PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe edition

CozyMilk
05-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Ok so what's with the shield that comes with the Deluxe edition, the VBI Sentinel. You take 3 percent less damage while standing still. What's the point of this?

IAMVILELENT
05-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Ok so what's with the shield that comes with the Deluxe edition, the VBI Sentinel. You take 3 percent less damage while standing still. What's the point of this?

I'm not sure, but I think the point is that you take 3% less damage while standing still. Don't quote me on that though.

Slackaveli
05-27-2013, 06:31 PM
to jack you out of a 180sc extraction fee more often?

CozyMilk
05-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the point is that you take 3% less damage while standing still. Don't quote me on that though.

Yea, no schtako..

AmnesiaHaze
05-27-2013, 06:32 PM
i scraped it , i move all the time so it wasnt for me

IntenseSpirit
05-27-2013, 06:36 PM
The only benefit I saw in it was that you get to start the game with a Respark.

IAMVILELENT
05-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Yea, no schtako..

Thought you where trolling, if your serious about, its good with the other standing still perk, should be a total of 10% less damage if you're just standing there? That's not including thick skinned and rear guard, pushing almost 50%-90% damage reduction when thick skinned pops if you're just standing there and a shotty user blast you in the back. It's designed for snipers/long range users, etc. You don't HAVE to run around bunny hopping like the rest of the community in most cases, and once cloak gets nerfed, along with infectors, you'll see much more use in it. The damage reduction helps alot in PVE since most the enemies just come right towards you, you dont need to jump around really.

Sadly I scrapped mine :(

CozyMilk
05-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh, ok I see, I wasn't aware that there were other items that increase defense while standing still.

EDIT: I mean other *perks* that enhance standing still defense.

otonagamer
05-27-2013, 07:17 PM
There are several EGO perks which give you bonus if you are standing still, like Fortified, Single Minded around Decoy ability. Unless you are building your character around that ability, it's not gonna be much helpful.