PDA

View Full Version : 100% accuracy........ Really?

killboy66
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok, I know this topic has been addressed before but I think it needs to be brought up again and again until it gets resolved. Why does the enemy a.i. have 100% accuracy from any distance with any weapon? I have accuracy limitations imposed by distance or weapon type so why don't they? Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I'm what you would consider a casual player, but when you throw 10+ enemies at me with what seems like heat seeking ammo, it gets more than a little frustrating.

Please devs, remedy this issue. I'm up for a challenge but this goes way beyond to become a war of attrition I.e. kill a couple guys, die, respawn, kill a couple guys, die, respawn, kill a couple more until their all gone. Not fun just kinda lame when your put up against insurmountable odds.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 10:22 AM
It's to give the illusion of difficulty. If you'll notice, the enemy AI is pretty herp derp
(they improved this drastically with the rogue e-rep guys, they actually felt like a real challenge)

They ramped up the accuracy to make it seem like they're more difficult than they really are.
Can you imagine how even more trivial the game would be if they enemy was restricted by recoil, accuracy, fallout and reloading?

Cavadus
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah, it's an annoying AI shortcut to make mobs more lethal. The game just needs more intelligent enemies period.

Kaoslion
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
I get smoked like this from time to time. If you get encircled it happens I honestly think it should happen more. To make the game more difficult. Maybe even a death penalty of losing ego abilities for 5 min or something.

Gratty
05-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Most things are done lazily in the game, and the AI are no different. The facade of difficulty in time trials for instance, as well as the vast majority of copy+paste done throughout the entire world. I could go on, but you see where I am going with this. Not necessarily complaining, just pointing out the obvious.

Judgement Dave
05-30-2013, 10:26 AM
It's to give the illusion of difficulty. If you'll notice, the enemy AI is pretty herp derp
The AI is incredibly advanced - no other game has the enemy AI mobs play dumb for 2 months to lure the players into a false sense of security.

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 10:27 AM
The AI is incredibly advanced - no other game has the enemy AI mobs play dumb for 2 months to lure the players into a false sense of security.

.....ROFL.

So what you're saying is that this is Skynet and we're screwed?

REDBURN
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM
The enemy is a highly trained and lethal killing machine with a variety of weapons.
Extremely stupid but lethal.

For mobs my best advice to you is this; keep either an incinerator detonator or bonfire rocket launcher equiped in slot 2.The panic caused from being burned prevents almost all enemies from being able to effectively retaliate.You can literally stand beside a horde of dark matter as they burn and scream.
Good times :)

Kiserai
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Enemies do not have complete accuracy. You can easily see this yourself by standing on a hill/ledge and looking down on someone else in a fight. Sniper-types have near-100% accuracy but a long charge-up time, while everything else fires in a cone. Just go look.

Gratty
05-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Enemies do not have complete accuracy. You can easily see this yourself by standing on a hill/ledge and looking down on someone else in a fight. Sniper-types have near-100% accuracy but a long charge-up time, while everything else fires in a cone. Just go look.

We are all playing Defiance, right?

Shtako
05-30-2013, 10:40 AM

I guess if your surrounded and everyone is shooting like they are waving at you with their guns a lot of it will eventually land on you.. ahh good times. =)

CombatCasualty
05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm not a skilled player by any means but during my first story played through I did all the missions and side missions solo and rarely had a problem. I actually died no more than a handful of times. Every now and then I had difficulty when the area removed the options for tactics like on the docks when flanking and and making sure you swept through leaving no routes to be flanked were impossible.

Without being insulting I would just say if someone is having that much trouble it might help to work on different approach methods to combat. I'm a Combat Veteran so what may seem like common sense to me may not be for some but a little research might go a long way. I know it's a game and not similar to real fighting but that doesn't mean things like using range, cover, elevation and tactical retreats aren't adaptable. Weapons are tools and each scenario can benefit from a unique combination of strategy and tool selection. Don't limit yourself. Also try using a different power in each loadout with certain combinations of weapons that compliment them to switch on the fly and adapt. I like to use SAW's for overcharge because of the high damage and huge drum sizes of 110 rounds + and sniper rifles with stealth to hop from vantage point to vantage point and pick off mobs before they can track me down. Those are obviously just my personal choices and they work for me, sometimes. I still try new things all the time because you never really know and I want to have fun with it too. Some people may think they have the "right" combinations figured out but it's going to be different for everyone. I say find some decent combinations of functionality and fun that work for you and screw everyone else's opinions. Fun and functional usually go hand in hand anyway..

Kiserai
05-30-2013, 11:17 AM
We are all playing Defiance, right? Try it. You'll see.

Saravind
05-30-2013, 11:30 AM

i have watched and the person i was watching was my brother and every shot they fired at him he told me through skype they were hitting even the ones 2 foot away from him were doing damage

the visual effect and actual hit marker of the enemies seems very skittish

Gratty
05-30-2013, 11:35 AM
i have watched and the person i was watching was my brother and every shot they fired at him he told me through skype they were hitting even the ones 2 foot away from him were doing damage

the visual effect and actual hit marker of the enemies seems very skittish

Oh indeed. I get hit by enemies that shoot me from around a corner on occasion. It is rather silly.

Saravind
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
im telling you just rush dark matter you have a better chance to survive up close to them baiting them to try melee you and it makes them appear to take there time as if there computing what to do..... dark matter have smgs with fall off dmg + 9000 im telling you 2 dark matter out snipe you pretty damn easy with there smgs....

Random
05-30-2013, 12:37 PM
.....ROFL.

So what you're saying is that this is Skynet and we're screwed?

Fear not, Trion coded it.

The worst it will do is commit war for a few days and then just not spawn ever again.

IGears
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Oh indeed. I get hit by enemies that shoot me from around a corner on occasion. It is rather silly.

lol yep. Elite Blaster from the Raiders do it all the time. They will shoot their rocket at you before they actually turn towards you.

Samyaza
05-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Have you noticed the enemy A.I. Snipers tend to aim for the head... A LOT...

IGears
05-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Fear not, Trion coded it.

The worst it will do is commit war for a few days and then just not spawn ever again.

lol like that V-World in Caprica... what the name of it? (GTA like)

thejx4
05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Ok, I know this topic has been addressed before but I think it needs to be brought up again and again until it gets resolved. Why does the enemy a.i. have 100% accuracy from any distance with any weapon? I have accuracy limitations imposed by distance or weapon type so why don't they? Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I'm what you would consider a casual player, but when you throw 10+ enemies at me with what seems like heat seeking ammo, it gets more than a little frustrating.

Please devs, remedy this issue. I'm up for a challenge but this goes way beyond to become a war of attrition I.e. kill a couple guys, die, respawn, kill a couple guys, die, respawn, kill a couple more until their all gone. Not fun just kinda lame when your put up against insurmountable odds.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

There are definitely not 100% accurate...excluding, maybe, Dark Matter Snipers. The accuracy is only overwhelming when they toss a ridiculous number of enemies at you. Who *still* shoot while reloading, and shoot out the side of their gun.

Leathernek1
05-30-2013, 01:15 PM
I've noticed that enemy grenades always seem to land right on top of you, no matter how far their toss is. Some enemies seem to have no cooldown on their grenades too. So you'll run up to shoot, grenade at your feet, dive away. Run up to shoot again, grenade at your feet, dive away.

PlagueSD
05-30-2013, 01:22 PM
They ramped up the accuracy to make it seem like they're more difficult than they really are.
Can you imagine how even more trivial the game would be if they enemy was restricted by recoil, accuracy, fallout and reloading?

I dunno about reloading. When the rocket launcher guys fire at me, I just sidestep the rocket and light them up when they're reloading for 5 mins. Of course, I'm usually at sniper distance. Dodging rockets is trivial at that distance. Most camps I do, I normally pick off most of the guys with my sniper rifle before I even head into the camp.

Also, my friend and I are duoing everything. With small tactical squads, it's almost a necessity to have sniper cover. It's nice to have someone "covering" you as you move. Sometimes it's me playing sniper/lookout, sometimes he does.

Phrase Universe
05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
What's annoying is when the Raiders toss molotovs from half-a-mile away with Tom Brady accuracy.

IGears
05-30-2013, 01:54 PM
What's annoying is when the Raiders toss molotovs from half-a-mile away with Tom Brady accuracy.

yep... or 99ers can underhand throw a grenade further than my character can throw. lets not talk about how pitiful Jon Cooper can throw one.

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 02:04 PM
lets not talk about how pitiful Jon Cooper can throw one.

Lol, All friendly NPCs can't shoot or fight for a damn. They're nothing more than bullet sponges. Cept for torc, his gun actually does damage.

Radbane
05-30-2013, 02:16 PM
@OP

Yeah, I'm too what one would call a "casual" gamer, though I do spend a lot of time online and have reached over 2K EGO despite not being a great aimer. I also prefer more tactiacal shooters, like Rainbow 6 and such, from where I am used to an AI that are inhumanly good on their aim.

My biggest issue isn't their aim really, it's their body language and what they're supposed to be. I see a guy in a gasmask (limited view) firing a submachinegun one-handed from afar without really even using the gun sights ... I do automatically presume he will just spray and pray like the punk he is, and mostly miss while I look for more important targets. But behold their Spec Op's training of doom as they hit with the full burst, take the silliest bunnyjump to the side, and then throw a molotov right under my feet from insane range.

That's freakin' annoying, and sad. Makes me whonder why Von Bach didn't hire a few raiders for his arkhunt instead of me. They're obviously so much better.

killboy66
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
There are definitely not 100% accurate...excluding, maybe, Dark Matter Snipers. The accuracy is only overwhelming when they toss a ridiculous number of enemies at you. Who *still* shoot while reloading, and shoot out the side of their gun.

Maybe that's my problem I don't have any real trouble with most mobs but the dark matter guys are kinda tough when your in a position without cover and they just keep coming.

killboy66
05-30-2013, 04:04 PM
@OP

Yeah, I'm too what one would call a "casual" gamer, though I do spend a lot of time online and have reached over 2K EGO despite not being a great aimer. I also prefer more tactiacal shooters, like Rainbow 6 and such, from where I am used to an AI that are inhumanly good on their aim.

My biggest issue isn't their aim really, it's their body language and what they're supposed to be. I see a guy in a gasmask (limited view) firing a submachinegun one-handed from afar without really even using the gun sights ... I do automatically presume he will just spray and pray like the punk he is, and mostly miss while I look for more important targets. But behold their Spec Op's training of doom as they hit with the full burst, take the silliest bunnyjump to the side, and then throw a molotov right under my feet from insane range.

That's freakin' annoying, and sad. Makes me whonder why Von Bach didn't hire a few raiders for his arkhunt instead of me. They're obviously so much better.

Agree whole heartedly

Wtflag
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
(they improved this drastically with the rogue e-rep guys, they actually felt like a real challenge)

Actually they are restricted by some form of accuracy and reload.

You know they stop shooting for a few seconds every time, that is their reload. That is very clear and easy to see.

And if you go into Blur, your survivability goes way up and they miss most of their shots. There are occasions I Leroy into a pack of Darkmatter and was sustaining heavy damage. Once Escape Artist or Blur comes into play, I'm dancing circles around them untouched.

However, I do agree they are crack shots over crazy distances you can barely see over a scope. I suppose it is a way for the developers to prevent cheesing. Or that the designer hates snipers.

IGears
05-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Lol, All friendly NPCs can't shoot or fight for a damn. They're nothing more than bullet sponges. Cept for torc, his gun actually does damage.

yeah that Rocket Launcher is OP

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 05:25 PM
yeah that Rocket Launcher is OP

It's kind of hilariously tragic. The npcs are more herp derp than the mobs. They can't fight worth a damn.
However, the NPC torc rocket launcher blows away our rocket launcher in every way possible.

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Actually they are restricted by some form of accuracy and reload.

You know they stop shooting for a few seconds every time, that is their reload. That is very clear and easy to see.

And if you go into Blur, your survivability goes way up and they miss most of their shots. There are occasions I Leroy into a pack of Darkmatter and was sustaining heavy damage. Once Escape Artist or Blur comes into play, I'm dancing circles around them untouched.

However, I do agree they are crack shots over crazy distances you can barely see over a scope. I suppose it is a way for the developers to prevent cheesing. Or that the designer hates snipers.

Maybe raiders, but not 99ers or dark matter. It's a constant spray of rifle fire from across the lot and they always hit you. And the worst part is you can't even see where it's coming from, or see them on the map.

Wtflag
05-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Maybe raiders, but not 99ers or dark matter. It's a constant spray of rifle fire from across the lot and they always hit you. And the worst part is you can't even see where it's coming from, or see them on the map.

99ers and DM just have a bigger mag. They do stop.

A single DM enforcer can drop your shield + about 20% of your HP (with thick skin) in a single clip if you stand still and let them hit you. They will pause for about 2-3 seconds of reload and then do it again. They don't do constant attacks like a turrent does.

Nyymi
05-31-2013, 01:42 AM
Enemy accuracy becomes problem only if you are standing still, keep moving, running and dodging from cover to cover and you will notice that their bullets and grenades are missing you more. Also you can keep strafing(or quickscope with bolter and then they drop like flies so you really dont need to move much)when sniping so even then you are not forced to stay still, game AI is not that impressive(more flanking by enemy would be awesome)but i have seen alot more worse.

PS: Get respark shield and most enemies becomes trivial even if they hit you alot.

Nerotic
05-31-2013, 01:48 AM
At least they fixed the magic ark hunter hunting raider fire bombs... it is kinda annoying when your snipering and the enemy can return fire from where they are standing.. except shot gunners.. but including grenade lobbing anything...

Ryme
05-31-2013, 01:51 AM
99ers and DM just have a bigger mag. They do stop.

A single DM enforcer can drop your shield + about 20% of your HP (with thick skin) in a single clip if you stand still and let them hit you. They will pause for about 2-3 seconds of reload and then do it again. They don't do constant attacks like a turrent does.

You also don't want to let the DM Enforcers crouch. It seems to increase their fire rate even more. DM are not actually that hard if you can find some cover. They have no melee range units that will try to charge and flush you out of cover. If you can find something to duck behind, you can pretty much pick them off at leisure.

Schmiznurf
05-31-2013, 01:51 AM
Yeah, it is annoying when all the running and dodging doesn't do a thing to avoid bullets. I'm surprised the rockets the blasters fire don't home in on you too.

Chilmeister
05-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Are we that Vain to assume that we are the only marksmen in the game, i mean most of the mutants are ex marines so why shouldnt they be good shots.

In the end its about how you play not th AI, use the cover provided if he hitting you then use your skills like cloak or blur to get behind them.

Nerotic
05-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Are we that Vain to assume that we are the only marksmen in the game, i mean most of the mutants are ex marines so why shouldnt they be good shots.

In the end its about how you play not th AI, use the cover provided if he hitting you then use your skills like cloak or blur to get behind them.

The mutant are mutated.. I hope we can agree on that... while a toxic avenger has been known to pop up most of the time mutations are a bad thing.. we are talking ugly dull witted cannon fodder b movie mutants not 'sexy' G cup lingerie for clothes x team mutants ...

Dana Dawn
05-31-2013, 02:20 AM
The mutant are mutated.. I hope we can agree on that... while a toxic avenger has been known to pop up most of the time mutations are a bad thing.. we are talking ugly dull witted cannon fodder b movie mutants not 'sexy' G cup lingerie for clothes x team mutants ...

Did anyone mention how they got mutated? I thought the mutations were deliberate. i.e. they were genetically engineered to be good soldiers.

If they were mutated by an ark spire, then who knows what will happen, it seems the tera forming events cause mutations which are mostly good for the species. The ark matrix seems to be a very advanced AI to control the tera forming event, so it seems to be able to direct the mutations in a smart way.

WarDawgUk
05-31-2013, 04:03 AM

It never states they are dumb, Just mutated and last time I looked Mutants were awesome i.e. X-Men. I suppose you also think the most common frog sound is riddip riddip lol We only relate that sound to most frogs because it was the most used in American movies. So what I am saying is these mutants could be butt ugly and still be amazing soldiers. :D