PDA

View Full Version : Question about ALTS

Coolrockski
05-30-2013, 11:05 AM
When I create an alt, can all of my current friends see that alt? or do I have to message them to add me? I ask because all of my friends show up on my new character.

Shtako
05-30-2013, 11:08 AM
currently there is absolutely no reason what so ever to create an alt unless you want one of both sexes.

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Friends lists are account wide, clans are character wide. So your friends list will be able to see your alt.

currently there is absolutely no reason what so ever to create an alt unless you want one of both sexes.

Rep mod farming is a good reason.

Coolrockski
05-30-2013, 11:10 AM
I wanted to make an irathient, that's all.

Finish the Fight
05-30-2013, 11:56 AM

I use mine as a bank.

ironhands
05-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I use mine as a bank.

how far did you level your mule to make it useful?

Gratty
05-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Indeed the friends list is account wide. The character wide clan thing though... Annoying. You are essentially only allowed to be in a clan on one character. Any alts will be forever clanless :c

Lonely alts :c

ironhands
05-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Indeed the friends list is account wide. The character wide clan thing though... Annoying. You are essentially only allowed to be in a clan on one character. Any alts will be forever clanless :c

Lonely alts :c

maybe as a way to protect the clan based pursuits? /shrug. I need to find a PC clan one of these days for those, since there's no other reason to have one :P

shadowkin
05-30-2013, 12:04 PM

Exactly and the reason why castithan dlc better include a free race change. suspect that they are adding bits race change with the dlc, i swear i will raise hell and make heaven fall

Gratty
05-30-2013, 12:05 PM
maybe as a way to protect the clan based pursuits? /shrug. I need to find a PC clan one of these days for those, since there's no other reason to have one :P

Well apparently they really want to make changes to the clan system to make them worth something. However, I don't see any of that happening til at least next gen. Lol

Honestly, I do not see any legitimate reason for the one character gets to be in a clan issue. Most games that I have played but you in the same clan across all of your characters... which makes too much sense I suppose...

Gratty
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Exactly and the reason why castithan dlc better include a free race change. suspect that they are adding bits race change with the dlc, i swear i will raise hell and make heaven fall

Oh they already said they would be adding the race change to the Defiance store. Hello, this is Trion we are talking about. That Defiance store gets filled up every opportunity possible c:

Well they didn't say it directly, but I recall saying that there would be an "everything change" in the Defiance store. Everything referring to character model appearance.

ironhands
05-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Well apparently they really want to make changes to the clan system to make them worth something. However, I don't see any of that happening til at least next gen. Lol

Honestly, I do not see any legitimate reason for the one character gets to be in a clan issue. Most games that I have played but you in the same clan across all of your characters... which makes too much sense I suppose...

maybe people who want to roleplay, or hide their identity...doesn't matter much though since your account id is shown in pvp..

What I'd like to see, for clans, is something like 24 hour leaderboards. Top clan in PvP gets a day of boosts or something, until they can get some sort of raids going