PDA

View Full Version : Defiance: less and less players

IllegalShot
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah the dev starting to see that more and more people are quitting Defiance. And their solution: throw another ****ing bonus loot weekend instead of fixing things like the chat for PC.

Athanos
05-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Can you tell me my fortune?

IGears
05-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah the dev starting to see that more and more people are quitting Defiance. And their solution: throw another ****ing bonus loot weekend instead of fixing things like the chat for PC.

or Arkfalls, or last perk disappearing on log ins and instances, or the worthless spam of my old ego rating.

JBoneFX
05-30-2013, 06:36 PM
or Arkfalls, or last perk disappearing on log ins and instances, or the worthless spam of my old ego rating.

disappearing perk is getting old, so is the chat.. just make a static window already...

ralisti
05-30-2013, 07:03 PM
The problem is not that there are bugs. There will probably always be some bug or another in the game. The problem is that the bugs are not being addressed in timely manner, leading to more and more frustration until people just do not want to log in again.

But of course time can be spent making the web show which is basically just a propaganda mechanism, adding 'new' content which consists of 3 data recorders, reskinning over used model and trying to get people to buy the 'new' items in the store, and coming up with a 'referral' program where Trion tries to get people to talk others into the game instead of just fixing it and letting a solid game sell itself.

With Defiance, Trion has made one bad mistake after another.

MrClip26
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
i know once i hit 4k i am done playing....until something worth playing is released.

im 3573 atm

Aeekto
05-30-2013, 07:19 PM

Seriously, you guys bring up this chat thing for pc everytime... but none of you exactly point out what is wrong with it.
for me the chat works like every other chat... i have a whisper, clanchat, groupchat, teamchat, localchat and slash-commands.
it realy seems youīre just trolling and once have read somewhere in the forum that chat is broken and you have the need to repeat it over and over again without actually testing it... even it is long time ago when the chat actually was once broken.

But anyways... severall people donīt play at the moment because they wait for dlc and new content... and some left the game forever because they expected a mmorpg and not a shooter or because of that massive exploiting in pvp.
But there are still enough players left and a lot will come back as soon as new content releases... just like it is in GW2 or borderlands 2 and like it was in GW1. Game isnīt subscription based so there isnīt any need to keep the players all the time... only for the times when DLCs or addons releases.

IGears
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Seriously, you guys bring up this chat thing for pc everytime... but none of you exactly point out what is wrong with it.
for me the chat works like every other chat... i have a whisper, clanchat, groupchat, teamchat, localchat and slash-commands.
it realy seems youīre just trolling and once have read somewhere in the forum that chat is broken and you have the need to repeat it over and over again without actually testing it... even it is long time ago when the chat actually was once broken.

But anyways... severall people donīt play at the moment because they wait for dlc and new content... and some left the game forever because they expected a mmorpg and not a shooter or because of that massive exploiting in pvp.
But there are still enough players left and a lot will come back as soon as new content releases... just like it is in GW2 or borderlands 2 and like it was in GW1. Game isnīt subscription based so there isnīt any need to keep the players all the time... only for the times when DLCs or addons releases.

doesn't help bring in new people

4ndreas
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
It matters because they have to rely on the bits store for revenue (aside from paid DLC which will be rather rare) most of the time, fewer active layers = less sales opportunity. And a lot of active players have noticed the only useful thing to buy are inventory slots. Fewer players also means less server sustain cost but I don't think that matters as much as missing revenue.

Daholic
05-30-2013, 07:42 PM

Ill somewhat agree with your 1st paragraph, but your second one is so full of fail because your basing your slanted opinion even while the truth is so apparent. Who care the game isn't subscription based, it isn't even engaging enough to keep players after 2 months, and you assume a whole wave of faithful will just wisk back into the land of Defiance for as if something groundbreaking is about to happen.

Guess what....

Trion would like for you to con 5 buddies to buy their game so you can get a skin!!! You don't feel insulted by that? DLC's will not save this game if you don't have a healthy consistent player base.

Befallen
05-30-2013, 07:57 PM
The social pursuits aren't for conning people into buying the game but to get people in-game to be your friend. You find friends in the game and play with them and you get your easy pursuits. The only long and tedious one is the bolt rifle kills. It's pretty rediculous compared to everything else.

DataFerret
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I have given up playing the game and watching the show as both are equally turgid, repetitious, boring, and disappointing.

Sorry, Trion & Syfy, you had your chance and you blew it.

4ndreas
05-30-2013, 08:01 PM
The only long and tedious one is the bolt rifle kills. It's pretty rediculous compared to everything else.

I just do all Hellbug emergencies with a BAR atm to get it over with. Getting the semi to 10 will be more annoying.

Anatol
05-30-2013, 09:37 PM

what about NO... after free weekend on steam there are more and more people in game:) almost instant shadow war and instant PvP and COOP map... EU PC... who cares about consoles... bonus loot weekend is antoher way how to lure people, but why not? BF3 does the same stop *****ing about everything you bad troll

ratt707
05-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I've been meaning to play but haven't in weeks.

The last time I played, I was breaking items down in matrix and just decided to turn off the game cause I was so tired of dealing with the UI. More specifically, it was breaking down every item one by one.

I logged in for the patch, realized chat wasn't fixed and logged out.

I'll check back next patch I guess. We'll see.

crasher
05-31-2013, 01:00 AM
But it's OK, they cut Mag sizes, so now it not only takes a full mag of shotgun shells to the face of a mutant to put him down, in many cases it takes a mag change on a CS-X to take out a blast pod.

I just did several minor A-falls tonite, approx 40 to 50 blastpods at each. Mag-change required at point-blank. And while you're trying to do that, the game spawns an archer over your shoulder and warriors blowing up through your feet.

Over and over.

Mutant Mayhem over near Tam earlier. Mutants require a mag to the face, and maybe a few more rounds. I'm E-2300, I know how to shoot by now. I'm 20 on SAWs and 18 on shotguns, I'm not a weapons dope. Just how frakking underpowered is a syphon autoload shotgun that 11 rounds to the face don't always do the job?
Good thing we don't have those extra 5 rounds anymore. Now I can do a mag swap to try and kill the *one* guy. 14 spawns behind him, just waiting for me. Half a 119 round SAW mag to take down an archer sometimes? An A-fall tonite, I was using 3 and 4 SAW mags / warrior, and new ones kept blowing up under my feet every time I slowed to fire at warriors that are advancing on me all the while.
They fired all the people at Trion that had the first clue about game balance. The people tweaking it now clearly don't have a clue.

I had 7 rez's on other people at one of them, and I'm not sure anybody survived to finish the last one.

Nyymi
05-31-2013, 01:11 AM

I gotta agree with this, the chat is pretty much same as it is in every other MMO except you need to press ENTER to see it, i personally like how it works currently as its not taking screenspace and yet you can tab enter if you want to check larger version of it(i usually disable or make chat and other UI elements extremely small in MMO's because i prefer clean interface).

So i assume that because it is not there always whitout buttonpress peoples think it is broken, if so then my faith in humanity loses one point again.

CrazyBard
05-31-2013, 01:25 AM
what about NO... after free weekend on steam there are more and more people in game:) almost instant shadow war and instant PvP and COOP map... EU PC... who cares about consoles... bonus loot weekend is antoher way how to lure people, but why not? BF3 does the same stop *****ing about everything you bad troll

Pretty much this - seen a lot more players in game of late on EU PC.

I agree with the whole chat/ui thing on the whole and it's not even just about sending message, but also about seeing them as they get lost/missed so easily. It needs an overhaul for PC for sure, but isn't that what the bugs/suggestions forums are for? I have faith it'll be fixed eventually, but it's not a gamebreaker, just very frustrating. But once it's fixed, then we'll probably be swamped with rants about how global chat is ruining the game :/

Tessien
05-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I just do all Hellbug emergencies with a BAR atm to get it over with. Getting the semi to 10 will be more annoying.

Semi to 10 was way faster than 5000 bolt action kills. Doing Bolinas Sniper 97 times is probably the fastest way to get 5000 bolt kills, but it's boring as hell. Bugged arkfalls where the skitterlings just spawn and sit there is pretty good for kills too.

As a side, why did they pick the worst ****ing PvE weapons to get to L10...Infectors, BMG, Sawed off, wtf.

r2nddan
05-31-2013, 04:55 AM
It is fewer and fewer players because the word player is a count noun. I am just saying.

Rampermt
05-31-2013, 05:09 AM
I play on ps3 and I see plenty of other players on at almost all times of day.

bigdirty
05-31-2013, 05:22 AM
I play on ps3 and I see plenty of other players on at almost all times of day.

Yeah same here, tons and tons of people on at all hours.

Covington
05-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Yeah same here, tons and tons of people on at all hours.

I see the most at Arkfalls, a few at vendors, and no where near a decent amount in the "world" each night I do get to play.

Iceberg
05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
I wouldn't call 50 players at an ark fall tons and tons of people. The most I see is usually in the evening time on weekends, even then I am not really sure what the numbers are really like.

squidgod2000
05-31-2013, 05:55 AM

And add contests and friend referrals all designed to bring in new players. Why worry about retaining players when you can instead spend your time attracting new ones?

bigdirty
05-31-2013, 06:01 AM
I see the most at Arkfalls, a few at vendors, and no where near a decent amount in the "world" each night I do get to play.

I don't see a ton of people, but at random emergencies I usually see a person or two and I routinely pass people on the road. But this is how MMOs generally go. People congregate at towns.

Covington
05-31-2013, 06:02 AM
I don't see a ton of people, but at random emergencies I usually see a person or two and I routinely pass people on the road. But this is how MMOs generally go. People congregate at towns.

Played a few there are usually more in the world than we have now. I know it's summer and people are starting the holiday season but it's kinda obvious from launch we are dwindling.

ralisti
05-31-2013, 07:31 AM
And add contests and friend referrals all designed to bring in new players. Why worry about retaining players when you can instead spend your time attracting new ones?

I am thinking they do not care about retaining current players, as current players are not buying the over priced Bits in significant amounts to make any real money. So current players are of no use other then to use to con other people in buying a buggy, half broken game in return for reskinned and over used models.

it is sheer genius! For an extra 30 minutes of reskinning, they not only do not have to actually fix any bugs, but they get a free PR campaign!

Spann
05-31-2013, 07:32 AM
I still haven't had one arkfall issue or my last perk disappear.

squidgod2000
05-31-2013, 08:39 AM
I still haven't had one arkfall issue or my last perk disappear.

We all hate you.

4ndreas
05-31-2013, 10:21 AM
As a side, why did they pick the worst ****ing PvE weapons to get to L10...Infectors, BMG, Sawed off, wtf.

Those are somewhat ok. Infectors come from PvP, BMG: just use them at Arkfalls, they actually level when you heal & sawed off: use the courier in co-op maps.