PDA

View Full Version : Prices? ( Bits )

Cry
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
I was wondering if the prices are established and will be kept that way or if this is just a placeholder price for beta.

Anyone know?

As far as I see it, It's $2.00/$2.50 for an outfit and that's pretty cheap from what I'm use too. (Nexon, Aeria, Any other F2P game.)

Of course you have to buy the $5 400 Bits pack, but still.

Edit: Around $1 for 100 bits, according to Paladin.

What're your opinions?

Paladin
03-23-2013, 03:23 PM
It's a $1 for 100 bits.

Cry
03-23-2013, 03:23 PM
It's a $1 for 100 bits.
Whoop, better fix my post,
Thanks!

Valethar
03-23-2013, 03:24 PM
It's a $1 for 100 bits.

Doesn't quite work out to that looking at the store. $500 for 400 comes out to $1.25 per 100, but the cost per bit drops if you buy higher priced packages.

Psychometrics
03-23-2013, 03:26 PM
It's a $1 for 100 bits.

are you sure?? that would make outfits extremely cheap and mounts. I usually see mounts at least $10 or over and outfits around $7+ I mean I wont complain if its cheap, Ill just be able to get more for my buck xP but ..are you SURE? lol

Valethar
03-23-2013, 03:26 PM
As far as I see it, It's $2.00/$2.50 for an outfit and that's pretty cheap from what I'm use too. (Nexon, Aeria, Any other F2P game.)

Lets hope they don't get infected by the Greed Collective and go the route SWTOR did with their store. The prices there are ridiculously high.

Cry
03-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Lets hope they don't get infected by the Greed Collective and go the route SWTOR did with their store. The prices there are ridiculously high.

Consider, as I understand, this game is B2P I don't think it should have a problem with having outfits that're cheap.

I hope they don't go Nexon on us, aka Vindictus, $35 for an cosmetic outfit? nty

Psychometrics
03-23-2013, 03:30 PM

not to mention quite restrictive if you dont sub lol xD but I think they may have lost money? I just know it flopped =/ I played for a while then I ran out of stuff to do or the pvp was too repetitive, always got stuck with hut ball xP

Psychometrics
03-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Consider, as I understand, this game is B2P I don't think it should have a problem with having outfits that're cheap.

I hope they don't go Nexon on us, aka Vindictus, $35 for an cosmetic outfit? nty

lol I'm guilty..I play vindictus and Ive spent $25 on 3 characters for just cosmetic purposes alone. however, that type of game doesn't have an initial retail fee, and I think the fan base is considerably smaller. they make most their money on dyes I think lol

Rat2man
03-23-2013, 04:41 PM
The price for the outfits imo are perfect (and they look fing sweet!). Already I plan to drop at least 600 bits on stuff, and its nice not to be getting gouged (esp with so many games gouging people these days).

Honestly at the moment my concern is the T3/T4 boxes for bits. (The non-bit prices for em I think are good)

Just my 2 bits :cool:

Cry
03-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Hate to "bump" my own thread with another question, but..
Can we buy bits atm ( Beta ) ?

Migrayne
03-23-2013, 05:25 PM
I was not able to buy bits and I did not get the 4000 test bits. When I try to purchase I get some kind of string error.

I like seeing the prices like this. I'm more likely to pay $5 here and their if I get enough bits to actually buy things in the game. If the price for bits is too high or if you need to get more then 1 $5 pack to buy anything in the store then I would not use it.

I hope they keep the pricing as is, and aim for more revenue through more sales. Trying to get more revenue from higher prices is a bad way to go. It just drives some people away.

pricey007
03-23-2013, 05:30 PM
The price for the outfits imo are perfect (and they look fing sweet!). Already I plan to drop at least 600 bits on stuff, and its nice not to be getting gouged (esp with so many games gouging people these days).

Honestly at the moment my concern is the T3/T4 boxes for bits. (The non-bit prices for em I think are good)

Just my 2 bits :cool:

Does anyone have a link for the prices?

Valethar
03-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I just managed to get them by using the quick buy option on a runner.

Rat2man
03-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Does anyone have a link for the prices?

The two I remember was 400 bits for 5 and 5200 bits for 50, I think there was a 20 and 75 dollar option too, but i cant recall those.

EdgeTW
03-23-2013, 06:17 PM
I think they may be going the route SOE did with Planetside 2.. items that are not expensive, but offering a ton of them. I think that's a better approach; it encourages people to buy more. I'm more likely to buy a bunch of outfits if they're $2 each because I don't bat an eye at that. If they're $5 each I wouldn't because I don't value them that much. So, you can either get a lot of money off me in total at $2 a pop, or none.

Cry
03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
I think they may be going the route SOE did with Planetside 2.. items that are not expensive, but offering a ton of them. I think that's a better approach; it encourages people to buy more. I'm more likely to buy a bunch of outfits if they're $2 each because I don't bat an eye at that. If they're $5 each I wouldn't because I don't value them that much. So, you can either get a lot of money off me in total at $2 a pop, or none.

I agree with the not being expensive but offering a ton.

Even at $5 it's still pretty cheap compared to most cash shops.
And I would still buy.

Though; I think Defiance has a /more than great/ cash shop they way it is now ( should keep it this way ) and they should host contest to design armor and such and have it implemented in the game!

Kaonashi
03-23-2013, 06:25 PM
It's a $1 for 100 bits.

This is correct, We just got the game cards in @ my work "Gamestop" they are 15$ for 1500 bits

Cry
03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
This is correct, We just got the game cards in @ my work "Gamestop" they are 15$ for 1500 bits

Nice to know!
Hey, any chance you can get me a job there?
I won't.. take any bit cards, nup si'ree....

EdgeTW
03-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I agree with the not being expensive but offering a ton.

Even at $5 it's still pretty cheap compared to most cash shops.
And I would still buy.

Though; I think Defiance has a /more than great/ cash shop they way it is now ( should keep it this way ) and they should host contest to design armor and such and have it implemented in the game!

Well, it's like this: Let's say I purchase a helmet for $1 and an outfit for $2. I put them on and decide I like the match, but a different color helmet of the same type would be better. I'll actually go buy it as well because it's just another dollar. And then if I see another outfit that happens to go with either helm.. I'll get that as well, because it's just two bucks. The prices are so low I'm not even allowing it to weigh in on my decision.

But when I start seeing prices like $5 for individual items, I end up thinking about other items I can purchase for around $5 instead. That game on sale at Steam I'm on the fence about. Almost a month of Netflix. That sort of thing.. things that are likely to bring me much more enjoyment than a piece of virtual clothing I'll care about for ten minutes before forgetting.

That price point is going to be different for everyone, but the story is likely the same.. beyond a certain price the idea of spending hard earned real-life cash on virtual-soldier clothing starts to seem ridiculous. Thus, it seems better to aim for a price that doesn't cause the buyer to think about not spending.

Cry
03-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Well, it's like this: Let's say I purchase a helmet for $1 and an outfit for $2. I put them on and decide I like the match, but a different color helmet of the same type would be better. I'll actually go buy it as well because it's just another dollar. And then if I see another outfit that happens to go with either helm.. I'll get that as well, because it's just two bucks. The prices are so low I'm not even allowing it to weigh in on my decision.

But when I start seeing prices like $5 for individual items, I end up thinking about other items I can purchase for around $5 instead. That game on sale at Steam I'm on the fence about. Almost a month of Netflix. That sort of thing.. things that are likely to bring me much more enjoyment than a piece of virtual clothing I'll care about for ten minutes before forgetting.

That price point is going to be different for everyone, but the story is likely the same.. beyond a certain price the idea of spending hard earned real-life cash on virtual-soldier clothing starts to seem ridiculous. Thus, it seems better to aim for a price that doesn't cause the buyer to think about not spending.

+1 if I could.

I understand completely.
With the current prices of the items; I feel that the cash shop is great the way it is.
About the price of two soda cans where I live, and I like it that way.

Pasha
03-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Somehow I got 4k bits on both EU and US characters.

US toon don't have suits (EU toon got em) but has all suits marked as "purchased". Must be a bug (i.e. all suits probably should be available for all toons - account-wide purchases).

edit: confirming - account-wide unlocks. You purchase car/s and suit/s for all toons at once (one purchase = all toons)

Ensu
03-23-2013, 06:50 PM
If those are the current prices/conversion, I'm quite happy with it. I'm liking my stalker outfit and my new car.

Kegufu
03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Somehow I got 4k bits on both EU and US characters.

US toon don't have suits (EU toon got em) but has all suits marked as "purchased". Must be a bug (i.e. all suits probably should be available for all toons - account-wide purchases).

edit: confirming - account-wide unlocks. You purchase car/s and suit/s for all toons at once (one purchase = all toons)

Unless you want to change race or sex this really doesn't help much, no reason...so far .. to play second toon, you can always respec and the base profession doesn't seem to effect anything at all.

Valekrin
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM

This is incorrect, unfortunately. I just picked up a $15 card (had $15 and $25 options) which came out to $15.82 with tax and applied the code to my account. It says, Defiance™ PC - Defiance 1200 Bits and Lockbox.

The lockbox is mentioned on the card (Includes Lock Box with different rewards!), but doesn't specify the tier. The card also doesn't specify how many bits, it just says $15 worth of Defiance Bits for use in the PC version.

Vossil
04-15-2013, 03:11 AM
The in-game store is a total ripoff here in the EU. They charge you 24€ for 2300 bits, which is converted about 30$.

illgot
04-15-2013, 03:16 AM
And outfits are account wide :)

Coming from a GW2 and APB, thus stire is pretty cheap.

Fiancee
04-15-2013, 03:19 AM
I think we need to celebrate first DLC with double/triple bits day.

RawrKitty
04-15-2013, 03:27 AM
The in-game store is a total ripoff here in the EU. They charge you 24€ for 2300 bits, which is converted about 30$.

why the hell did you up this thread? its literally from TWO WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE

Vossil
04-15-2013, 03:30 AM
They charge you about 10€ per outfit that costs 880 bits...

Vossil
04-15-2013, 03:32 AM
why the hell did you up this thread? its literally from TWO WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE

And? Problem? I didn't want to open a new thread. Go stir up trouble somewhere else.

RawrKitty
04-15-2013, 03:36 AM
And? Problem? I didn't want to open a new thread. Go stir up trouble somewhere else.

you're posting a response to a question that was asked before the data was released. now all you need to do is hit esc - space - defiance store - buy bits - done.

whatever.

#reqclose

Vossil
04-15-2013, 03:44 AM
you're posting a response to a question that was asked before the data was released. now all you need to do is hit esc - space - defiance store - buy bits - done.

whatever.

#reqclose

Uhm, not really no. Read again. K thx bye.

Froggyman
04-15-2013, 04:01 AM
You really need to avoid necroing threads, especially if you don't have anything to add to them. The topic was pricing. Anyone who can open the store in game...which is every single person that can log in, will now know what everything costs without any speculation or help needed. There was no reason to do this.

Vossil
04-15-2013, 04:26 AM
You really need to avoid necroing threads, especially if you don't have anything to add to them. The topic was pricing. Anyone who can open the store in game...which is every single person that can log in, will now know what everything costs without any speculation or help needed. There was no reason to do this.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CvudXaiCeKk/T1aV7kJSB2I/AAAAAAAADQE/M24nMEczXBE/s400/jackie-chan-wtf.png

I'm complaining about the prices ffs and didn't want to open a new thread since the topic is the same. Unreal...