PDA

View Full Version : forum - need to log in all the time

zzzornbringer
05-30-2013, 12:48 AM
hey, i'm using firefox with adblock and noscript. i allow all scripts on this site. yet, i have to log in to the forums almost everytime i open the bookmark. i selected the checkbox to stay loged in and when i click on the log in button, it automatically redirects me, without entering username/password.

is there a setting withing this forum or firefox that enables be to stay logged in? it kind of gets annoying to click on the login button, everytime i browse to the forums which is pretty often.

Nerotic
05-30-2013, 01:20 AM
PS3 browser ... yes I have perfectly good computer just masocistic.. same problem.. no solution but I share your pain.

Wtflag
05-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Is your privacy setting configured to clear cookies whenever you exit the browser?

zzzornbringer
05-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Is your privacy setting configured to clear cookies whenever you exit the browser?

it shouldn't. i don't even know where to set this option. i clicked through all the tabs but i didn't find anything about it. i'm certain there was a option like this but i can't find it. hence, i pretty much run on default settings.

edit: i think cookies are saved anyways. i just cleared all cookies and i had to enter my login credentials after using the login button. before, after i clicked on the login button, it would redirect me automatically without entering username and password. so, i figure there seems to be something wrong with the forum software?!

MacDeath
05-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Hmm, I need to login the first time I visit these forums each day. After that no. I suspect that these forums will log you off after a certain amount of inactivity. The forums show Active Users in the 'Currently Active Users' lists, you should show as active when you aren't. I don't know what the time limit is, I'm a pretty active forum user so I don't fall off until I power down at night.

zambeezi
05-30-2013, 03:52 AM
Same issue here...

Where is the 'Currently Active Users' lists? I can't even see that.

MacDeath
05-30-2013, 04:05 AM
Same issue here...

Where is the 'Currently Active Users' lists? I can't even see that.
From the Defiance forum FAQ which can be found here: http://forums.defiance.com/faq.php

"What is the 'What's Going On?' box on the board home page?

On the board home page you'll see a section at the bottom that tells you what's going on at the moment. It tells you things like the number of registered users online, the number of guests, and even things like birthdays, and forthcoming events."

TechnoSausage
05-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Same for me on laptop and my iphone. Need to login on pretty much every visit.

Also, anyone else have constant freeze ups using there iphone to view the forum? It's almost impossible to use the forum via my phone somedays! I use my phone to browse many forums but this one locks my phone up constantly!

WarDawgUk
05-30-2013, 05:09 AM
Is logging in that annoying? I prefer to be auto logged out when the browser closes but I would also check you privacy settings and make sure your not running on Private browsing as no passwords etc are saved.

squidgod2000
05-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Set your bookmark to forums.defiance.com/login.php?url=forum.php to visit the forums via the login page.

Indolo
05-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Is logging in that annoying?
Logging in all the time isn't annoying. Logging in and getting sent to the main forum page, away from whatever post thread or sub-forum I refreshed is annoying. I don't know if it does that to everyone or if there's something with my browser config that's causing it, but the login button doesn't send me back to whatever page I was at when I pressed it.

zzzornbringer
05-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Set your bookmark to forums.defiance.com/login.php?url=forum.php to visit the forums via the login page.

yea, this redirects me directly to the forums. little annoying, too, but it saves 1 click.

zambeezi
05-30-2013, 07:53 AM
On the board home page you'll see a section at the bottom that tells you what's going on at the moment. It tells you things like the number of registered users online, the number of guests, and even things like birthdays, and forthcoming events."

Thanks. Just had a look and theres nothing showing on mine...