PDA

View Full Version : Okay, enough of this shtako

Umbra Warrior
05-29-2013, 08:09 PM
So, I haven't played Defiance in a day or so. I get back in and and I'm making my way to San Fransisco to finish up the main story when an Ark-Fall pops up. Well, I don't like passing up Ark-Falls, so I start doing it. And guess what? The second fricking crystal glitches! Seriously? The first Ark-Fall I do after a little break and it glitches? I mean, how long has it been since the Ark-Falls were broken? Do they ever plan on fixing it?

Seriously, I could forgive the terrible PvP, but when you break the core mechanic of your game and take more than 2 weeks to fix it, then eat shtako. I'm thinking about just trading this game back to Gamestop and putting the money towards Destiny.

/endrant

Arsenic_Touch
05-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Arkfalls and emergencies are glitching all over the place now.

A s0t
05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
can i have your stuff???

Umbra Warrior
05-29-2013, 08:16 PM
can i have your stuff???

If I do actually leave, I'll probably do a free giveaway.

ralisti
05-29-2013, 08:16 PM
I do not know if the programmers are unwilling or just unable to write decent and solid code.

For every one thing they attempt to fix they usually break two. I am to the point that I have no expectations for this game, because no matter how low you set them, Trion fails to deliver.

baelrusk
05-29-2013, 08:17 PM

Yeah. Whole lot of problems.
From emergencies where you have to kill raiders, but no raiders in sight........to arkfall crystal not registering as being destroyed.

I'm actually waiting for the day they mess up weapon skins. We'll get BMGs that look like SAWs

Nate Murder
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
The crystal glitch started with patch 1.014. It's annoying but oh well. They'll figure it out one day. I don't have any issues with emergencies though.

Myst
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Sadly I have to agree I've noticed some arkfalls glitching on me when I did play a lot before after the recent patch. Before then everything seemed fine though with a fair share of problems of course; but none that broke the arkfalls. Now it's kind of funny also seeing trucks floating in mid air :D

baelrusk
05-29-2013, 08:19 PM
The crystal glitch started with patch 1.014. It's annoying but oh well. They'll figure it out one day. I don't have any issues with emergencies though.

Yeah.....but since 1.02 I've been seeing it happen more often.

Dazz
05-29-2013, 08:24 PM
I do not know if the programmers are unwilling or just unable to write decent and solid code.

For every one thing they attempt to fix they usually break two. I am to the point that I have no expectations for this game, because no matter how low you set them, Trion fails to deliver.

I've been in the business for 35 years. It smells like they have a really poor configuration management system, or none at all. Joe writes code for a new feature, Jim writes a patch to fix a bug, new feature gets released, Jim's patch doesn't make it into the release and so bug is back.

Umbra Warrior
05-29-2013, 08:25 PM

I'm thinking about starting a petition-type thing to get SyFy to get a different developer to work on Defiance from now on. Because in my opinion, Trion's constant F-Ups are driving people away.

Ryan
05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm hopeing all is fixed in due time. I still find the Defiance gameplay fun, and thats all that matters to me currently.

IGears
05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I came back home from work at 6:30pm EST. Even thought i wanted to play Defiance to grind weapons and keys... I found better enjoyment reading the Forums and articles on IGN. I think that's sad that I couldn't find motivation to click an icon on my desktop. its now 11:25pm EST

Umbra Warrior
05-29-2013, 08:31 PM
I came back home from work at 6:30pm EST. Even thought i wanted to play Defiance to grind weapons and keys... I found better enjoyment reading the Forums and articles on IGN. I think that's sad that I couldn't find motivation to click an icon on my desktop. its now 11:25pm EST

Same here. I find more enjoyment in surfing and chatting in Off-Topic than I do in actually playing the game.

Nate Murder
05-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Yeah.....but since 1.02 I've been seeing it happen more often.

That's true. I went to three Arkfalls today where the crystals disappeared. Like I said, it's annoying as hell but I'm hopeful it will be fixed one day...preferably sooner than later.

Umbra Warrior
05-29-2013, 08:51 PM
That's true. I went to three Arkfalls today where the crystals disappeared. Like I said, it's annoying as hell but I'm hopeful it will be fixed one day...preferably sooner than later.

They'll fix the Ark-Falls...but the same update will break vehicles and fast travel so you have to walk everywhere. Oh, and your guns won't ever reload, so you'd have to go to an ammo box to refill your mag.

crasher
05-29-2013, 09:39 PM

Yo, they still broke.

Indra Echo
05-29-2013, 09:49 PM

The thing is any new game (new type and newly released) is bound to have glitches. Heck, even games late to a franchise have glitches that the first game in the franchise had. That being said, it does take awhile for bugs to be worked out and for every one they patch they are bound to introduce new ones. There is not a computer program out there today that is glitch free and anywhere near perfect, so expecting a game of this scope that must work on PCs and consoles to be so is unrealistic.

Yes this game has bugs in it, oh well. Arkfalls glitch, yep so I used it to my advantage and stayed and went hellbug hunting in order to help rank up my SMG and to get in my 2500 arkfall kills-done.

I truly wish that all games would be beyond the beta stage when they are released but the truth is many games today are not even at beta when released. And many of them from big name companies that have been making virtually the same game for as long as the current consoles have been out.

I think that they will work through most of the issues and I think they are trying, whereas most game devs just promote their next (November) release.

IAMREALITY
05-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Dude, it took like 5 days for them to figure out how to get vendors from handing out unlimited free shields. Pretty sure that should give you an idea of how long more complex stuff would take... Just sayin...

Beta582
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
I have loved being an Alpha and Beta tester for End of Nations.
I have heard only good things about Rift (Haven't played it myself unfortunately)
I have Beta tested Defiance.

Defiance is the only game of theirs that is actually lacking and that the Dev's have not really listened to their testers about bugs... Plenty of them poking their ugly heads around have been there since Alpha AND Beta test stages.

Unfortunately, I am kind of disappointed in this game and with Trion because their other games have gotten so much love and this one has kind of flopped so far.

I will, however, remain hopeful that they get their act together and unleash this games true potential!

Hyaku Shiki
05-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Game is horrible. Too many bugs, lack of actual content. Expected so much, got so little. I am definitely never purchasing anything from Trion ever again lol