PDA

View Full Version : 2 changed to freight yard and shadow wars i would like to see. (not a nerf post)

tuckerpb
05-27-2013, 11:05 PM
1. increase the distance you can be from the points for it to count for a attack and/or defence kill. right now it seams to be you have to be on the thing for it to count.
2. make it so the healing weapon can heal the bikes and cerberus also.

Wtflag
05-28-2013, 12:53 AM
1. increase the distance you can be from the points for it to count for a attack and/or defence kill. right now it seams to be you have to be on the thing for it to count.
2. make it so the healing weapon can heal the bikes and cerberus also.

1. The person capturing the point should be required to take a risk to capture it, not capturing it while behind a wall or inside the buildings or on the roof, as capturing point B would be done if they increase the distance.

2. Human =\= Vehicles. Even magic healing guns can't heal metal.

Islandink
05-28-2013, 01:16 AM
1. I feel like if you extend then you would be seeing a lot more cloak campers hiding behind walls just inside the capping area.

2. By letting people heal the Cerberus it would become almost impossible to capture the points closest to the spawn points since they would just park the Cerberus on the hill over looking the point and have someone behind constantly healing it.

CozyMilk
05-28-2013, 01:18 AM
I personally would like to see both of these elements in the game completely removed, shadow wars and matchmaking. Focus should be placed solely on PvE, co-op.

Islandink
05-28-2013, 01:22 AM
I personally would like to see both of these elements in the game completely removed, shadow wars and matchmaking. Focus should be placed solely on PvE, co-op.

While I do agree the focus should not be in PVP and that there should be more end-game content besides PVP. By taking out PVP we are removing content in a game that is already lacking content.

CozyMilk
05-28-2013, 01:24 AM
While I do agree the focus should not be in PVP and that there should be more end-game content besides PVP. By taking out PVP we are removing content in a game that is already lacking content.

I don't even consider the pvp to be content because I personally refuse to play it its so bad.

Islandink
05-28-2013, 01:34 AM
I don't even consider the pvp to be content because I personally refuse to play it its so bad.

By all means, if you don't like it then don't play it. But there will still be people who enjoy playing the pvp. I myself enjoy from time to time to take a break from the EGO level grind.

CozyMilk
05-28-2013, 01:35 AM
By all means, if you don't like it then don't play it. But there will still be people who enjoy playing the pvp. I myself enjoy from time to time to take a break from the EGO level grind.

Indeed.

10char

tuckerpb
05-28-2013, 01:58 AM
if you had bother to read. i said for kills. i said nothing about the ability to capture the point.

Wtflag
05-28-2013, 02:32 AM

It can be argued that a shooter would fare better by making PVP its end goal instead of PVE as evidenced by the number of multiplayer shooters in the market and how the number of hours played on multiplayer absolutely dwarfs the number of hours played on the single player champaign.

The fact is that development effort for 1 hour of entertainment for PVE may take upwards of 50 hours to create a quest that each player only plays once. While the development effort for a PVP map is maybe 10 hours and players will PVP in the same map for 500 hours.

Logically it makes zero sense to focus on PVE and drop PVP when returns are this different.

Wtflag
05-28-2013, 02:40 AM
if you had bother to read. i said for kills. i said nothing about the ability to capture the point.

Unless I'm wrong, defense/attack kills are counted when both players are within the capture zone. To increase the area in which defense/attack points are awarded necessarily requires the capture zone to be extended.

Necrotic
05-28-2013, 02:45 AM
PvE in this game is a joke.

tuckerpb
05-28-2013, 02:53 AM
It can be argued that a shooter would fare better by making PVP its end goal instead of PVE as evidenced by the number of multiplayer shooters in the market and how the number of hours played on multiplayer absolutely dwarfs the number of hours played on the single player champaign.

The fact is that development effort for 1 hour of entertainment for PVE may take upwards of 50 hours to create a quest that each player only plays once. While the development effort for a PVP map is maybe 10 hours and players will PVP in the same map for 500 hours.

Logically it makes zero sense to focus on PVE and drop PVP when returns are this different.

actually the reason why there are way more multiplayer shooters then mmorpg is that 90% of all pvpers have the attention span of a nat. they only care about the new more shiny game thinking that it has more substance then the last game. which after a week they realize it is just the same boring thing. so they start looking for the next game thinking it will be better. This is why there are lots of people still playing mmorpgs that are 10 years old or more (eq1, eq2, ao eve) ware for a mutiplayer shooter it is lucky that someone is still playing one that is more then 2 years old.
yes it is easier and cheaper to make pvp stuff cause there is no substance to it. to put it in the simplest terms. pvp is like drawing a square on a piece of paper and good pve is painting the Sistine chapel ceiling.

tuckerpb
05-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Unless I'm wrong, defense/attack kills are counted when both players are within the capture zone. To increase the area in which defense/attack points are awarded necessarily requires the capture zone to be extended.

no they can increase the area in which kills count with out increasing the are to capture.
how it works. the program tracts ware player a and b are in relation to point c. when one player kills the other. the computer determine if they are in the area from point c. then checks to see which side controls the point to deturmine who gets what points. all they have to do is increase the distance in which the program takes into account to determent kills, but leave the distance for capturing the point alone. but knowing these programmers they would just mess it up.