PDA

View Full Version : Infectors WAAAAAAAAY OVERPOWERED

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok i know there are prabobly many more threads like this one.. Infectors are in serious need of a good nerf.. first of all they hit u from like half way across the freaking universe and they kill u in like 3 secs, and on top of that you dont even really need to aim. The homing range for tht weapon serious need to be cut in half. Atleast with the shotgun your oppnent actaully have to sneak up on you and to get kill, with infector ppl just spray, "no skill" "no aim" and gets kills like wth... and whats even the point of a sniper rifle if ppl have those OP infector.... that thing is bacially a homing automatic sniper rifle with the power of a SAW.. it ruins PvP and yes i used it i went 15/0 before i was killed, its no fun to even get kills with and its ruining PvP.... for me atleast :(

Kronik
05-29-2013, 03:07 PM
I agree its a newb weapon however it is beatable I've killed plenty of them.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree its a newb weapon however it is beatable I've killed plenty of them.

Trust me ive killed soooo many, to many to count the wep is soooo annoying though, shadow wars u can forget about it, they all stand really far back where they can hit you but also can get away in enough time if need be.

physics
05-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Atleast with the shotgun your oppnent actaully have to sneak up on you and to get kill, with infector ppl just spray, "no skill" "no aim" and gets kills like wth... and whats even the point of a sniper rifle if ppl have those OP infector.... that thing is bacially a homing automatic sniper rifle with the power of a SAW.. it ruins PvP and yes i used it i went 15/0 before i was killed, its no fun to even get kills with and its ruining PvP.... for me atleast :(

How is being completely invisible justified as skill based sneaking?
Have you ever played a skill based sneaking game like Splinter Cell?
You say nerf it because its highly effective and tons of people use it. You say don't nerf shotgun/cloak even though it is highly effective and everyone uses it.
How about instead of being silly you just challenge yourself with weapons that are not popular and quit crying.

Violetcoast
05-29-2013, 03:15 PM
I've been infected. I shot dead the person who infected me and still survived. I don't think they are all that powerful. When I play co-op with them I am always last on the list for damage. They are an easy weapon, but really not that powerful. The most annoying thing about them is trying to see through the pustules growing on my head. :o

Kronik
05-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Just stick to good cover decoy works wonders its just as annoying as a car not rendering or walking around a corner to get blasted by a cloak user, things that kill you often are usually annoying. Challenge is in finding what kills them.

Most infector users like to frequent the same spots I like to wait for them and at max the infector hits at 45 or 50m most snipers can hit 80+ your just getting too close if you snipe.

Adrena Chrome
05-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Only thing I can kill an infector noob with is a grenade, another infector. Or get on your atv and run!!! Super lame. I started a thread about this too right b4 I read yours.

Kronik
05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Don't understand your issues with it yes it's easy for hem but are you denied the weapon? Is it too hard to figure out that closing the gap is not possible so back up... If your infected roll dot stops and bugs can't track for some reason. Seriously beginning to think defiance should be a fist fighting game, then you would all be happy.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 03:24 PM
You say nerf it because its highly effective and tons of people use it. You say don't nerf shotgun/cloak even though it is highly effective and everyone uses it.
How about instead of being silly you just challenge yourself with weapons that are not popular and quit crying.

Well shotties were nerfed they needed (well some of them were trash to begain with) Cloak plus shotgun are only good for 1v1 maybe 1v2 and thats still very risky, Infector+Cloak..... come on now... be honest u dont even need cloak with tht wep u can find a nice spot and take out crowds os ppl without even being seen, if someone do spot u the time u use to aim at them will be the time they use to infect the **** out of you lolz. Like i said i used infectors and there to noobish i actually have a rlly good one but like i said its seriously no fun.

Adrena Chrome
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Cars are supposed to render. And if shotty cloak guys misses he's dead. infector's don't have a good work around. the bugs kill people you never shot at. I shoot npc's just to make bugs!! Super lame but an army of those guys and you are untouchable.

Just stick to good cover decoy works wonders its just as annoying as a car not rendering or walking around a corner to get blasted by a cloak user, things that kill you often are usually annoying. Challenge is in finding what kills them.

Most infector users like to frequent the same spots I like to wait for them and at max the infector hits at 45 or 50m most snipers can hit 80+ your just getting too close if you snipe.

Adrena Chrome
05-29-2013, 03:33 PM
You are a moron. I'll take my invader. You can have a grind fragger and an AR. Or any weapon combo of your likeing. I'll smoke you every time. 1v1 me. Send me a friend request.

How about instead of being silly you just challenge yourself with weapons that are not popular and quit crying.[/QUOTE]

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Cars are supposed to render. And if shotty cloak guys misses he's dead. infector's don't have a good work around. the bugs kill people you never shot at. I shoot npc's just to make bugs!! Super lame but an army of those guys and you are untouchable.

My point exactlly, its not tht im being killed because i alway stay xx/x and with infectors im even better, it just take no skill to use them. i know if they were nerfed PvP would lose alot of ppl but most of them are noobs anyway. ><

Mostly Slow Joe
05-29-2013, 03:39 PM
You are a moron. I'll take my invader. You can have a grind fragger and an AR. Or any weapon combo of your likeing. I'll smoke you every time. 1v1 me. Send me a friend request.

This is the REAL problem when people talk about infectors I would say more then half do NOT know what they are talking about becuase they simply have never used the weapon.

Trust me the long ranged infector "shoot me from a mile away" is not the one killing you that one sucks balls....Like this guy here said the Invader or what I like to just call Vader is the one killing you and you have to be almost RIGHT on a person to kill them about as close as a shotgun.

As far as which is cheaper the Vader or the shotgun? I'll leave that to the gods to deside both are pretty ****ing cheap if you ask me.

mikepaul
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't do much PvP, but I don't use my Incubator when I do.

See, even at Level 18 where I am now, it has limited range. Plenty of shots take a curved path over the target when it's too far away, which really annoys me because it looks they are programmed to avoid hitting anything even if I was to aim lower. Shooting at the attached hellion at an arkfall sometimes works OK, but not if it's just peeking over the side I'm on.

Perhaps some other model of Infector is what needs a nerf? I'm grooming my orange Afflictor for post-Level-20 use, with all Level III mods. 27 shots in full-auto, 1.15x bug damage, .85 bloom. Hoping it still does the job I need done: bug kills while I run elsewhere.

Now, they *did* nerf bug damage the other day. Cut 50 damage points off what a bug does per bite. Not a thrill that 10% of my damage disappeared as I'm still grinding to get Innoculators finished, but I can live with it as long as Dark Matter troops still die as I shoot through their shields and bug them to death...

Deadeye Horizon
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
No more nerfs just bring back the shotguns the way they were or at least bring them back up a bit.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 03:58 PM
No more nerfs just bring back the shotguns the way they were or at least bring them back up a bit.

That could work lol xD, aslong as infectors arent the only good wep to pvp with. well im not going to say there the only good ones but there by far the best.

Aycid
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Ok i know there are prabobly many more threads like this one.. Infectors are in serious need of a good nerf.. first of all they hit u from like half way across the freaking universe and they kill u in like 3 secs, and on top of that you dont even really need to aim. The homing range for tht weapon serious need to be cut in half. Atleast with the shotgun your oppnent actaully have to sneak up on you and to get kill, with infector ppl just spray, "no skill" "no aim" and gets kills like wth... and whats even the point of a sniper rifle if ppl have those OP infector.... that thing is bacially a homing automatic sniper rifle with the power of a SAW.. it ruins PvP and yes i used it i went 15/0 before i was killed, its no fun to even get kills with and its ruining PvP.... for me atleast :(

Yes infectors are OP there is no doubt about it, but your posting in the wrong forum.

You will get a better palaver there.

PS.
to the people who dont think infectors are OP, stop lying to yourself.

And if you still dont Believe it, wait until you can duel each other 1v1. I will use an infector, and you can use any other weapon you want and we will see who wins? if anyone is up for the challenge send me a PM when the duel option is available :)

Someone should also do this on the US server, show these infector nubs the truth when duel is available...

Saravind
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
infector bullets have very low velocity if your paying any attention you can actually roll before they hit you..... there rof and mag capacity and low velocity balance them perfectly fine vs the higher rof and actual near instant velocity of nearly every other weapon

plus if your perks are set out for max dmg then yes the bugs will rofl all over you but so will anything in its intended usage capacity if you dont notice said person before they fire

DOOM996
05-29-2013, 04:00 PM
I use a Immunizer and it definitely is OP, especially with Tier 3 attachements, but i give a rats *** who kills me or with which gun.

Slopiseconds
05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Take your shtako elsewhere. You're one of those needler haters from halo aren't you? The infector in question says anti-sniper role in the description. Its a feature of the game. Quit your complaining and play the game. Stop asking for changes and just let them focus on the bugs. G T F O

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Infectors were useless in pve before the original nerf. Now theyre just completely unuseable crap. Ivunderstand in pvp they could be called op. But so is the shotgun and cloak. If pvp whiners keep nerfing guns in this game, then pve will be a total joke. And btw, only immunizers(anti-sniper) infectors can hit you from across the map. If we were all smart wed start a petition for seperate stats for pve/pvp. Its the ONLY WAY one side will not ruin the other untill this whole game becomes a joke. Because if infectors get nerfed qgain, hen they should just take them out of the game, and if they get then shotguns and cloak better damn well get a nerf hardcore.......see where this nerfing trend is headed. Everything will get dumbed down until its all laughable at best. Dont like it? Well then stop these threads. Because your adding to the downfall. The only option is to have seperate stats for both sides. Something will ALWAYS be overpowered unless everything in this game is balanced.....and no one seems to want that.

Learn to combat certain builds, there are ways to beat any op setup. But stop crying nerf. The end result is shyt

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
infector bullets have very low velocity if your paying any attention you can actually roll before they hit you..... there rof and mag capacity and low velocity balance them perfectly fine vs the higher rof and actual near instant velocity of nearly every other weapon

plus if your perks are set out for max dmg then yes the bugs will rofl all over you but so will anything in its intended usage capacity if you dont notice said person before they fire

You cant get any kills by rolling around wth lol.... by that time u would have cought a grenade and its not like u would dodge them all they lock on to you or something, i have kill ppl cloak just sprayed the area and once there hit u can see them, while there rolling there getting lit up and there goes my eazy kill.

Adrena Chrome
05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
I try to be that way. But it seems so cheap when I can light up one person with my invader and run away while my bugs kill two more. But in the same instance I can pull out my orange longshot cannon with deadly cascade and maybe kill one guy before the other two get me. I don't know about you but I like blowing things up. Blowing them across the room with my shotty. Not waiting to see how many my bugs can kill.

I use a Immunizer and it definitely is OP, especially with Tier 3 attachements but i give a rats *** who kills me or with which gun.

Adrena Chrome
05-29-2013, 04:19 PM
You are obviously talking to the wrong people. Because it's the noobs who called for the shotgun nerf that started this whole thing. I used to counter the infector with either shotty, or rocket. now the only thing left is the infector!! I don't want more nerfs. I want my shotty back. I've started several threads about powering up not down for balance. But no one listens.

Infectors were useless in pve before the original nerf. Now theyre just completely unuseable crap. Ivunderstand in pvp they could be called op. But so is the shotgun and cloak. If pvp whiners keep nerfing guns in this game, then pve will be a total joke. And btw, only immunizers(anti-sniper) infectors can hit you from across the map. If we were all smart wed start a petition for seperate stats for pve/pvp. Its the ONLY WAY one side will not ruin the other untill this whole game becomes a joke. Because if infectors get nerfed qgain, hen they should just take them out of the game, and if they get then shotguns and cloak better damn well get a nerf hardcore.......see where this nerfing trend is headed. Everything will get dumbed down until its all laughable at best. Dont like it? Well then stop these threads. Because your adding to the downfall. The only option is to have seperate stats for both sides. Something will ALWAYS be overpowered unless everything in this game is balanced.....and no one seems to want that.

Learn to combat certain builds, there are ways to beat any op setup. But stop crying nerf. The end result is shyt

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 04:19 PM

I could care less if everthing in game was nerfed if they took out shotties i would just use AR (no one can outaim me) ive cought ppl in mid air im going to always be beastly aslong as there is some skill involed and with tht infector there isnt. the only way pvp will be a joke to ppl is because u all want eazy kills. the fact of the matter is if everything is on par with everything PvP cant be a "joke" skilled players will win and that all there is to it. im a pretty good player and i dont see a way around tht infector ****. deathmatch not so bad, capture and hold.... its rediculous. and if u doubt plz let me know im willing to show you lol

Anaxes16
05-29-2013, 04:20 PM

agreed, Just play the game.

fang1192
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Infectors were useless in pve before the original nerf. Now theyre just completely unuseable crap.
Because PvE is so difficult. /sarcasm.
Ivunderstand in pvp they could be called op. But so is the shotgun and cloak.
Which is why we want to balance cloak and wanted shotgun balanced as well. 2 OP builds is not variety.
If pvp whiners keep nerfing guns in this game, then pve will be a total joke.
It already is.
And btw, only immunizers(anti-sniper) infectors can hit you from across the map. If we were all smart wed start a petition for seperate stats for pve/pvp. Its the ONLY WAY one side will not ruin the other untill this whole game becomes a joke.
No argument here other than that might lead to confusion. PvE is a joke.

Because if infectors get nerfed qgain, hen they should just take them out of the game, and if they get then shotguns and cloak better damn well get a nerf hardcore.......see where this nerfing trend is headed.
I so love the slippery slope argument.

Everything will get dumbed down until its all laughable at best. Dont like it? Well then stop these threads. Because your adding to the downfall. The only option is to have seperate stats for both sides. Something will ALWAYS be overpowered unless everything in this game is balanced.....and no one seems to want that.
Balanced =/= dumbed down. 2 OP builds = dumbed down. PvE = dumbed down.

Nice censor bypass. Let me just counter a homing weapon that spawns tracking bugs and DoTs my shields against an opponent who suffers no mobility penalty, and when i can barely aim because a giant growth is blocking 1/2 - 3/4 quarters of my screen.

Bolded replies.

Mostly Slow Joe
05-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes infectors are OP there is no doubt about it, but your posting in the wrong forum.

You will get a better palaver there.

PS.
to the people who dont think infectors are OP, stop lying to yourself.

And if you still dont Believe it, wait until you can duel each other 1v1. I will use an infector, and you can use any other weapon you want and we will see who wins? if anyone is up for the challenge send me a PM when the duel option is available :)

Someone should also do this on the US server, show these infector nubs the truth when duel is available...

Trouble I have with this statement and the topic is you are lumping all infectors into this "oped trash".Its only the Invader that is Oped , the outbreak isnt killing anyone the incubator isnt killing anyone.....

Infectors list
*infector
*Afflictor
*Outbreaker
*Innoculator
*Incubator
*Invader <----The one really killing everyone.
*Immunizer
*Canker

It seems people are saying they are dieing from far away? No the invader only has a short short range and even the bugs only have a ranger on 20 yards.

What seems to be happening is someone is switching guns on you in the middle of battle and you just can not tell becuase you have no idea about Infectors...The gun that has a bug ranger of 40 shoots slow as hell no way thats killing you unless you are just bad at pvp or have no shields on.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Bolded replies.

LMFAO!!! this post had dying lol xD true though

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 04:33 PM

Must be a cloak/shotgun user. Infectors/decoy are the most easy cloak/shotgun counter. go play CoD if you want truly unbalanced guns.

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Wait a minute.. I thought shotguns were overpowered. Do you mean to tell me that there's ANOTHER weapon that's now OP? Who'd have thought...

and this my friends is why 'nerfing' weapons does not fix a non existent 'balance' problem, it only moves the majority to another effective weapon - until of course that gets 'nerfed' which, obviously, leads the majority to another and another and you guessed yet another weapon. I would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you who have cried and will continue to cry over this issue for essentially dumbing the game down to the point where nothing will eventually have an advantage over anything.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
In defiance Nerfing pisses off the people who only PvE. why do we get screwed because one weapon is over used in PvP?

Firetalion
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Huh. I just thought they were annoying to use myself. And they already have been nurfed once... not to mention it usually bothers me about as much as fire weapons do in PvP, which is not much at all. I don't see them over-killing me.

Although I must admit what is really annoying is when it kills your cloak, haha.

SensaiDoom
05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Wait a minute.. I thought shotguns were overpowered. Do you mean to tell me that there's ANOTHER weapon that's now OP? Who'd have thought...

and this my friends is why 'nerfing' weapons does not fix a non existent 'balance' problem, it only moves the majority to another effective weapon - until of course that gets 'nerfed' which, obviously, leads the majority to another and another and you guessed yet another weapon. I would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you who have cried and will continue to cry over this issue for essentially dumbing the game down to the point where nothing will eventually have an advantage over anything.

The re-introduction of freight yard means a lot more people are playing a large PvP map. The previous maps suited the close quarters shotguns, which combined with cloak was very powerful. Now the 40-48m auto tracking immunizers are causing issues, as the map is bigger.

It is pretty insane that a gun that requires minimal aim, and is effective up to 48 metres, is in this games PvP.

Adrena Chrome
05-29-2013, 04:48 PM
yes they used to be a nice offset. I hated bug guns before. But now that they took my shotty I guess I'm jealous of the bug shooter. I can get just as many kills invader cloak as shotty cloak. Actually I die less now. The invader is superior to my prenerf shotty. But i never complained b4. I just don't like using it. I don't die from it. I think that is where we are going wrong here. People don't understand. I'm not mad cause I got killed bye it. I don't like the weapon. Period.

Must be a cloak/shotgun user. Infectors/decoy are the most easy cloak/shotgun counter. go play CoD if you want truly unbalanced guns.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 04:48 PM
The re-introduction of freight yard means a lot more people are playing a large PvP map. The previous maps suited the close quarters shotguns, which combined with cloak was very powerful. Now the 40-48m auto tracking immunizers are causing issues, as the map is bigger.

It is pretty insane that a gun that requires minimal aim, and is effective up to 48 metres, is in this games PvP.

How about CoD:BL2 with a scope that would highlight the other team in red boxes when they came into your view. Or Ghost Recon: FS and their auto aim bullet for their sniper class.

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 04:52 PM

That doesn't sound like an issue to me at all, it sounds more to me like a weapon that is useful within that map. Just those who are hellbent on using prefered weapons/perks over the ones that would be the most effective for the given situation are moaning that certain weapons and what not are overpowered just because they got bested by a more effective set up.

As much as I hate to say it for this game. Defiance isn't a use whatever you want and come out top sort of game. The PvE aspect of it.. eh, I'd be 50/50 on that statement in regards to that side of the game. But PvP? Use what's the most effective, not what you prefer - if you really care that much about winning, that is.

Still, if what I said has rustled a few PvP'ers then by all means Trion can make everything equal on the Pvp side of the game and leave PvE alone. Hold on.. if everything is equal, how can I outgun someone?

Nerfing weapons is a dumb move and only those who can't think outside the box resort to crying 'OP! NERF IT NOW!'.

RenegadeGamer
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM

The Cankers,Invaders,Vot Afflictors,Vot Infectors all have a homing range of 10-20 mostly 10. You do have to get fairly close with most infectors to hit your intended target. If your getting hit from long range its an Immunizer it has a homing range of 40 they do not need to be nerfed, the Immunizers are called Anti-Snipers for a reason read the description. Immunizers were made to counter sniping, perhaps snipers should be nerfed too. Most infectors only do 1-5 damage per shot its the d.o.t. thats deadly which can be countered. I dont die in PVP everytime someone uses an infector on me. You need to ask yourself if maybe whoever is killing you is just good at the game,maybe that person is better than you and perhaps its not the weapon itself. You do have to actually aim properly to hit your target I know because I use infectors in pve a lot. Everytime someone gets killed by weapons in this game they complain about how they are o.p. and need to be nerfed. Like one guy said in his reply in this thread-challenge yourself find away to counter it. No one hardly used infectors until the shottys got nerfed. If they nerf the Infectors people will learn to use something else and the crying will continue there are so many weapons,perks and skills to be combined and utilized in this game yet everyone wants the lazy way out and just cries for trion to nerf it. Take the time to learn the right combination of weapons, perks and ego power that works best for you and makes you deadly. I personally use LMG Saws, Assault Rifles and SMGs in PVP so if you get killed by those weapons a lot are you going to say those need to be nerfed too?

fang1192
Shameless plug. I have a balancing idea for Infectors in my sig. Please check it out and leave comments/criticisms - tell me why something is a good or bad idea.

Aztrial

Lol yeah i cant lie i am, but im also like my AR with the scope, close range is my storng point, Infectors are still OP though. and dont misunderstand im not ur avarange shotgun/cloak noob i in deathmatch my main is shotgun capture and hold im most AR & LMG plus shotties were nerfed bad so it tkes abit of skill if u want to go head to head with more then 1 person everyshot have to count or ur dead.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 04:58 PM
That doesn't sound like an issue to me at all, it sounds more to me like a weapon that is useful within that map. Just those who are hellbent on using prefered weapons/perks over the ones that would be the most effective for the given situation are moaning that certain weapons and what not are overpowered just because they got bested by a more effective set up.

As much as I hate to say it for this game. Defiance isn't a use whatever you want and come out top sort of game. The PvE aspect of it.. eh, I'd be 50/50 on that statement in regards to that side of the game. But PvP? Use what's the most effective, not what you prefer - if you really care that much about winning, that is.

Still, if what I said has rustled a few PvP'ers then by all means Trion can make everything equal on the Pvp side of the game and leave PvE alone. Hold on.. if everything is equal, how can I outgun someone?

Nerfing weapons is a dumb move and only those who can't think outside the box resort to crying 'OP! NERF IT NOW!'.

PvE i use what ever i wish to lvl up. PvP it's shotty/BMG/infectors/grenade launcher. i've tried other weapons but they never seem to counter cloak/shotty or the infectors.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:01 PM
The Cankers,Invaders,Vot Afflictors,Vot Infecters all have a homing range of 10-20 mostly 20. The Imminizer has a homing range of 40, you do have to actually get close with alot of the Infectors I know because I use them in PVE all the time th\ey do not need to be nerfed, the Immunizers are called Anti-Snipers for a reason read the description. Everytime someone gets killed by weapons in this game everyone cries about how they need to get nerfed. Like one guy said in his reply challenge yourself find away to counter it. No one hardly used infectors until the shottys got nerfed. If they nerf that people will just use something else and the crying will continue there are so many weapons,perks and skills to be combined and utilized in this game yet everyone wants the easy way out and just cries for trion to nerf it.

Danm u are sooooo right, since they have the range of a sniper its only right tht they remove the homing effect and make it to where u actually have to aim like a sniper rifle. it does to much is what im saying, ok keep the range but its not only the range tht make this wep OP its everything build into one gun...

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
In defiance Nerfing pisses off the people who only PvE. why do we get screwed because one weapon is over used in PvP?

Lol i never thought of it this way x.x but ur right

Turantula
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
How about CoD:BL2 with a scope that would highlight the other team in red boxes when they came into your view. Or Ghost Recon: FS and their auto aim bullet for their sniper class.

Um, dont they have cold blooded to counter that on COD? People can what about this and what about that in other games all they want. I dont think the OP wants the damaged nerfed, but seriously how is it fair you have to aim every other gun to be somewhat on target, and the infectors can pretty much be shot in a celebratory fire circle and grant you a triple kill. Let's be for real. A gun that you dont even have to remotely aim closely to a person to get hit markers is obviously OP.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Lol i never thought of it this way x.x but ur right

on yes never think that people are sick of multiplayer. oh no no-one play single player games........wow.....just wow. prime example is the new Tomb Raider. Good game but arse Multiplayer.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Um, dont they have cold blooded to counter that on COD? People can what about this and what about that in other games all they want. I dont think the OP wants the damaged nerfed, but seriously how is it fair you have to aim every other gun to be somewhat on target, and the infectors can pretty much be shot in a celebratory fire circle and grant you a triple kill. Let's be for real. A gun that you dont even have to remotely aim closely to a person to get hit markers is obviously OP.

Really? most of the time when i use it they sometimes can dodge it by using cover.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Really? most of the time when i use it they sometimes can dodge it by using cover.

yea only way to beat it is to run from it lol, can u call tht beating it though? well sometime if there close enough u can kill them with SAW but far away no aim is needed they can keep hitting you/ jump around or whatever without even losing aim, the wep is OP

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:19 PM
yea only way to beat it is to run from it lol, can u call tht beating it though? well sometime if there close enough u can kill them with SAW but far away no aim is needed they can keep hitting you/ jump around or whatever without even losing aim, the wep is OP

it's the most easy way. damm people don't seem to know how to break line of sight.

Turantula
05-29-2013, 05:27 PM

Thats why its called cover? I mean really? Lol who is shooting at people while they are in cover on a regular basis? The people getting caught with these are usually moving about the map trying to get drom A to B not the ones hunkered down in one spot. But I don't think people realize how much people level up these infectors that absolutely wreck with them. My level 5 infector is no match for someones level 20 just like every other weapon. I personally dont have a problem with em, I usually run assault and rocket launcher, and finish well in the positives; but making the hit box a tad bit tighter on them and shortening the distance an immunizer can reach will not kill the PVE aspect at all. I dont see why people cant see the gripe is not with the damage irs the fact that its an aimless weapon for derps who cant get their hand eye cordination together. But alass derps need love too I suppose lol.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
it's the most easy way. damm people don't seem to know how to break line of sight.

its rlly hard when u got **** following you lol, not saying its unbeatable, but its alot better then any of thee other weps in PvP at the moment

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Thats why its called cover? I mean really? Lol who is shooting at people while they are in cover on a regular basis? The people getting caught with these are usually moving about the map trying to get drom A to B not the ones hunkered down in one spot. But I don't think people realize how much people level up these infectors that absolutely wreck with them. My level 5 infector is no match for someones level 20 just like every other weapon. I personally dont have a problem with em, I usually run assault and rocket launcher, and finish well in the positives; but making the hit box a tad bit tighter on them and shortening the distance an immunizer can reach will not kill the PVE aspect at all. I dont see why people cant see the gripe is not with the damage irs the fact that its an aimless weapon for derps who cant get their hand eye cordination together. But alass derps need love too I suppose lol.

I like to hit my bad guys with my infectors from across the road not in their face where they can wreak me. Hit box tighter sure, could make then a little be less accurate at longer range but reducing the range will kill the infectors. they are not a CQB weapon like a shotty or Smg. their a mid-somewhat long range weapon.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:31 PM
its rlly hard when u got **** following you lol, not saying its unbeatable, but its alot better then any of thee other weps in PvP at the moment

shooting them works. probably blur and grenades that have a short timer.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
I like to hit my bad guys with my infectors from across the road not in their face where they can wreak me. Hit box tighter sure, could make then a little be less accurate at longer range but reducing the range will kill the infectors. they are not a CQB weapon like a shotty or Smg. their a mid-somewhat long range weapon.

Need to give it a normal bloom thing then, cause right now it just does to much, if u had to aim with it and it kept range tht would be fine, and wouldnt hurt PvE at all.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Need to give it a normal bloom thing then, cause right now it just does to much, if u had to aim with it and it kept range tht would be fine, and wouldnt hurt PvE at all.

make it so when you scope in with it it has better auto aim then hip fired. i'd say that would fix it?

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
shooting them works. probably blur and grenades that have a short timer.

lmao no offence but i dont think you play PvP

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:35 PM
lmao no offence but i dont think you play PvP

correct term would be did. alas the cloak/shotty club forced me out. even after i adapted i couldn't stand it.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
correct term would be did. alas the cloak/shotty club forced me out. even after i adapted i couldn't stand it.

lmao u should see it now, i think its even worse u thought u cloak/shotty was bad play a capture and hold match.... lol

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:41 PM
lmao u should see it now, i think its even worse u thought u cloak/shotty was bad play a capture and hold match.... lol

have it's better. freight yard has range so snipers can set up. till infectors rule it.

Turantula
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM

I was only saying maybe tweak the immunizers range all others are fine by me, but now that I think about it its not even so much the weapon; perks and mods probably play the biggest part in how "OP" that damn weapon can be.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I was only saying maybe tweak the immunizers range all others are fine by me, but now that I think about it its not even so much the weapon; perks and mods probably play the biggest part in how "OP" that damn weapon can be.

don't think there's perks for it. i'd say make the hip fire way less accurate and scope in more accurate.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 05:56 PM
don't think there's perks for it. i'd say make the hip fire way less accurate and scope in more accurate.

yeah that would be a start but it wouldnt matter anyway because it homes on to its target

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 05:56 PM
But now that I think about it its not even so much the weapon; perks and mods probably play the biggest part in how "OP" all weapons can be.

This is what makes or breaks your set up, the weapons are fine on their own without any add ons associated with perks. I'll put my money where my mouth is and say this is probably the reason why all those who cry about weapons being overpowered have done so. That's not even taking into consideration the level of which said weapon that killed you was even at or whatever 'skill' that player that killed you seems to think they have.

This isn't a typical 'FPS' the combinations with perks and weapons are substantial if you actually look into it in depth. I can only hope that Trion can figure this out before they run this game into the ground similar to what DICE done with BF3 due to their forums.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
yeah that would be a start but it wouldnt matter anyway because it homes on to its target

yes it would the homing on hip fire would be utter garbage past range of 20. scoped in it would home to the full range. infector fixed. give me a job Trion. i bet i could use simple measures to fix weapons and weapon combos.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 06:03 PM
i argee with this , but ppl need to stop lying some weps are just better then others and some weps are to much better then others, that like me saying i can outdamge someone using a SAW while i have and Handgun.... ppl stop lying and be honest with ur self, the reason ppl use the wep is because its overpower pointblank.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 06:05 PM
yes it would the homing on hip fire would be utter garbage past range of 20. scoped in it would home to the full range. infector fixed. give me a job Trion. i bet i could use simple measures to fix weapons and weapon combos.

i love the idea, but an homing/automatic wep should not have tht much range.... at all

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM
i argee with this , but ppl need to stop lying some weps are just better then others and some weps are to much better then others, that like me saying i can outdamge someone using a SAW while i have and Handgun.... ppl stop lying and be honest with ur self, the reason ppl use the wep is because its overpower pointblank.

and thats why Black ops 2 everyone uses either smg's or shottys most of the time. i prefer to use the Votan guns but their damage output suck most of the time.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
i love the idea, but an homing/automatic wep should not have tht much range.... at all

Try a sniper from ghost recon:FS i unlocked the auto aim bullet and can sit at my spawn on one map and the the other team as they leave theirs. Infector range is way less.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Try a sniper from ghost recon:FS i unlocked the auto aim bullet and can sit at my spawn on one map and the the other team as they leave theirs. Infector range is way less.

Yeah they do have weakness but see how with sniper u have to find spot and wait, with infector yyou can do it all move, shadow war what i did was hide in tree, when i seen red target i spayed i didnt even need to aim and he couldnt even see when he was getting hit from, its so cheap x.x

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 06:14 PM

Half of these posts don't even make sense.

Weapons are meant to be unbalanced, if every weapon was balanced they would all do the exact same amount of damage as each other regardless of what 'role' or purpose they're meant to serve. Explain to me how, if this was the case, that if all weapons were balanced (AKA. Useless.) how exactly the outcome of games would be determined? The only way to truly balance weapons is by having them unbalanced.

This idiotic notion that certain weapons that overpower another weapon which is inferior to it being bad is quite simply moronic. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. You are meant to use what's the most effective setup in order to best an opponent in.. well, anything.

Here's a simplistic example for those of you who will fail to understand what I'm saying:

How do you win a game of chess?
There's your answer.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah they do have weakness but see how with sniper u have to find spot and wait, with infector yyou can do it all move, shadow war what i did was hide in tree, when i seen red target i spayed i didnt even need to aim and he couldnt even see when he was getting hit from, its so cheap x.x

you also need to wait about 5 sec's for it to lock onto their head. i'll agree most players use it cheaply in PvP but so is the shotty.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:16 PM

Weapons are meant to be unbalanced, if every weapon was balanced they would all do the exact same amount of damage as each other regardless of what 'role' or purpose they're meant to serve. Explain to me how, if this was the case, that if all weapons were balanced (AKA. Useless.) how exactly the outcome of games would be determined? The only way to truly balance weapons is by having them unbalanced.

This idiotic notion that certain weapons that overpower another weapon which is inferior to it being bad is quite simply moronic. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. You are meant to use what's the most effective setup in order to best an opponent in.. well, anything.

Here's a simplistic example for those of you who will fail to understand what I'm saying:

There's your answer.

sorry....kinda having fun with this.

Play R.U.S.E.

ScarfacedBuddha
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM
I only read the OP, and realize that this is in terms of PVP and not the PVE aspect of the game. But please god don't nerf the gun for players like me who don't play anything PVP. It is not an overpowered weapon in terms of Arkfalls, Story Missions or Co-op missions at all. You're asking a gun to be nerfed because of one aspect of a huge game. And they've done this a few times to appease those who play PVP which I understand. But until they nerf them only for PVP, it's not really fair to the rest of us.

Aztrial
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM

There's your answer.

So u do argee that the infector is OP? right

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I only read the OP, and realize that this is in terms of PVP and not the PVE aspect of the game. But please god don't nerf the gun for players like me who don't play anything PVP. It is not an overpowered weapon in terms of Arkfalls, Story Missions or Co-op missions at all. You're asking a gun to be nerfed because of one aspect of a huge game. And they've done this a few times to appease those who play PVP which I understand. But until they nerf them only for PVP, it's not really fair to the rest of us.

I'm in the same boat as you buddy. i hate it when Trion knee jerks nerf a weapon because it's OP in PvP and becomes utter garbage in PvE. so over it.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM

but then the Syphon Nano is OP as well.

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 06:30 PM

Every weapon is overpowered, this is entirely dependant on the layout of the map and what weapons said layout will accommodate for. Honestly, if this... new age gaming 'plague' is never going to end on this forum just design more diverse maps for PvP. Nerfing weapons will NEVER fix this problem as there will ALWAYS be one that is better due to the yin and yang of weapons being disturbed by those who don't understand the concept of how it has and will always work.

Do I think infectors should be nerfed? No. Why? It would be stupid to do so for any weapon, unless Trion wants to run their game into the ground.

Look at the shotgun, people were complaining about it since day one when the game was out. Why? Because they were getting killed more often by them? Of course they were, nearly all of the PvP maps accomodated and promoted the use of shotguns because they were CQC centric maps. Only a complete idiot would use an AR on a map that shotguns run dominance on.

Likewise for any other weapon that people are going to cry about because they don't understand how to think outside the box but instead resort to crying like little babies and throwing temper tantrums until their parents give in to their persistent annoyance just to shut them up. This is how I see you type of people, babies throwing a temper tantrum.

The only solution for this 'problem'. I wouldn't even call it a problem, more a lack of common sense in the majority of these supposed 'L33T' PvP'ers. The only way to 'fix' this is by adding maps which combine different types of chokepoints or weapon specific areas that would promote the use of whatever weapon Trion would want to promote in that map.

Nerfing will NEVER fix this.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Every weapon is overpowered, this is entirely dependant on the layout of the map and what weapons said layout will accommodate for. Honestly, if this... new age gaming 'plague' is never going to end on this forum just design more diverse maps for PvP. Nerfing weapons will NEVER fix this problem as there will ALWAYS be one that is better due to the yin and yang of weapons being disturbed by those who don't understand the concept of how it has and will always work.

Do I think infectors should be nerfed? No. Why? It would be stupid to do so for any weapon, unless Trion wants to run their game into the ground.

Look at the shotgun, people were complaining about it since day one when the game was out. Why? Because they were getting killed more often by them? Of course they were, nearly all of the PvP maps accomodated and promoted the use of shotguns because they were CQC centric maps. Only a complete idiot would use an AR on a map that shotguns run dominance on.

Likewise for any other weapon that people are going to cry about because they don't understand how to think outside the box but instead resort to crying like little babies and throwing temper tantrums until their parents give in to their persistent annoyance just to shut them up. This is how I see you type of people, babies throwing a temper tantrum.

The only solution for this 'problem'. I wouldn't even call it a problem, more a lack of common sense in the majority of these supposed 'L33T' PvP'ers. The only way to 'fix' this is by adding maps which combine different types of chokepoints or weapon specific areas that would promote the use of whatever weapon Trion would want to promote in that map.

Nerfing will NEVER fix this.

Syphon Nano tears most baddies even Nim with ease.

Turantula
05-29-2013, 06:52 PM
They should have left the shottys alone, the only reason they were nerfed was cuz of the damn cloak. Imagine if there was cloak in battlefeild or COD; oh the hilarious insanity that would occur! Funny thing is no one said a damn thing about HALO's cloak and shotty combo, well im sure they have but bungee didn't cave. Then again its campaign wasnt running with its multiplayer simultaneously. Anyway you allready know somethings coming, pretty doon every gun will be doing 1 damage per shot, and pvps will start lookin like soccer scores. ...gooooooaaaaaalllll!!!!

Turantula
05-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Syphon Nano tears most baddies even Nim with ease.

This^ even a mazu can be pretty devastating with siphon.

fang1192
05-29-2013, 06:59 PM

There's your answer.

You do realize there is more than one type of balance right?

Chess has symmetric balance - both you and your opponent have equivalent pieces and legal moves.
Defiance has asymmetric balance - at any given time, you and your opponent have different pieces and different moves.

The problem is that the infector has little to no weaknesses, shotguns can have their weakness nullified, but ARs, LMGs, SRs, SMGs to a lesser extent, have more weaknesses than strengths. Weapons should be superior and inferior qualities and perform better or worse in different situations, there should not be a clear winner in terms of effectiveness in all situations - thats how you make a game boring.

Your understanding of balance is lacking, and your simplistic example does nothing for your argument because it is of a completely different genre. Balance does not mean everything is the same, balance means every option/route is viable.

fang1192
05-29-2013, 07:02 PM
They should have left the shottys alone, the only reason they were nerfed was cuz of the damn cloak. Imagine if there was cloak in battlefeild or COD; oh the hilarious insanity that would occur! Funny thing is no one said a damn thing about HALO's cloak and shotty combo, well im sure they have but bungee didn't cave. Then again its campaign wasnt running with its multiplayer simultaneously. Anyway you allready know somethings coming, pretty doon every gun will be doing 1 damage per shot, and pvps will start lookin like soccer scores. ...gooooooaaaaaalllll!!!!

In Halo i can see someone in Cloak. In this game, cloak wipes you from the face of the Earth.

Dave Blackwell
05-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Your simplistic example does nothing for your argument because it is of a completely different genre.

The keyword which is causing me to become reluctant to reply to almost anything you post. This is no arguement. But I'll show mercy as I'm well aware of how a minority in a forum can destroy a game for the silent majority who are too busy enjoying themselves to worry about such a trivial thing.

You do realize there is more than one type of balance right?

I'm aware of the differences in it. However, explain how a game can be won through having everything being equal where they essentially do identical damage? This is what most who cry OP want and I know that as I've left BF3 for the same reason, one reason for which I doubt I'll even consider wasting my money on BF4 as I know the same will happen with that after the first few months.

Chess has symmetric balance - both you and your opponent have equivalent pieces and legal moves.
Defiance has asymmetric balance - at any given time, you and your opponent have different pieces and different moves.

I didn't mean in the literal sense as to how chess is played in regards to its balance. My example was to show that you should think before your next move in regards to PvP. As in, take a look at your perks: modify your setup so that it benefits you exactly how you want it to. Think about what the map layout is like, what weapons would be more dominant as opposed to another?

The problem is that the infector has little to no weaknesses, shotguns can have their weakness nullified, but ARs, LMGs, SRs, SMGs to a lesser extent, have more weaknesses than strengths. Weapons should be superior and inferior qualities and perform better or worse in different situations, there should not be a clear winner in terms of effectiveness in all situations - thats how you make a game boring.

That's how it works unfortunately when it comes to weapons, there's always going to be one that you won't like because it'll best you regardless. This is what I meant by disturbing the yin and yang of balance that weapons have always had.

Once you nerf one weapon, everyone who used that is going to move to another. Due to the increased use of that new weapon, the same idiots that cried over the shotguns dominating (which they should have) will start crying over the next and then the next one, the one after that and before you know it every single weapon is useless and can't be used to overpower what it should overpower. Honestly, how people don't realise that nerfing weapons is going to lead to this is disappointing.

Mark my words, if Trion doesn't realize it's the map design that determines what's 'OP' you who is reading this, your weapon will eventually be next - mine has already been done. Infectors are the next to possibly lose to this idiotic behavior, however I'm hoping Trion doesn't follow the footsteps of DICE.

You mentioned that ARs, LMGs, SRs, SMGs have more weaknesses now, right? Let me show how this is going to unfold if this continues. One by one, each and every weapon will gradually be reduced to uselessness and you see those weapons you just considered to have more weaknesses? They'll be the 'OP' ones when their time comes and then they'll get the same response and treatment as their predecessors.

What do you get? A game that had great potential but was run into the ground because of its forum.

This is why nerfing will never fix this.

Turantula
05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
The devs at DICE actually played their game...a lot. Defiance im not so sure. With all the tomfoolery thats happened with these patches you would think they would be itching to have a "game with devs" weekend or something, which DICE has had plenty of.

Cephious
05-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Only thing I can kill an infector noob with is a grenade, another infector. Or get on your atv and run!!! Super lame. I started a thread about this too right b4 I read yours.

And this would make YOU a noob...if you can only "kill an infector noob with" a grenade or another infector---then I'm sorry bud but you should probably try playing this game a bit differently, or longer at least.

fang1192
05-29-2013, 10:20 PM
The keyword which is causing me to become reluctant to reply to almost anything you post. This is no arguement. But I'll show mercy as I'm well aware of how a minority in a forum can destroy a game for the silent majority who are too busy enjoying themselves to worry about such a trivial thing.

You made a point and you are defending it. That is an argument. But please continue to be condescending.

I'm aware of the differences in it. However, explain how a game can be won through having everything being equal where they essentially do identical damage? This is what most who cry OP want and I know that as I've left BF3 for the same reason, one reason for which I doubt I'll even consider wasting my money on BF4 as I know the same will happen with that after the first few months.

I'm not arguing for everything to be the same or do the same damage. I'm arguing for weapons to fill niches.

I didn't mean in the literal sense as to how chess is played in regards to its balance. My example was to show that you should think before your next move in regards to PvP. As in, take a look at your perks: modify your setup so that it benefits you exactly how you want it to. Think about what the map layout is like, what weapons would be more dominant as opposed to another?

More than half the perks are useless in PvP due to mechanics, and due to how PvP is played. Not much thinking is required.

That's how it works unfortunately when it comes to weapons, there's always going to be one that you won't like because it'll best you regardless. This is what I meant by disturbing the yin and yang of balance that weapons have always had.

I don't mind balancing weapons as long it actually makes the user aim and actually out think and out shoot me. The game shouldn't do the majority of the work for a player.

Once you nerf one weapon, everyone who used that is going to move to another. Due to the increased use of that new weapon, the same idiots that cried over the shotguns dominating (which they should have) will start crying over the next and then the next one, the one after that and before you know it every single weapon is useless and can't be used to overpower what it should overpower. Honestly, how people don't realise that nerfing weapons is going to lead to this is disappointing.

So at risk of losing obsoleting a weapon, we obsolete entire weapon classes. Brilliant.

Mark my words, if Trion doesn't realize it's the map design that determines what's 'OP' you who is reading this, your weapon will eventually be next - mine has already been done. Infectors are the next to possibly lose to this idiotic behavior, however I'm hoping Trion doesn't follow the footsteps of DICE.

Map design is a part, weapon mechanics also play a part in it.

You mentioned that ARs, LMGs, SRs, SMGs have more weaknesses now, right? Let me show how this is going to unfold if this continues. One by one, each and every weapon will gradually be reduced to uselessness and you see those weapons you just considered to have more weaknesses? They'll be the 'OP' ones when their time comes and then they'll get the same response and treatment as their predecessors.

Seriously, has the slippery slope argument ever worked anywhere? It's a horrible fallacy that needs to die.

What do you get? A game that had great potential but was run into the ground because of its forum.

So Devs shouldn't listen to their players?

This is why nerfing will never fix this.
Balancing can though.

Bolded replies.

SensaiDoom
05-30-2013, 01:10 AM

There's your answer.

Sorry, but I am starting to believe that you don't actually PvP in this game.

When you have a gun that does great dmg at a huge range, and you don't have to use any precision aiming, then your weapon needs to be tweaked. Yes, there will always be weapons best in certain situations and ranges, but they should still require effort!

I have used all weapon types in the game to PvP, and no weapon requires as little effort as the infectors (mainly immunizer) to get kills.

Turantula
05-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Either way people will get better over time. Its all about finding your balance, the problem is people are scared to post bad scores in a game where it doesn't even matter. PVP is only good till the pursuits are done; its not what this game is even revolved around. Once folks can get out of the COD/BF3/HALO mindset and just play it for what it is (a mode needed to fulfill pursuit check boxes) youll probably have a lot more fun. The fact people take Defiances PVP mode so seriously is too funny. Why not play a game where your stats actually matter?

Enundr
05-30-2013, 02:25 AM
lol infectors op? they seem about as balanced as shotgun + cloak to me , both are annoying but theyre guns , if theyre not killing you then theres something wrong (assuming the person is actually shooting you). seriously ive never had that much of an issue fighting them either , i just toss on a shotgun and have my way with them. im left hurting after i get them usually but they shot me , id be surprised if i wasnt hurting after being shot at.

Kain
05-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Infectors already got nerfed once. If they do it again it will make the gun practically unusable.

TurboSquid
05-30-2013, 03:34 AM
Another butthurt infecter thread. I can go to CVS and get some Preperation H if needed.

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 03:55 AM
They're are annoying but so are spanners IMO The old saying goes if you can't beat them then whine and whine some more until they get nerfed and we all run around with potato guns.

TurboSquid
05-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Yeah you can't stop the whining...

And what you got against potato guns? I had a 7ft propane powered one when I was younger, I put a hole through my neighbors shed. Need I say more?

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Yeah you can't stop the whining...

And what you got against potato guns? I had a 7ft propane powered one when I was younger, I put a hole through my neighbors shed. Need I say more?

You my friend have too much spare time :D, I feel if I said water gun then I would get another comment about a nuclear powered water pressure cannon that can carve through diamond lol

When I was young I just juggled fire bricks and spat fire for fun I think I missed out :(

TurboSquid
05-30-2013, 04:41 AM
Well when you have an uncle who specializes in industrial high pressure boilers, you kind of get carried away with a simple recreational project.

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Well when you have an uncle who specializes in industrial high pressure boilers, you kind of get carried away with a simple recreational project.

Yeah I can understand I used to strip my TV apart and re build it as a kid lol boredom but I now seem to have a tendency to build static lol Few too many shocks

TurboSquid
05-30-2013, 04:56 AM
I took apart my first engine when I was 14. Father and grandfather were a mechanic by trade. I'm planning on getting certified when I get the money.

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 05:00 AM
I took apart my first engine when I was 14. Father and grandfather were a mechanic by trade. I'm planning on getting certified when I get the money.

That's awesome and smart I always tell my learners to get a trade or skill set that will always be in demand. Plus it's always better to do a job you love rather than working for the sake of working. Good luck with your certification :)

Kessler
05-30-2013, 05:08 AM
If you use an infector in pvp I automatically think you have no skill what so ever.

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 05:15 AM
If you use an infector in pvp I automatically think you have no skill what so ever.
Why? I use a shotgun/sniper and Cloak does that not mean I have no skill either? The weapon has some homing issues but it's not a skill less weapon.

TurboSquid
05-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Thank you. Funny how we turned a thread about infecter whining into a casual convo. I'm watching the morning news and 24 tornados spawned out west over the course of the night. A new virus that killed 30 ppl and is incurable has been found in the middle east. Chinese hackers stole 29 blueprints including the f35 and rail guns from the us military. My end of the world theory needs revising...lol

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 05:23 AM
Lmao well it was easy to convert it just takes a few non aggressive comments. I already have a road full of End of the World stores (basically a load of shops with all I need to survive if needs be lol) They cover everything as a collective and I shall be more worried at people being able to print guns on 3d printers as that's insane and not fair :(

TurboSquid
05-30-2013, 05:29 AM
You mean Wal-Mart and Cabellas? Check. Both within 3 miles of eachother. And I did hear something about the military wanting to use 3d printers for drones.

PoLeo
05-30-2013, 05:41 AM
I use a Immunizer and it definitely is OP, especially with Tier 3 attachements, but i give a rats *** who kills me or with which gun.

That's the only way it seems OP. With the mod that makes it full auto. I also think the infection time should be lowered slightly. Those bubbles stay on you forever. Besides that, they are fine.

Another thing, its funny how you think PvP in this game requires, "skill". Thanks for the chuckle.

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 05:45 AM
You mean Wal-Mart and Cabellas? Check. Both within 3 miles of eachother. And I did hear something about the military wanting to use 3d printers for drones.

No I mean I have lumber yard, stone masons, Land rover show rooms, super market, gas bottling store, caravan show rooms, garden centre etc and I am not surprised about the military I am concerned that they have half a million plastic coffins near Atlanta airport.

The Tin Man
05-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Hi there!

As this topic has quickly escaped it's intended discussion, we feel the time to say goodbye to this magical thread has come. In the future, please ensure your posts are constructive, and on-topic for the thread. For discussions about stolen blueprints, super tornadoes and 3D printers....

We'll just leave this here (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Off-Topic).

Thanks!