PDA

View Full Version : Tabula Rasa and borderlands got married then...

Erfin
03-23-2013, 03:06 PM
defiance was born :D took the awesome parts of each and put em in one bundle of joy :x

Valethar
03-23-2013, 03:12 PM
It got most of it's good looks from TR. Borderlands was just a marriage of convenience. :p

Chaz0r
03-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Exactly what I thought.

There is, as I mentioned in another thread, just one point which in my eyes is really bad: The Chat. But the shouldn't be a big deal to improve.

The other things are just small things which I would find in nearly every game. So that is not that important.
But overall: Yes, it took the best of both games. I love it :)

Valethar
03-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Chat has been terrible from the first Beta I was in. I shudder to think of the backlash they're going to take if it makes it to release in it's current form.

Aetrion
03-23-2013, 03:50 PM
defiance was born :D took the awesome parts of each and put em in one bundle of joy :x

No, if it took the most awesome part of Tabula Rasa Controlled Fission would be one of the EGO powers. You know, the one where you rig an enemy to explode as a mini-nuke when he takes enough damage.

I miss Tabula Rasa, it had a lot of unrealized potential.

Erfin
03-23-2013, 04:06 PM
No, if it took the most awesome part of Tabula Rasa Controlled Fission would be one of the EGO powers. You know, the one where you rig an enemy to explode as a mini-nuke when he takes enough damage.

Yea that game was great, I gave my friends guest passes they all ended up buying it lol 15 ppl xD Sucks the publisher among other things had major drama and game died.

Aetrion
03-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Well, the game had a ton of problems. It was way to easy, and the balance was terrible. They had a ton of good ideas, but the place where it all fell apart was simply the fact that when it came to high level play you never really got a sense of military simulation or squad tactics, it was just a bunch of people running around with overpowered characters blasting the crap out of everything in their way without much teamplay involved.

Wolf
03-23-2013, 05:25 PM
I always enjoyed the base invasions on TR. One minute u just be chilling and the next its all ZOMG TEH BANE!! REMEMBER THE ALAMO! :cool: :eek:

Valethar
03-23-2013, 05:29 PM
I always enjoyed the base invasions on TR. One minute u just be chilling and the next its all ZOMG TEH BANE!! REMEMBER THE ALAMO! :cool: :eek:

I actually suggested they do something like that for Defiance. Wouldn't be hard, they already do something similar in Rift. It would be great to have mutants or dark matter, etc.. take over places like Iron Demon Ranch and we'd have to go in and clear them out again.

TheShiningLily
03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
I would want a bug crawl searching for the "brain bug" ala Starship Troopers. Going down into a Hellbug nest with like 100 people where the worst of the bugs stay to defend the nest. And then the final fight everyone gets thrown to the surface by a massive borrowing bug to defend the brain/queen bug. Goodness that would be epic.

fsol
03-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I miss Tabula Rasa ever since Garriot decided to go to space and screw the community.

Still have screens from my guardian and spy and i agree invasion and takeovers would be awsome to have in defiance.
Dang i miss my little robot.

Aetrion in a way i can agree that some classes had it to easy for taking over bases like the turret class and the one that let corpses blow up.
+ The fact of some zones being unplayeble due to massive memory leaks rofl.
But some zones really gave a headache if you where alone,cant remember the name but it was heavily Bane terretory,nearby the miasama graveyard.+the zone where all the stalkers had a blast at you also hurt like hell.

Aaah the days of running a loop trough the cave with schrapnel for the multiplier only to meet someone comming in from the oposite direction, snif i miss them days.

Wolf
03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
I would want a bug crawl searching for the "brain bug" ala Starship Troopers. Going down into a Hellbug nest with like 100 people where the worst of the bugs stay to defend the nest. And then the final fight everyone gets thrown to the surface by a massive borrowing bug to defend the brain/queen bug. Goodness that would be epic.

epic idea.

/emote cmon u apes u wanna live forever!! ;)

ZombieTech
03-23-2013, 06:25 PM

I read the topic title, and was actually expecting the punchline to be... "had a red-headed step-child with gimped legs, a square head, and a personality disorder". Whoops. :o

Ensu
03-23-2013, 06:57 PM

Ah! That would be amazing! That's it. Go and apply for the position of Content Director at Trion.

Thunderclap
03-23-2013, 07:13 PM

That would be an truly phenomenal level of awesome.