PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder is apparently terrible on everything but AR/SMG

Ravetown
05-29-2013, 10:12 PM
So I have to weapons I've been testing it on, a ground Pounder, and a immunizer. I slapped 2 rolling Thunder mods on my ground Pounder (one was a +3 mag). So I'm thinking sweet, I'll get one more ammo at least... No sir, I went from 6 mag to 6 mag. It doesn't round up, it rounds down!

Immunizer did exactly what you'd expect, went from 20 mag (I use burst Mod, not mag) to a mammoth 22! Not even a multiple of 5!

In other words, the ammo gains are crummy, and completely worthless on small mag weapons. Move right on past this synergy.

Thoraxe
05-30-2013, 12:55 AM
And this is why I laugh everytime I see that Goo Rocket pod (1shot) at the Crytal Pond shop, that has the Rolling Thunder Synergy. But it's just the way the game roles, Some Synergy/Weapon combo's are perfect, some are completly pointless. Bmg and half the Synergys for example.

Grit
05-30-2013, 06:36 AM
yeah i love how stupid the synergies and the weapons work... i rarely if ever use them. maybe run n gun or brutal that's about it..only other one would be the prepardness one.

Gonz0
05-30-2013, 07:29 AM
yeah i love how stupid the synergies and the weapons work... i rarely if ever use them. maybe run n gun or brutal that's about it..only other one would be the prepardness one.

Have you heard of assassin or do you not aim for crit spots?

Grit
05-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Have you heard of assassin or do you not aim for crit spots?

Yeah i've heard of assassin but i use AR's, LMGs and Shotties... lead down range and center mass for me...sadly the heart isn't a "crit" on games lol

Now an LMG w/Overcharge + Assassin Mods at an Arkfall..that'd be way cool..oh the numbers i could put up with my SAW...

When/IF i use snipers i aim for headshots but honestly the hit detection in this game is off a bit...if i get any SR Assassin mods, they're going to a friend who got an Orange BASR with the Assassin Synergy.

Gonz0
05-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Center mass is fine for the standard class of each race but when you start getting into elite ranks and enemies like blacklung or tankers, crits are necessary. Assassin gives +15% i think to crit and that a lot when base damage is 400+. I play pvp a lot too so that's the difference between victory and death, bro.

Wish assassin mods were easier to find for me... I have no luck. Only found 1 orange and I'm 3200 ego.

FattyMcG33
05-30-2013, 07:45 AM
And this is why I laugh everytime I see that Goo Rocket pod (1shot) at the Crytal Pond shop, that has the Rolling Thunder Synergy. But it's just the way the game roles, Some Synergy/Weapon combo's are perfect, some are completly pointless. Bmg and half the Synergys for example.

Yeah, I got a BMG with Assassin last night lol. Rockin those crits

Grit
05-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Center mass is fine for the standard class of each race but when you start getting into elite ranks and enemies like blacklung or tankers, crits are necessary. Assassin gives +15% i think to crit and that a lot when base damage is 400+. I play pvp a lot too so that's the difference between victory and death, bro.

Wish assassin mods were easier to find for me... I have no luck. Only found 1 orange and I'm 3200 ego.

yeah i've played enough of this game to know whats going on with stuff... jut cracked 2K ego the other day after a week and a half break due to being sick of the game. Ouuu i got me a Cannoneer synergy on a pistol....ouuu i get brutal mods for a sniper..junk is junk and becomes salvage/scrip or i give it away. Trion has too much garbage that can't be matched up with it's needed garbage in order for it to work....well unless you grind for a few thousand hours... too many beers to be drank and real life things to do for this guy.

PVP.. Overcharge + Saw and if that fails Overcharge + Grind fragger..if that fails.. drop grenade at feet and Revenge kill recorded. PvP is more of a LOL Joke to me in this game due to how it ruins the balance in PvE because of people crying...plus the framerate issues in shadowwar make it unplayable at times.