PDA

View Full Version : So trucks are back driving circles at A-falls,

crasher
05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
AND we have guys carpet bombing the A-fall with groundpounders because hey, it's not like anyone ought be able to see anything during the engagement besides brightlights and explosions.

My Preparedness still doesn't work. I can put a shotgun or BMG away for 3 SAW mag swaps and still pull out an empty shotgun or BMG.

And now my sniper rifles do zero damage.

I understand the Libertarian 'We can all do what we want' philosophy.
But it seems like people keep answering with 'Once I find out what you don't like I'm going to do as much of it as I can', and I'm just not feeling the love from the devs or some other players.

I'm trying to find the fun, and it's getting harder.

Iceberg
05-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Just go to an ark fall shoot one thing then leave, let the masses of lemmings do the rest for you. No need in getting stressed out at this point with the game, I mean whenever they get around to fixing it and forcing people to play it correctly then you should start stressing.

Covington
05-30-2013, 04:53 PM
True - the arkfails aren't exactly "fun" anyway. Go in - shoot a few times, leave - less stress you still get your booty, no sound crashes, clones, or diaper trucks. I know hardly an ideal way to play a game - but it is what it is.

Sanguinesun
05-30-2013, 05:12 PM
As well, pounders n trucks are really only a pain with the skitterling crystal chewing arkfalls, the rest they dont really matter. And as someone else said, tag a few kills on an arkfall and move on to something else, and it is low stress with the best reward to effort ratio in the game atm.

3rdpig
05-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Just go to an ark fall shoot one thing then leave, let the masses of lemmings do the rest for you. No need in getting stressed out at this point with the game, I mean whenever they get around to fixing it and forcing people to play it correctly then you should start stressing.

I used to hate people who did this, but I've crossed over into your camp. I play till the idiots show up and then leave, and usually that doesn't take long. You're right, nothing to gain by staying except stress.

Iceberg
05-30-2013, 08:14 PM
I used to hate people who did this, but I've crossed over into your camp. I play till the idiots show up and then leave, and usually that doesn't take long. You're right, nothing to gain by staying except stress.

I wouldn't call it my camp per say, for the first 2 weeks I played like the game wanted me to. Once I learned how RNG the drops are, the lock boxes were being, and the overall nerfing of keys on emergencies and some co-ops, I have found this method to be the less stressful.

Does it solve the problem? Short term yes, but overall it is still a flawed mechanic that is probably going to get fixed, but in the mean time why not use it to your advantage while you can. Let those people drive their trucks in circles and the spammers kill the skitterilngs, I will be working on my pursuits and contracts and still gaining the xp/keys as those guys are.

Pyth
05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
It was to be expected. They can't fix a community, they can only guide it. But people were using the Ground Pounders, Swarm/Rebounder Cannons and much more long before they nerfed the vehicles.

Still a simple case of cause and effect though. Create challenges that are lengthy and time consuming, then people will always take the path of least resistance. It's just our nature. They need to completely re-tool how the arkfalls work in terms of rewards. More for players who are doing it correctly, less for those who aren't.

But I just do my best to avoid the crystal destruction arkfalls. They're not worth the time or the effort. And don't even get me started on the slackjaws who do nothing more than hump the Forge eye at scrapper arkfalls, haha.

crasher
05-30-2013, 11:11 PM
It was to be expected. They can't fix a community, they can only guide it. But people were using the Ground Pounders, Swarm/Rebounder Cannons and much more long before they nerfed the vehicles.

Still a simple case of cause and effect though. Create challenges that are lengthy and time consuming, then people will always take the path of least resistance. It's just our nature. They need to completely re-tool how the arkfalls work in terms of rewards. More for players who are doing it correctly, less for those who aren't.

But I just do my best to avoid the crystal destruction arkfalls. They're not worth the time or the effort. And don't even get me started on the slackjaws who do nothing more than hump the Forge eye at scrapper arkfalls, haha.

Makes me think that if they added a B-52 option, so the 'gotta be done in ten minutes' guys could carpetbomb the map just once and get 100% XP etc.....
And move on.

I'm kind of a 'we're all in this together' kinda guy, and since the game lets/expects you to rez strangers so they can keep playing too.... I mean, that's the whole point of playing *with actual people*, no?

Anyway, thanks. I appreciate all the folks who took time to read, let alone respond.

Strahd
05-30-2013, 11:21 PM
It's to bad I'm on PS3 and not PC Crasher, I'd arkfall with ya. I'm of the same mind-set you have regarding the "we're all in this together" aspect.

alienoid
05-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Well I don't do the tag thingy at Arkfalls because *drumrolls* I actually play the game !
Yeah I know, silly isn't it ? Stress ? Effort ? Rewards ? You guys forgot it's just a game I think. That's what I love about Defiance : there are mostly no rewards so I can enjoy the journey.

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Theres no cure for stoOpidity. And your right, as soon as these losers here someone say your making the game unbearable driving your diaper trucks around/ground pounding the **** out of our precious skitterlings, its all they live to do after that. Its gotten so frigin aggravating. At this point I dont care if they paid money and choose to play that way and **** up the majority of the players days who have common sense. I just dont care, bad dog!.....no! Not there! Thats not where you do that! I get some ppl are still ignorant as to why its bad, but the ppl doing it just to piss everyone off now, w hy? Because you can? Because you wanna prove a point that you paid for your game and want to make 100 enemies per arkfall? Really. Theres a special spot in hell for all of you. Get over yourselfs and lose the attitude and try teamwork for once

Im with all of you above, the only thing to do now is pop a few shots and move on when the ****trucks show up.

Adrena Chrome
05-30-2013, 11:38 PM
I see the major ark falls as something for the noobs to do. While I lvl weapons and skill at a minor. I have been putting in one shot and leaving for weeks now. I see some others are coming around. I see myself as an ark hunter. If I have shots on an ark fall I look for another till their are none. If I'm at the very last one on the map and it's a major. I'll stay to finish. And if their are no more on my map. You can log out and log back in and about half the time it will put you in a new phase with an ark fall. Happy hunting :-)

MacDeath
05-30-2013, 11:47 PM

As far as I can tell, the community here doesn't respond well to guidance. Humanity is broken. Thank the gods we have the Iraths to take up the mantle.

Dana Dawn
05-30-2013, 11:51 PM
The cars and rocket launchers during red crystals ark falls happen mostly at Mnt Tam. Nowadays I just write a short message not to kill the skitterlings (the other type of red crystal ark falls never happen in Mnt Tam.), and mention that I am going to the next sub ark fall because they are doing this.

Colif
05-30-2013, 11:58 PM
I mostly get this stuff at Mt Tam arkfalls, its like the learning zone where everyone thinks rocket launchers are the way to go. Most people seem to grow out of it though and by time you reach the bottom of map you see less of it. Crystal destruction + fireworks is a waste of time + ammo, I generally either leave them altogether as advised or go to another crystal and hope its saner.

Unless these people are all under the false impression that you get weapon exp at major arkfalls, there seems to be a lot of people who use rocket launchers, yet I thought most of them didn't raise your weapon exp, or is it just the weapons themselves that aren't leveling up? It is one of the few skills I have that is only lvl 1 still.

I am curious if you can hit the weak spot on crystals with a rl, might try it out one day. If there is no benefit for them, I can sort of understand carpet bombing.

Adrena Chrome
05-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Guided launchers and mass cannon do not lvl. Armada, swarm cannon, and longshot lvl nicely. ego 3650 lvl 20 rockets

I mostly get this stuff at Mt Tam arkfalls, its like the learning zone where everyone thinks rocket launchers are the way to go. Most people seem to grow out of it though and by time you reach the bottom of map you see less of it. Crystal destruction + fireworks is a waste of time + ammo, I generally either leave them altogether as advised or go to another crystal and hope its saner.

Unless these people are all under the false impression that you get weapon exp at major arkfalls, there seems to be a lot of people who use rocket launchers, yet I thought most of them didn't raise your weapon exp, or is it just the weapons themselves that aren't leveling up? It is one of the few skills I have that is only lvl 1 still.

I am curious if you can hit the weak spot on crystals with a rl, might try it out one day. If there is no benefit for them, I can sort of understand carpet bombing.