PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Level Question

scroTUMS
05-28-2013, 06:10 AM
So I just hit EGO lvl 1000 over this past weekend. Although I've noticed that now almost every weapon I purchase has all 4 mod slots opened, in comparing the actual specs (damage, etc...) they are exactly the same as the lower level ones I've has in the past. As a matter of fact, I still had a level 450 auto shot gun that I had in my inventory, and when I matched it up to the level 1000 one that I purchased, they are identical in every way.
Can somebody explain to me how or why this is? I even noticed while looking at a SAW at one of the vendors, there was absolutely no difference what so ever between the green, blue, and purple versions of the same weapon.

AntiGravity
05-28-2013, 06:27 AM
So I just hit EGO lvl 1000 over this past weekend. Although I've noticed that now almost every weapon I purchase has all 4 mod slots opened, in comparing the actual specs (damage, etc...) they are exactly the same as the lower level ones I've has in the past. As a matter of fact, I still had a level 450 auto shot gun that I had in my inventory, and when I matched it up to the level 1000 one that I purchased, they are identical in every way.
Can somebody explain to me how or why this is? I even noticed while looking at a SAW at one of the vendors, there was absolutely no difference what so ever between the green, blue, and purple versions of the same weapon.

Synergy - as you start getting higher in the Ego rating you will begin to find weapons with better synergies on them.

mikepaul
05-28-2013, 06:45 AM
As you move up in EGO level, the weapons lose slots, and you need LOTS of salvage to add them. It's a REALLY good idea to have a few low EGO weapons you like, maybe purple with some perks, for later when even the purples only have one slot. With the new ability to pay salvage to restore them so they gain damage for your skills again, the cheapness will be a blessing.

Until Trion decides to change how much it costs...

Grit
05-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Honestly, I'm gonna use ALT characters to "farm" weapons for my main character.. give me level 20-600 EGO weapons with 4 slots all damn day and i'll be happy. when i max it out 8K salvage to reset a level 250 LMG... No use wasting money on SAWS ever again... equip good level 3 mods and yup!!

Zugo
05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
I was able to free up a ton of inventory space since the last patch. No longer do I horde weapons for future skill leveling, and the lvl 300-400 ego weapons still get the job done.

On a side note, just got an orange Vot Bolter from a T4 this weekend with 0 slots, but a cool Assassin Synergy+critX stat. Not looking forward to resetting this one.

Grit
05-28-2013, 09:22 AM
keep that one until you hit like 19 or so in your BA sniper levels buddy. then you never ever have to reset it haha!!

in the long run you're gonna reset level 200-500 weapons a lot more over time..but i'm sure using the lower EGO weapons will make it balance out.

You're on my XBL friend list if i get nice BASRs with mod slots with my alts i'll let ya know.

Zugo
05-28-2013, 09:29 AM
keep that one until you hit like 19 or so in your BA sniper levels buddy. then you never ever have to reset it haha!!

in the long run you're gonna reset level 200-500 weapons a lot more over time..but i'm sure using the lower EGO weapons will make it balance out.

You're on my XBL friend list if i get nice BASRs with mod slots with my alts i'll let ya know.

I picked up some plus mag to shotgun mods the other day that you may want, but they dont have a synergy.

Getting a ton of different synergies from the mod caches now, but no assassin types popping for my toy.

Grit
05-28-2013, 09:52 AM
I picked up some plus mag to shotgun mods the other day that you may want, but they dont have a synergy.

Getting a ton of different synergies from the mod caches now, but no assassin types popping for my toy.

I'm thinking if we get some ppl on board we'll be able to get the stuff we want/need and low EGO weapons to battle the high salvage costs. I know for sure any SRs i get with my Main are way too far down the road for ya right now but they're something you could hold onto for a while when ya get there.

my theory when it comes to trading and what not is get a good group of ppl and share the wealth. If its stuff i'll never use i'll find a home before getting ripped off at the vendors.

I know i could make bank on my 3round burst mods but a friend in need > fake monies lol

mikepaul
05-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Will the DLC (and the compatibility pack for those not buying the DLC) bring with it the full set of weapons/synergies that have been missing so far? I could find a use for Prepared and Scavenger, but only if I'd want to fire the weapons Trion decides we should get.

Some folks mock the Mazu as the little rifle that can't, but a whole set of Prepared Level III mods on a Prepared Mazu and I think it'd rock.

No weapons I'd want, and the whole synergy thing is a waste...

Zugo
05-28-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm thinking if we get some ppl on board we'll be able to get the stuff we want/need and low EGO weapons to battle the high salvage costs. I know for sure any SRs i get with my Main are way too far down the road for ya right now but they're something you could hold onto for a while when ya get there.

my theory when it comes to trading and what not is get a good group of ppl and share the wealth. If its stuff i'll never use i'll find a home before getting ripped off at the vendors.

I know i could make bank on my 3round burst mods but a friend in need > fake monies lol

Sounds good to me, I'm debating over starting an alt now or waiting for Cast race since that would be a start from scratch anyway.

Zugo
05-28-2013, 10:23 AM
No weapons I'd want, and the whole synergy thing is a waste...

The Assassin synergy looks pretty good actually. It just keeps boosting Crit multiplier, and on a bolt action sniper that's huge.

Grit
05-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah Assassin on a BASR would be pretty sweet. I love getting cannonier on pistols LOL WTF?

I'll keep my eyes out for assassin mods dude, seems like i get good luck at the cahce lockboxes.

Zugo
05-28-2013, 10:39 AM
My orange derailer is EGO 440 and costs a tad over 25k to reset. I wish I could swap the derailer EGO level for the vot bolter EGO level.

Oh and paying for slots on the Vot Bolter is hella annoying. I remember when you were complaining about not getting slots in weapons anymore. I totally get your point now that I'm seeing the same.

Grit
05-28-2013, 10:45 AM
yeah man, better colored weapons = more salvage to slot out....

i usually only complain when i got a good legit complaint haha!!

If you need help running co-ops or whatever to get crap to salvage, let me know. Damn that 3hr time difference to hell tho lol

Zugo
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
yeah man, better colored weapons = more salvage to slot out....

i usually only complain when i got a good legit complaint haha!!

If you need help running co-ops or whatever to get crap to salvage, let me know. Damn that 3hr time difference to hell tho lol

Yep, hmmm wish they had an auto salvage feature like Borderlands.