PDA

View Full Version : Switching Servers?

Vomiting Wolf
05-30-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm in Perth, AUS and I always end up on the EU server, it's fine, but is there's way to change this for trades, XBL friends and such? Or we just deal with where we are sent?

poisd2strike
05-30-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm in Perth, AUS and I always end up on the EU server, it's fine, but is there's way to change this for trades, XBL friends and such? Or we just deal with where we are sent?

Defiance is currently region locked for Xbox 360.

There is somewhat of an explanation here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11174-Xbox-360-Region-Locking&p=129062&viewfull=1#post129062

Vomiting Wolf
05-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the info - bit of a shame...

SickoSlayer
05-31-2013, 09:43 AM
i for one like it locked sorry. less lag equals better gaming exp. for us all. undoing it will be a big no no

FattyMcG33
05-31-2013, 09:45 AM
I believe Xbone will be region locked, so I'd get used to it, sadly

NimrodDX
05-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know the method Defiance for 360 uses to select the server? Was hoping to find a way to trick it to undo the mega-mistake of TrionWorlds?

Was thinking it's either:
Based on Game Disc (Ie PAL or NTSC version. If the game disc itself isnt region locked, would putting a US disc in a European console give access to the US Servers)?
Geo-IP related. Therefore connecting to a UK or US VPN allow a server switch?
Console Setting - Changing Locale to US make the game use a US Server?

Really messed up that I was playing the beta with my US friends and then when I go to buy the full game and give them my money I suddenly find out in 2013 that Region Locking has appeared. Total fail on behalf of the development team at Trion for this. But seems they can't fix their mistakes in a reasonable timeframe I'm hoping to look at a way to trick the game so i can can play together with my US friends.

Vomiting Wolf
05-31-2013, 06:43 PM
i for one like it locked sorry. less lag equals better gaming exp. for us all. undoing it will be a big no no
Oh I'm all for less lag, I just strangely have very few mates in EU as opposed to NA - regarding XBL FL anyways. Plus I am looking for some orange gears, but you can't even warp in and trade with peeps cross server.

I guess it's just weird as I hear that the East coast of AUS dumped in NA servers where West coast is EU. At the end of the day, avoiding lag is paramount and I guess I'll just have to make new mates ha!

Thanks again for all the info.

Lupis Volk
05-31-2013, 08:58 PM

I'm an AUSSIE Vomiting Wolf if you want I could help you?