PDA

View Full Version : Snipers. Headshots not working. Bodyshots are. WTF ??

Giotto
05-30-2013, 02:33 PM
I thought i would level my bolt action sniper skill up. I purchased a sniper from the vendor at Top notch.

Fast traveled to the start area, Found some mutants. Aimed shot at the head 4995 damage showed in yellow. But his health bar didnt go down at all and he didnt even move, Asif he never felt the shot.

Thought it was the gun, So i fast travelled to san fran bought a different bolt action. Same thing. But when i shoot the body it takes 1700 damage from them and is as normal. Health bar half gone, And the animation when they get shot takes place.

Is this just my game ? Or is anyone finding this happening to them. Pretty major bug.

YardSaleJesus
05-30-2013, 05:15 PM
I thought i would level my bolt action sniper skill up. I purchased a sniper from the vendor at Top notch.

Fast traveled to the start area, Found some mutants. Aimed shot at the head 4995 damage showed in yellow. But his health bar didnt go down at all and he didnt even move, Asif he never felt the shot.

Thought it was the gun, So i fast travelled to san fran bought a different bolt action. Same thing. But when i shoot the body it takes 1700 damage from them and is as normal. Health bar half gone, And the animation when they get shot takes place.

Is this just my game ? Or is anyone finding this happening to them. Pretty major bug.

It was happening to me for a while but i changed up what weapon i was using and now things are back to normal so dunno i just figured they hotfix patched it or something

Turantula
05-30-2013, 05:44 PM
What rifle hits the body for 1700 damage? The highest ive seen for normal damage on bolt actions is 1271. Im just curios; as far as the problem your having my frontier repeater is working business as normal as of today.

Giotto
05-30-2013, 05:55 PM
What rifle hits the body for 1700 damage? The highest ive seen for normal damage on bolt actions is 1271. Im just curios; as far as the problem your having my frontier repeater is working business as normal as of today.

If you have a bolt action. Fast travel to the place at the start where you get your first vehicle. Head down the left slope and if you take a left on the road there are 3 mutants. Try head shotting them.

Luners68
05-30-2013, 11:05 PM
its just those mutants have you also noticed you get no xp for the kill or lvl for your weps

Zugo
05-31-2013, 07:17 AM
I've heard that there is a certain perk that can cause this to happen. Unfortunatly I don't recall which one it is because I havn't been using it.

kira
05-31-2013, 07:52 AM
I've heard that there is a certain perk that can cause this to happen. Unfortunatly I don't recall which one it is because I havn't been using it.
some one told me it's the Gunslinger perk but I have the same thing with headshots not doing anything but I don't have it on :/

Nanapaw
05-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm having this issue as well. I'm using a bolt action without gunslinger and have tried on different raiders while standing or crouching.

Neo Revanuk
05-31-2013, 08:41 AM
I've found that aiming just below the chin solves the HS aim issue, for me anyway. Give it a try, my favorite practice area is on the Golden Gate bridge dropping Dark Matter. I have a purple VOT Meteor Bolter that I'm not all that keen on, but it gets the job done.

foadhand
08-19-2013, 02:26 AM
I am also having this issue. not really sure who to talk to to get it fixed, because i cant seem to get a reply from anyone. it was working fine one minute, then they did a quick server restart and it hasnt worked since. snipers were my favorite gun up until now. how would i go about fixing this? a sniper rifle isnt worth much if i cant perform headshots with it. body shots work just fine, but thats not what you equip a sniper rifle for lmfao. i want that one shot kill on lowbie guys. also helps alot if you run into volge, but pointless to equip a sniper if you cant perform a headshot :( please help :(

Zugo
08-19-2013, 09:04 AM
I am also having this issue. not really sure who to talk to to get it fixed, because i cant seem to get a reply from anyone. it was working fine one minute, then they did a quick server restart and it hasnt worked since. snipers were my favorite gun up until now. how would i go about fixing this? a sniper rifle isnt worth much if i cant perform headshots with it. body shots work just fine, but thats not what you equip a sniper rifle for lmfao. i want that one shot kill on lowbie guys. also helps alot if you run into volge, but pointless to equip a sniper if you cant perform a headshot :( please help :(

Check these two things:
Do you have the gunslinger perk active?
Does your gun have a stat that adds +crit damage when firing from the hip?

Both of those will cause strange head shot behaviour when using bolt actions snipers.

Roulant
08-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Definitely try taking gunslinger off. It worked for me instantly.

Calidorn
08-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Same for me. Do not have gunslinger for this configuration, it's a bug of some sort.

Ghost Daze
08-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Unequip Gunslinger perk and it will work for you.

foadhand
08-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Im pretty sure its not the gunslinger perk. i dont think i have it active, but, i say that because it worked one minute, then the server restarted, i logged back in, and it didnt work anymore. its fixed now somehow, but i dont think it was the gunslinger perk