PDA

View Full Version : Beta 1 hour impression.

RelativeBlue
03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
I played the PC beta for about an hour, avoiding story missions. I found the menu cumbersome to navigate. Though I saw at least 40 people running around the awkward chat system made that irrelevant.
I spent my time exploring and taking on random missions. What combat I experienced was pretty dissapointing and consisted of headshot from a distance, enemies charge, headshot them down one by one. Larger enemies would stop at the base hills and behind obstacles and fire into them at me while I stared at their exposed head through my scope. So the AI I encountered was meh.
Vehicle physics are so peculiar. I was rolling down a hill on my ATV at a slow creep, and must have rolled over a ledge because I was suddenly flung upward toward the sky, and came down weirdly slow.
The ego system is great and I can't wait to dig into that further. All I had unlocked was Cloak and Hunters Stance x3.
Overall my impression of the game is that it could have been an okay couch co-op priced at 20$, but for the 60-140$ mmo shooter it's just stopping short of the finish line.
I sincerely hope there is a lot more to Defiance.

Xendhaius
03-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I played the PC beta for about an hour
This completely invalidates the rest of your post. How about actually playing the game?

Do some Arkfalls, Co-Op missions, PvP, Shadow Wars, etc... You know, actually playing the game outside of the freaking tutorial before jumping to a stupid conclusion.

duddits
03-23-2013, 03:08 PM
I played the PC beta for about an hour

i dont even....

Cry
03-23-2013, 03:13 PM
I played the PC beta for about an hour,
Well there's your issue!

Play it more, In my opinion it's such an amazing game.

steelslinga
03-23-2013, 03:26 PM
agreed.... get up in levels.. take on a camp of elites by yourself... then come back and post ..

Triansou
03-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Been in beta 12 hours and I have to say its amazing but im not playing it any more till it launches. I don't wanna burn through all of the starting content in beta only to have to start over.

RelativeBlue
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM
I absolutely intend on playing more come the launch. I want this game to do well and go far, but those first two issues in my one hour play through are sever problems for an mmo, in my opinion. You may want to take a second look at what I posted. These are just my immediate concerns since I plan on playing this game with enthusiasm. I'm not hatin'.