PDA

View Full Version : Pirhanaconda, really?

Saluki
05-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Well its Memorial day so of course there is no new episode of Defiance, a show about a bunch of ex military types trying to rebuild their lives.

Instead that Memorial day classic "Pirhanaconda" is on. Seems logical.

R69L
05-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Well its Memorial day so of course there is no new episode of Defiance, a show about a bunch of ex military types trying to rebuild their lives.

This is how TV Shows [Unfortunately are made] usually they take a break in the middle of the season so they can keep up with filming and editing the rest of the shows.

Saluki
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM
LOL TV shows used to do 26 epsiodes a year with no breaks. There also used to be 52 minutes of show for the hour broadcast. Now there is around 42-44 minutes. Less show, less often.

Not because it cant be done, but because as a viewing public the people dont demand better.

crasher
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM

I noticed, and moved on.

Storage Wars would have been a better choice.

This is how TV Shows [Unfortunately are made] usually they take a break in the middle of the season so they can keep up with filming and editing the rest of the shows.

Back in the 'Olde Days' they used to broadcast 36 new episodes/season, and didn't even have enough time during summer reruns to show them all.
THEN they went to 24/26 episodes/year.

Now, we get 12, and the Sopranos takes a 2.5 year break in the middle.

actors, can't beat 'em or tar-n-feather 'em anymore....

DaMaJaDiZ
05-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Who could pass this up?

http://www.vodkaster.com/var/vodkaster/storage/images/media/images/piranhaconda2/26205667-1-fre-FR/Piranhaconda_scaledown_450.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/46/618x347/movies_piranhaconda_still_1.jpg

Plus it's got Michael Madson in it.

Arsenic_Touch
05-27-2013, 09:27 PM

Which has nothing to do with a show that was already filmed and edited.
They skipped memorial day because of ratings, people were generally not going to be at their tvs.
And they aired one of those stupid syfy originals because for some unknown reason people are daft enough to watch them.

KeevanSixx
05-27-2013, 09:37 PM
syfy ran movies? i didn't know.....was too busy watching science channel....

I lost faith in syfy years ago, defiance has brought me back on mondays at least....other than that, it's on to other more interesting channels.

maggie mae
05-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Syfy original shows are awesome!

Where would America be without 'Mega-Shark vs Crocosaurus'

Schwa
05-27-2013, 09:45 PM
It's a holiday weekend. We're going to get **** on Defiance night this week.

Cutlass Jack
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Syfy original shows are awesome!

Where would America be without 'Mega-Shark vs Crocosaurus'

Or Sharktopus!

Islandink
05-28-2013, 12:30 AM
LOL TV shows used to do 26 epsiodes a year with no breaks. There also used to be 52 minutes of show for the hour broadcast. Now there is around 42-44 minutes. Less show, less often.

Not because it cant be done, but because as a viewing public the people don't demand better.
On the contrary, it is because people demand better that TV shows need more time. TVs shows back during the times of "52 minute shows with no breaks" did not have writing, camera work, sound work, and special effects that we have now a days.

All of this requires more labor and thus more time to do. If you want TV shows to run more often with no breaks, then you should not expect the same quality that it is now.

Zabuza
05-28-2013, 12:58 AM
I want to see Pirhanaconda vs Mega Shark vs Crocasaurus vs Sharktopus in the ultimate 4-way free-for-all.

It would be the best american godzilla movie evAr!

Get on it Syfy, on the double!