PDA

View Full Version : perks getting uneqiupped, is this planned to be resolved soon?

AmnesiaHaze
05-28-2013, 03:35 AM
my 7th perk gets unequipped every time i restart , even multiple times a day during playing , is this a known issue and planning to be resolved anytime soon ? cause it gets really annoying to the point i stop caring about using only 6/7 perks

Schwa
05-28-2013, 03:40 AM
This has been around since before launch.

They obviously believe they have much more important things to fix.

Murder
05-28-2013, 04:08 AM
For some reason my last perk hasn't un-equipped itself in a few days, whereas before it was un-equipping all the time no matter what I did. This glitch, the buggy co-ops, and arkfalls glitching are probably the most annoying bugs I've encountered on this game, and it would be awesome if they fixed them ASAP.

Kane
05-28-2013, 04:19 AM
For some reason my last perk hasn't un-equipped itself in a few days, whereas before it was un-equipping all the time no matter what I did. This glitch, the buggy co-ops, and arkfalls glitching are probably the most annoying bugs I've encountered on this game, and it would be awesome if they fixed them ASAP.

Are you sure it is not just the icon that you see there? if you press the last perk, does your equipped one have an e in the upper-left corner? if not, it is not active it is just the icon of it being equipped...unfortunately

Ol Devious One
05-28-2013, 04:39 AM
If the bug/glitch doesn't affect the BIT store (even if indirectly), chances are they won't be fixed ASAP.

Renfield
05-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Are you sure it is not just the icon that you see there? if you press the last perk, does your equipped one have an e in the upper-left corner? if not, it is not active it is just the icon of it being equipped...unfortunately

Yes, you need to watch for this as well. Often it will still show the icon but the perk won't be active. Fricking annoying. This happens whenever you log into the game or when you transition in or out of an instance (PvP or Co-op), but fortunately only on your active profile.

DeMoted
05-28-2013, 05:22 AM

Lol like what? They took keycodes from emergencies instead of fixing them. All they do is **** this game up. So funny.

silk04
05-28-2013, 05:33 AM
Yeah this happens to me everytime I enter the multiplayer maps. tired of re-equiping my perk.

Slackaveli
05-28-2013, 06:26 AM

yep. it's been there since at least Beta so...

permabug.

it's always the last perk so no problem remembering which one to re-equip. UNLESS you get the black, locked, EGO page like I do. Then it's reboot time. annoying lil bug, that one.

Moa
05-28-2013, 06:30 AM

Same here, since the last update that added all the infected/sick people my perk has no longer unequipped itself.

It doesn't happen any longer to me anyways.

Jackobite
05-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Been a bug for ages now, I just came to the forums looking to see when the hell are they going to put half the vendors back in,

geez its easy to go off on a rant I just wish they would do things a bit quicker.

marshy
05-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Yep this bug is in the long list of other bugs that have yet to be fixed. Did you see how fast they fixed the vendor bug though. Trion $ get a grip fix the game not just the things that affect your cash flow. And thanks for the 3 yes 3 data recorders episode that should keep me busy for the next week or two (sarcastic)

Psamion
05-28-2013, 07:13 AM
I didn't really care about one perk slot doing this but now I have both 8th and 9th slots unequipping every time I log on or go to a pvp map etc.. really annoying.

AZAG0TH
05-28-2013, 07:13 AM
It's incredibly annoying and I wish they'd just fix it already.

PitBull76
05-28-2013, 07:29 AM
It's incredibly annoying and I wish they'd just fix it already.

This is by far the most irritating issue I am experiencing with the game now. Every time I change a weapon or outfit in my loadout, and each time I go into either pvp or co-op I have to go in and reequip the perk.

I will not purchase anything with bits until this issue is resolved. I quit playing for the day now because I spend half my time jerking around with that stupid perk slot and I can't do it anymore today.

There are a few things now, as well as others with DLC that I would really like to have in my inventory that require bits to purchase, but I refuse to give them one penny until I can actually play without having to deal with this...and I really like the game. It has just become too damn frustrating.

TheNo1G
05-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Yep this bug is in the long list of other bugs that have yet to be fixed. Did you see how fast they fixed the vendor bug though. Trion $ get a grip fix the game not just the things that affect your cash flow. And thanks for the 3 yes 3 data recorders episode that should keep me busy for the next week or two (sarcastic)

Yes this is the problem more worried about there cash flow then fixing major bugs, thought that was what the new patch was for abit of joke really.. Had enough rang microsoft getting refund on season pass and get rid game 2mor not worth the trouble

PitBull76
05-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Yes this is the problem more worried about there cash flow then fixing major bugs, thought that was what the new patch was for abit of joke really.. Had enough rang microsoft getting refund on season pass and get rid game 2mor not worth the trouble

can someone translate this to english please?

MagellanD
05-28-2013, 07:46 AM
I've just stopped Equipping it.
I "re-kajiggered" my load outs to put in my favourite perks in the first slots and have left in empty so I don't even have to think about it anymore.

It's quite a shame it's come to this.

AmnesiaHaze
05-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I've just stopped Equipping it.
I "re-kajiggered" my load outs to put in my favourite perks in the first slots and have left in empty so I don't even have to think about it anymore.

It's quite a shame it's come to this.

i given up too , no more last perk for me :D

Cavadus
05-28-2013, 09:11 AM
It's been like this since early alpha so, no, it will not be fixed any time soon.

Sull
05-28-2013, 09:14 AM
It WAS fixed for me until the debacle known as 1.02 came about. Now my last perk slot unequips again and far too often. I'm taking a break from the game until they fix this (and other things). My patience is gone with Trion for now.

Lethaltyrant
05-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by TheNo1G
"Yes this is the problem more worried about there cash flow then fixing major bugs, thought that was what the new patch was for abit of joke really.. Had enough rang microsoft getting refund on season pass and get rid game 2mor not worth the trouble"

can someone translate this to english please?

To translate--"Dear good people the makers of Defiance-Trion is more worried about money than fixing the game and its major bugs. The latest patch did nothing for me. So i called microsoft to get refunded my season pass and im taking the game back to the store tomorrow." I believe that would be a proper translation lol

Rainman
05-28-2013, 09:23 AM
it's incredibly annoying and i wish they'd just fix it already.

x100000000000000

Kane
05-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Looking at the past experience, if a patch comes where they fix this bug, you might all of a sudden lose your weapon while shooting it, or start shooting with no damage :) or whatever other bug, the way they "fix" things by breaking other things...i for one hope they hold off on fixing anything unless they actually test it first, not throw it out and see what happens.

Tessien
05-28-2013, 09:34 AM

Yeah, me too. I haven't been losing my last perk since the patch. Guess it's not fixed for everybody though.