PDA

View Full Version : The Games Mature Rating?

Chilmeister
05-29-2013, 04:03 AM
Why or how did this game end up with a mature rating, Theres no nudity no sexual content the violence is not over the top gory in fact ive seen twelve rated movies with better content. Even the swearing is very very rare.

So who the hell vetted this game for its rating, a nun perhaps who has been living alone on an island with only some old Mary Whitehouse books to read. (Mary Whitehouse = 70s/80s big gob who felt it was her place to tell us what we should and should not be watching).

So come on Trion who did you pay to get this a mature rating to entice the gamers in expecting some GTA style content cos if definatley aint. The BBC could show this during the daytime.:confused:

Hammer Strike
05-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Fruity language. They drop the "F" bomb now and again

Schmiznurf
05-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Firstly, there is violence and blood.
Secondly, it's an online only game. With games the multiplayer aspect is usually rated M because there is no control over what people say. As it's online only, it gets an M.

That's my guess anyway.

BadPanther86
05-29-2013, 04:17 AM
It's like movies: pg-13 movies do the best and I would guess M games and E games to well because of that same reason. Lots of kids like E games. Also everyone 11+ plays m games.

wrappy
05-29-2013, 04:23 AM
most online games I've played have been rated t. they could of gotten rid of the cursing, it really adds nothing.

Pheonix580
05-29-2013, 04:24 AM
DCUO is more violent in ways..... and its rated T. People always swear and do bad things in DCUO where in Defiance there isn't a lot of people who even talk.

Arsenic_Touch
05-29-2013, 04:28 AM
Language and violence mostly.
Which is funny with such a strict in game language filter it just boggles the mind.

BadPanther86
They should have taken out the ad language. John Cooper gets very annoying.

Dracian
Firstly, there is violence and blood.
Secondly, it's an online only game. With games the multiplayer aspect is usually rated M because there is no control over what people say. As it's online only, it gets an M.

That's my guess anyway.

Except that English insults are censored...

Pheonix580
05-29-2013, 04:33 AM
They should have taken out the ad language. John Cooper gets very annoying.

lmao IM PINNED GODDAMMIT