PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown of Where Your Money Goes *Assumptions Made*

hagndaz
05-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Im bored, so while waiting for this weeks contracts update, Ive decided to theatrically break down where your money is going.

Once again, Ill be making assumptions based on my experiences and some data from the official Defiance webpage. First of all, Im a software engineer with ~5 years experience. Also, I live in South Carolina, where the cost of living is pretty low compared to a lot of the US.

Im considered a midlevel engineer. This is usually determined by either overall experience or related experience in the field you work in. My experience is in industrial software used mostly in the manufacturing industry.

Currently I am making $62500 annually. For those not aware, a salaried position is not hourly. You receive the same amount of pay per pay period regardless of hours worked. If your lucky, some salaried positions offer bonuses for milestones met, and usually include benefits such as paid vacation and health insurance.

My effective hourly wage was ~$30.05. This is based on salary/52(number of weeks in a year) and then divided by 40(average numbers in a week). A 40 hour week was the norm for me, but sometimes I would work 50 - 60 to meet deadlines or fix major bugs.

According to the official Defiance website, the season pass for PC is $39.99. Based on my salary, effective hourly rate, and assuming Trions software positions are salaried, each PC season pass pays for ~1.33 man hours. However, your season pass most likely pays other positions like secretaries and other adminitrative costs.

That's it! My assumed breakdown of where your money goes. This does not factor in bit purchases or the initial cost of the game because you cannot get exact numbers from the official Defience website. Enjoy, flame me, or discuss.

Clarkeh
05-27-2013, 11:54 AM
That wasn't much of a break down though, i would have auto-assumed the monetary amount would go towards staff hours.

Bored Peon
05-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Too Much Info

hagndaz
05-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Im typing on an ipad. I got lazy and realized I was rambling, so I just wrapped it up abruptly.