PDA

View Full Version : I bought the game now, is there still time to play?

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Okay hello forum, this is my first post and I would love to ask some questions regarding Defiance, now I bought the game from eBay and it is on its way, but since I have been doing research lately regarding the game and its a love/hate relationship. So since I am extremely OCD i am worrying that when i would get the game, it wont be popular anymore and i would have to play with few people

Now how long do you think the game will last?( please reply how long you think it will)
And is the game doing better than Rift?
Will the game always be pay once type like guild wars?

It would be a great aid helping me so i will stop worrying.

Thanks,
J3R3MY

lordchun
05-27-2013, 06:36 AM
It seems too still be going strong. And you don't need other people to play with anyway. So go have some fun

Misto29
05-27-2013, 06:38 AM
As of now the game is doing fine and to the best of my knowledge it's going to be just one time buy type of deal. And I do know the game will last at least for two years just due to the show having a second season in the making. And it may even last longer or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 06:40 AM
So hopefully since as you said it is still going strong it should last a few months.

Covington
05-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Well it also depends on what server you are on. All of us on consoles might have a harder time in the future (4-5 years) than the PC gang.

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 06:42 AM
I live in the EU and im using a 360

Covington
05-27-2013, 06:43 AM
I live in the EU and im using a 360

With the new XB1 coming out soon and being on a EU server it will be based on the popularity of the show and the game there, both are carrying the other at the moment. Show is more popular, I keep hearing "I like the show I hear it's a game too."

Games are usually good for at least 4 years if it's big enough.

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 06:46 AM
hey with the new Xbox and PS coming out will that make the game bractically a dead game on the 360, since until I decide wether to get a pc or PS or Xbox im sticking to my 360

ironhands
05-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Okay hello forum, this is my first post and I would love to ask some questions regarding Defiance, now I bought the game from eBay and it is on its way, but since I have been doing research lately regarding the game and its a love/hate relationship. So since I am extremely OCD i am worrying that when i would get the game, it wont be popular anymore and i would have to play with few people

Now how long do you think the game will last?( please reply how long you think it will)
And is the game doing better than Rift?
Will the game always be pay once type like guild wars?

It would be a great aid helping me so i will stop worrying.

Thanks,
J3R3MY

Just like any game, the population will be reduced over time. The game will never have a subscription, but, you may wish to purchase DLC packs to get additional content as it is released. Some new content is free, and some will be paid.

Covington
05-27-2013, 06:52 AM
hey with the new Xbox and PS coming out will that make the game bractically a dead game on the 360, since until I decide wether to get a pc or PS or Xbox im sticking to my 360

I don't think Trion is running out to stop us from playing it on the older systems. With the hefty price tag, redesign and coding of the game and lackluster enthusiasm of at least the XB1 I don't think you need to worry about that at all.

I know I won't be running out and getting anything in the next year.

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 06:53 AM
I bought a season pass, will that only last for a year, and if so do the dlc I have stay there forever?

pturner84
05-27-2013, 07:05 AM
join the clan im in and you'll be fine

we have few core members who will always be playing

and alot more who come on in evenings and weekends

we run evening events

http://combconsolidated.com/

ps We are EU server only

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Sure I would love to try join when my games arrives this week, and I live in the EU and I speak perfect English :)

ironhands
05-27-2013, 07:17 AM
I bought a season pass, will that only last for a year, and if so do the dlc I have stay there forever?

season pass unlocks the first 5 DLC released. You will have them as long as the game continues without any additional payments, they will be there "forever"

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 07:22 AM
thanks for all the help

Finish the Fight
05-27-2013, 07:24 AM
It seems too still be going strong. And you don't need other people to play with anyway. So go have some fun

This

I would also add, don't put to much stock in what the forums say. As has been the trend the last few years the forums is filled with self entitled players.

marshy
05-27-2013, 07:28 AM
This

I would also add, don't put to much stock in what the forums say. As has been the trend the last few years the forums is filled with self entitled players.

Or full of number 40s

Finish the Fight
05-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Or full of number 40s

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Ensu
05-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Every major arkfall I've been to so far had 40+ people at the final stage and every minor gathered 10-15+. My coop maps have been popping a maximum of three minutes after I sign up, and that's for specific maps which extends the wait time slightly. In short, plenty of people still around on PC-EU.

It is pay once, like Guild Wars, with new content being paid for like Factions/Nightfall/Eye of the North, although unlike Guild Wars some of the new content will be free to play. We're not sure how that will translate into the game.

I see this game being updated and maintained at least as long as the tv show Defiance, which has been confirmed for a second season and may continue beyond that. I hope both game and show will live long and healthy lives.

I haven't seen recent statistics on Rift/Defiance numbers so I can't answer that, sorry.

Sdric
05-27-2013, 08:06 AM
The most "real issues" have been fixed.
There are a lot of annoying bugs left, but only a few which really hurt the gameplay.
Crybabies tend to exaggerate.

Many people are impatient when it comes to already finished content like sieges and DLC which according to common information are ready to go live, but are hold back due to the TV-tie-ins.

So don't worry, there's a lot more content coming soon - and this "soon" isn't the usual "dev-soon", but it's really just around the corner.

So expact further growth within the next month, especially if the TV-series stays as successfull as it is now.

Don't listen to the Mayas, the world won't end - Defiance already is post-apocalyptic.

MadMoxxiFavGun
05-27-2013, 08:24 AM
i think this game will be good for the next 4-5 years. there was an mmo game call phantasy star universe that came out on the ps2 a month before the ps3 came out. it lasted a solid 5-6 years. shows that new consoles cant kill good mmo's

Tzar of kaos
05-27-2013, 08:43 AM
I think mostly everything has been said so...Welcome. ;) ...And don't forget to read official news and updates to know what's going on...

J3R3MY
05-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Hopefully the game will last longer than season 2 of the show, hey when will season 2 come out, and i am loving the show and i cant wait to play :)

Umbra Warrior
05-27-2013, 11:30 AM
To be honest, I don't think this game will last for more than a year or two. The game's map isn't large enough to encourage exploration, the visual customization options for your character is extremely limited, the PvP is unbalanced and repetitive, PvE get's increasingly difficult in a frustrating way when played solo, the guns don't feel very different from one another and don't scale with level completely negating the loot focus of other MMO's, and the lack of specific classes negates replay value. All in all, unless they do a massive overhaul, the game isn't going to last very much longer.