PDA

View Full Version : For everyone having the Motherlode boss glitch on them....

Christm77
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
As annoying as it is, the fix is pretty easy with a functional team.

Twice now I've gone in, started the boss fight and its been fine initally. Then after destroying both his weakspots on his knees and shooting his chest, he's supposed to stand up and reveal the weakspots on his back only he doesn't and became unkillable. Both times this happened, he didn't spawn any miners to help him and he lost interest in players and ignored us, only attacking us if we constantly shot at him.

The fix I thought of is easy, everyone die and the boss resets and is fixed next time you enter his chamber.

The problem with this fix is you need team co-operation. I was playing with one clanmate & 2 randoms. One random kept reviving us until we explained to him in group chat what had happened and he started working with us. The problem lay with the other random and we had to eventually kick him. When he realised we were trying to die he pulled out his BMG and kept purposely healing us and would revive if we went down. In the end we had to kick him and down ourselves with launchers as grenades had stopped working. After we all had used our self-revives and then bled out, we all respawned outside and upon re-entering the boss was fixed and worked fine.

So in short if it happens to you, get the team to all work together and die to reset the boss.

Dooks
05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
How do you know it was on purpose? Chat system sucks, I gave up on it long ago myself. But thanks for the heads up on the fix.

Christm77
05-30-2013, 12:21 PM
How do you know it was on purpose? Chat system sucks, I gave up on it long ago myself. But thanks for the heads up on the fix.

When you send them a message on xbox live and explain the problem, explain the fix and ask them to stop healing/reviving and they just message you back and say 'deal with it' its pretty much obvious its intentional.

Christm77
05-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Just bumping this for more people to see the fix.

Saboteur 6
05-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Motherlode will glitch if you destroy both of his knees during one loop of the kneeling vulnerable animation. And yes anytime a boss fight glitches the team needs to suicide out to respawn (this includes using your self rez)

WarDawgUk
05-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Motherlode will glitch if you destroy both of his knees during one loop of the kneeling vulnerable animation. And yes anytime a boss fight glitches the team needs to suicide out to respawn (this includes using your self rez)

I also use this method and I got through it fine. I do think this is the best boss to fight overall as it feels like a true MMO boss requiring different tactics to take him down.

Chilmeister
05-31-2013, 01:57 AM
I also use this method and I got through it fine. I do think this is the best boss to fight overall as it feels like a true MMO boss requiring different tactics to take him down.

Sod off Dawg we spent most of that run looking for Data recorders, by the time we eventually got to motherload he was on his knees asleep mate.

Tips for fun, go in co op with two mates and 1 pug. Let the pug do all the work while you chillout doing all the extra stuff at your own pace, end result sleeping motherload annoyed pug but all data recorders found :)

squidgod2000
05-31-2013, 02:53 AM
For the OP: Next time just get everyone to type /extract. Still requires the randoms to not be idiots, but if three of you extract, the last guy will die eventually.

Also, I've had some success with slow-DPSing the knees at the start of the fight to avoid the bug. Might be that it's caused by taking them out too fast, or it could be that I'm just imagining it.

WarDawgUk
05-31-2013, 03:59 AM
Sod off Dawg we spent most of that run looking for Data recorders, by the time we eventually got to motherload he was on his knees asleep mate.

Tips for fun, go in co op with two mates and 1 pug. Let the pug do all the work while you chillout doing all the extra stuff at your own pace, end result sleeping motherload annoyed pug but all data recorders found :)

He soon woke up when we loaded our SMG's/LMG's into his knee's lol Also makse sure your pug is extremely patient :D