PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of arbitrary kicking in groups?

Qbit
05-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't know why, but getting kick right at the boss seems to be quickly becoming the norm in random coop matchmaking. It was particularly bad this weekend.

Other than never doing random matchmaking, what's the solution? Keep leaving until you get a coop where you are the leader?

Is there some way to tag people that kick so at least you don't get randomly grouped with them again?

poisd2strike
05-27-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't know why, but getting kick right at the boss seems to be quickly becoming the norm in random coop matchmaking. It was particularly bad this weekend.

Other than never doing random matchmaking, what's the solution? Keep leaving until you get a coop where you are the leader?

Is there some way to tag people that kick so at least you don't get randomly grouped with them again?

Unfortunately, some ppl tend to be a-holes just for the sake of being a-holes. Other than doing co-op with only ppl you know, there isn't much you can do. I haven't tried co-op yet, so I have yet to experience this. It isn't like they can even ninja loot your drops, lol.

Durva360
05-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Usually only kick people that are AFK the entire time or purposely keeping us from fighting the boss. Also anyone trying to glitch a co-op map.

Chump Norris
05-27-2013, 08:49 PM
I havent ran in to this yet....does it go by some kind of vote within the group or can one person just kick you?

Durva360
05-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I havent ran in to this yet....does it go by some kind of vote within the group or can one person just kick you?

Leader of the group can kick any moment they feel like it.

Chump Norris
05-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Leader of the group can kick any moment they feel like it.

Thats pretty stupid for random matches.

Qbit
05-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Usually only kick people that are AFK the entire time or purposely keeping us from fighting the boss. Also anyone trying to glitch a co-op map.

All great reasons to kick people, which is probably why they can't get rid of kick entirely, but maybe move it to a voting system.

It wouldn't even annoy me (much) if they didn't wait until I've wasted my time in there.

Oh well, back to clan groups or being the leader in a random.

Durva360
05-27-2013, 09:32 PM
All great reasons to kick people, which is probably why they can't get rid of kick entirely, but maybe move it to a voting system.

It wouldn't even annoy me (much) if they didn't wait until I've wasted my time in there.

Oh well, back to clan groups or being the leader in a random.

I've only had to kick people three times. Twice from trying to exploit Scrapwork Salvage and the other was earlier today during explosion 101. They took the Cerberus and kept up waiting for almost twenty minutes at the boss before I had to kick them.

Pyth
05-27-2013, 09:38 PM
I honestly had no idea we could even do this, never even crossed my mind.

Really wish I had known the dozen or so times we've been paired with griefers who go afk. But better late than never.

Littleweasel
05-27-2013, 09:45 PM
there should be a vote to kick option so unless there is a good reason to kick people have to be voted out of the match by the other 3 players

Odessa
05-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Scrapworks is a huge problem with people kicking so they can glitch it. If I'm leader and I see them hopping the fence it's an automatic kick. I agree that the voting system would be a good alternative.

DJTrig
05-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Never been kicked and only had to kick once,2 AFKers (which is why i don't think voting is a good idea).I am almost always leader though and i think it is because i'm quick on the call and normally get in first.

Edit: only seen the scrap thing once,again 2 people,and i made them wait till i got round to them the legit way.So instead of shortcutting it took longer (moreso since the 4th came in late) and they missed out on the extra XP/WXP etc.

Ensu
05-27-2013, 10:06 PM
The worst thing is when its the leader who's afk.

Would prefer a vote system than a single leader, personally.

crasher
05-28-2013, 01:55 AM
I got kicked 3 times out of 3 within 30 seconds of joining.

tweeder87
05-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Happened to me twice so more often than not seems safe. Try running with a friend to give yal a better chance at being the leader. Just my 2 cents.

DejaVooDoo
05-28-2013, 07:32 AM
If it were switched to a voting system, any pair of griefers could hold the co-op hostage. All it would take is 2 people together and it would become impossible to kick them.

Thr0nes
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
If it were switched to a voting system, any pair of griefers could hold the co-op hostage. All it would take is 2 people together and it would become impossible to kick them.

Better than only having one person hold a co-op hostage...

Indra Echo
05-28-2013, 09:21 AM
there should be a vote to kick option so unless there is a good reason to kick people have to be voted out of the match by the other 3 players

The problem with that is the inability often to communicate. And I've seen this done pre-game in other games (Mass Effect 3) and abused.

I think what sometimes happens here (I've seen posts regarding this) is there are some ways of glitching final bosses so some people will kick everyone but themselves. I think if people would stop acting like games are so ultra important and have fun then they wouldn't feel like they have to always be on top in PvP, or top of the leaderboard after arkfalls and coop-it's fun to be so of course, but to resort to other nasty things in order to get there is stupid. It's a game.

Indra Echo
05-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Better than only having one person hold a co-op hostage...

What? It means that if two friends are playing and decide they just want to fart around and not finish the coop, then they can do it and won't be kicked.

I'd prefer it if the leader can kick anyone as it is now (yes, it's abused and that's stupid), but the other players can also vote to kick someone and a majority vote gets them kicked. That would make it so the leader can be kicked too.

And, I'd like it if there was the kick with a countdown timer that tells the player he is going to be kicked in ten or twenty seconds so it doesn't happen right away and an unkick so if someone catches up with the group they get another chance.

blurps
05-28-2013, 09:40 AM
I run co-ops pretty much all the time I'm playing at the moment and I've never been kicked from a co-op group. Had to kick someone only on two or three occasions, when the person was afk all match and preventing us from entering the boss fight.

Draaconis
05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
You may want to make sure you are getting "kicked" too. Sometimes you get a glitch where your group goes out of phase with each other. I have had to solo Cronkite, Matron, and Scrapyard because this happened.

Indra Echo
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
You may want to make sure you are getting "kicked" too. Sometimes you get a glitch where your group goes out of phase with each other. I have had to solo Cronkite, Matron, and Scrapyard because this happened.

This can happen too. I've had it happen when I was leader and I ended up back at Iron Demon Ranch and was still part of the group and they were still in coop.