oddly, or at least according to the preview of adding a mod.

My grind fragger had 10 mag native. +5 purple bonus, and when i previewed my blue shot pod(1.5) it displayed as 22 mag. However the addition of said mod only brought my total to 20. therefore it was only modifying base mag size, which was fine by me.

I never played PVP so it didn't matter if it was OP to me. However as it is now I don't see any point in using an extended mag on shotguns.

Alot of the math used in this game, especially on weapon stats, seems to be counter intuitive and/or flawed. For example is + or - accuracy what i want on my gun. Item card says green for plus, red for minus, however the general consensus is - is good. Go figure.

I think there appear to be many things, like +/- and weapons math, that were assigned to someone who either did a lot of drugs in hi-skool, or to someone who got dropped a lot as a baby.

Tessien
05-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I think he means they actually reduced the mag mods. My orange TACC combat shotgun had +9 mag bonus and I had a x1.40 mag mod in it. After the patch, my 1.40 mag mod got magically converted into a 1.10 mag mod. Went from 32 rounds to 16 now...needless to say, I never use that gun anymore.

Seriously, PvP needs to have separate weapons from PvE. Shotguns were less powerful than a lot of other weapons in PvE before the nerf, but now they are laughable.

Pyth
05-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Because PvP. Why they're even pushing the joke that is competitive multiplayer in this game is beyond me. But I guess the majority of their income comes from the 5% who play PvP and not the 95% that play PvE.

Chidy1776
05-27-2013, 12:03 PM
I think a big part of it was for pvp balance. But the patch notes said shotguns were getting a higher bonus then they originally intended, im paraphrasing but it was something along those lines.

Takao
05-27-2013, 12:08 PM
My legendary cs-x went from +9 to x1.1, what a slap in the face.

Krymzon
05-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I apologize for my horrid typing and paragraph structuring, I figured people could read without the need on paragraphs especially since the tab key doesn't add a tab indentation when you use it on this. It just seem ridiculous to me however that they would do such a dumb thing mathematically to a mod that was actually useful before. 10 rounds out of a combat shotgun is more than enough to kill someone so 20 rounds isn't really a concern.

My tacc auto shotgun as previously mentioned had a total of 10 rounds plus 5 from bonus making it 15 then a 1.4 clip mod which gave it like 20 rounds or something. the whole thing to me is the 1.05% what good is half of a shotgun shell? Unless used in conjuction with a 1.05 mod which then only gives you one round, which is not much of a mag bonus. It makes an innate bonus useless and makes a clip mod useless.

On a side note most people that were killing me in pvp use sawed offs not normal shotguns which clip mods other than reload of nano effect clip mods are the only ones of use to begin with. Also..somehow I got shot @ 5 times with a nano fragger and the person never went into a reload animation...then after I died they continued shooting this nano fragger and killed my team mate with again no reload animation...