PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy vs Aim Accuracy

SilentBob420BMFJ
05-27-2013, 09:03 PM
What's the difference, and how come this Mobile Adjustment Scope I have adds Accuracy and multiplies Movement Accuracy? I thought minus is better? And yes I've read the scope threads, and minus is supposed to be better, but then what will this scope do for my pistols if it adds .30 Accuracy and x1.15 Movement Accuracy? Why would you want your gun to be less accurate? For sniper rifles you could argue lesser magnification scope could benefit, but for a pistol that doesn't zoom in the first place?

Xanirus
05-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Haven't been able to figure this out myself. The only thing I can think of is that + in "Movement Accuracy" is actually "better," or, - in "Accuracy" terms. You know. Just in case the system wasn't confusing enough.

Qbit
05-27-2013, 09:19 PM
My guess is Aim accuracy only applies while aiming, not firing from the hip. Accuracy applies to both hip firing and aiming, and movement accuracy applies when moving.

AngryFire
05-27-2013, 09:20 PM
I believe the intent is if you want better accuracy while you are moving this scope will improve your accuracy why you move and ADS but decrease your overall accuracy when not moving. A trade off. I only payed attention to the AR mobile versions of the scope which i have seen and they are all -0.x movement accuracy and +0.x accuracy. I never use these myself :)

Umbra Warrior
05-27-2013, 09:24 PM
It's broken. That's all. Until they actually get the stats to read properly, I will continue to think they are broken. I mean seriously, Accuracy? You couldn't even get a number right? + means more, and more Accuracy is good; That's like shooter 101.

Razer
05-27-2013, 09:29 PM
They just couldn't get the equation right. Not taking into account how inaccurate a weapon was to start with was their first problem. Then everything rolled downhill from there.

SilentBob420BMFJ
05-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I believe the intent is if you want better accuracy while you are moving this scope will improve your accuracy why you move and ADS but decrease your overall accuracy when not moving. A trade off. I only payed attention to the AR mobile versions of the scope which i have seen and they are all -0.x movement accuracy and +0.x accuracy. I never use these myself :)

But the one I'm talking about adds accuracy and positive multiplies movement accuracy. So it's not only worse firing from the hip (maybe it works while aiming too, but dunno), but it's worse while moving as well? That makes no sense.

BTW I put a -.30 scope on my Wolfhound and I'd say it's ruined. I don't know if it's more accurate or not, but I have a feeling accuracy is simply a way of saying how multiplied it is when it comes to scopes. For instance, +.30 or -.30, it's the same thing except for magnification I'm guessing. But I have hardly any experience with scopes.

Does Trion actually say anything on these forums, or do we get no feedback from them at all and are just constantly wondering? If so that's TERRIBLE, especially for an MMO. Should be ashamed that they don't tell us these things.