PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Loot Details

Doomsaw
05-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Cutting and pasting this from the bonus loot weekend feedback section. It's definitely consistent with what I saw playing the entire weekend last time we had "bonus loot weekend":

"This is how it works, based on last time:

- You gain no benefit doing arkfalls.
- You gain no benefits from lockboxes.
- You gain no additional rewards from doing missions or emergencies.
- You gain no benefit from killing bosses or mini-bosses.
- This does not help you get blue, purple or orange items in any way.

- You do gain a benefit anytime you kill a "regular" enemy in the world or in a co-op instance. The enemy has a 25% higher chance of dropping a white or green item. If the enemy had a 10% chance before, it will have a 12.5% chance during the weekend.

That is the only benefit. Since you will be salvaging most of those items, think of it as getting a bit more ark salvage if, and only if, you intend to farm co-op maps or outdoor enemies a lot during the weekend."

Covington
05-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Cutting and pasting this from the bonus loot weekend feedback section. It's definitely consistent with what I saw playing the entire weekend last time we had "bonus loot weekend":

"This is how it works, based on last time:

- You gain no benefit doing arkfalls.
- You gain no benefits from lockboxes.
- You gain no additional rewards from doing missions or emergencies.
- You gain no benefit from killing bosses or mini-bosses.
- This does not help you get blue, purple or orange items in any way.

- You do gain a benefit anytime you kill a "regular" enemy in the world or in a co-op instance. The enemy has a 25% higher chance of dropping a white or green item. If the enemy had a 10% chance before, it will have a 12.5% chance during the weekend.

That is the only benefit. Since you will be salvaging most of those items, think of it as getting a bit more ark salvage if, and only if, you intend to farm co-op maps or outdoor enemies a lot during the weekend."

Well if it helps with resource gathering I am all for it. Far cry from real "bonus Loot" on other games. But always in need of the green, wish we could buy it for scrip.

Xanirus
05-30-2013, 04:50 PM
I never assumed the loot bonuses to ever affect "rewards" from activities and such. What I don't like is the inflation of white items. If anything, I actually HATE it when we get our so called "bonuses weekends" because it's more time spent savlaging pitful increments of savlage instead of doing a whole bunch at once and actually playing the game. (Greens, blues, etc.)

Doomsaw
05-30-2013, 04:52 PM
I never assumed the loot bonuses to ever affect "rewards" from activities and such. What I don't like is the inflation of white items. If anything, I actually HATE it when we get our so called "bonuses weekends" because it's more time spent savlaging pitful increments of savlage instead of doing a whole bunch at once and actually playing the game. (Greens, blues, etc.)

Maybe it's a good marketing tool to sell you more inventory space~!

(I know I've bought a lot of inventory $lots already so I don't have to salvage white/green as often)

DJTrig
05-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Maybe it's a good marketing tool to sell you more inventory space~!

Without a doubt,sales tactic that also works as extra salvage for us.Glad to see it worded right this time (more instead of better).

Arsenic_Touch
05-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I notice how they left out "lockbox" this time.

IGears
05-30-2013, 05:37 PM
I notice how they left out "lockbox" this time.

lol oh no, Trion not going to lose any kind of money now!!

Dazz
05-30-2013, 05:39 PM
25% more crap is still just crap. That's my take on it. Now if it were a 25% increase in the quality I'd be leaping about, but this leaves me cold.

Doomsaw
05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
25% more crap is still just crap.

That's what she said.

:(

Beta582
05-30-2013, 08:32 PM
25% more crap is still just crap.

The truth of this singular statement is depressing...

Pyth
05-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Really?

Now at least I don't feel so bad for breaking down a half million in salvage the other day and getting absolutely nothing. This weekend would have produced the same results.

Xanirus
05-30-2013, 09:02 PM
25% more crap is still just crap. That's my take on it. Now if it were a 25% increase in the quality I'd be leaping about, but this leaves me cold.

Yup, like I said, inflation of the whites. Spend 25% more time in ark matrix breaking down a large number of whites from killing only a small amount of enemies, instead of killing a mass amount of enemies breaking down fewer blues or purples but ultimatley gives more ark salvage than just a ton of whites in the long run. Plus, you spend more time shooting stuff and actually having fun.

Is it me, or are the boosts actually "backwards?"

NoahsArkfall
05-31-2013, 05:13 AM
I just want (and I know this will get some laughs) some actual confirmation from Trion regarding how the bonus is applied. Is the bonus really +25% of a mobs current drop % so 10% becomes 12.5% or would it actually add an overall 25% so 10% becomes 35%? Would be nice to hear from the horse's mouth. I ask because I was farming an infinite mob spawning point the other day with 22% loot boosts active. I had 40 open inventory spaces and filled them up at least twice on around 100-120 mobs. It would be nice to know what to expect this weekend.

IGears
05-31-2013, 05:19 AM
I just want (and I know this will get some laughs) some actual confirmation from Trion regarding how the bonus is applied. Is the bonus really +25% of a mobs current drop % so 10% becomes 12.5% or would it actually add an overall 25% so 10% becomes 35%? Would be nice to hear from the horse's mouth.

Trion won't say, but if you ask Sledge he will just tell you that he got an Orange weapon from a random loot drop off an enemy.

ItISLupus
05-31-2013, 05:33 AM
To be fair, since the last weekend they altered the loot tables. Whether this will translate to higher quality gear with the bonus loot, I don't know.

Now, they could have made it so increased chances don't just increase the frequency of loot. It could increase the chance of drops across the board.

Indra Echo
05-31-2013, 05:37 AM

I don't recall them saying before that there would be a greater chance of getting rare items as they have in this announcement.

I know in other games they often have given players the ability to level up something called maybe "luck" which increases all drops of stuff but does not guarantee that the quality of the drop will be greater. It seems to me that is what the bonus loot drops have been before and what the loot boost does-it increases the quantity but does not change the quality. This one seems to be more about the increased chance of higher quality drops as well as more frequent drops.

At least that is the impression I get from the announcement that's in the game.

Nevermore
05-31-2013, 09:23 AM
The log in screen for the game says something about earning extra RARE loot. Doesn't sound like they mean just whites and greens.

3rdpig
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Hopefully they've adjusted it so it will be more than another "Green Shtako Weekend". I got sick of breaking that garbage down last time and just wound up selling it as fast as I got it.

BTW, whatever happened to being able to break down more than one item at a time? I thought they were going to add that ability in this last patch?

REDBURN
05-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Another salvage marathon....
It wouldn't be as tedious if we could salvage multiple things at once.
Players in some parts of the world have been doing this since 98'.