PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Defiance.

Sagat
05-31-2013, 12:53 AM
:cool:I notice a few things that the developers have done to slow progression down. IE Removal of mod sets.
I have a few pay to win tactics that I seen before done with other mmo's here that make me think if the TV show does bOMb that it will go free to play. How do I come up with this information the proof is in the actions of the company. Gaming company's sorta live in fear of losing sponsor ship. Sponors need customers to by there product. Think about the 2 sponsoring company that put up a lot of money to see this show come to market. All the views in the world won't matter if nobody is interested in buying any thing from them. So Dev's are trying to be careful and not release to much stuff in the game as to spoil any chance of having new content in the game at all. There Mistakes was that they put out too much info on synergy mods set and charged weapons before there time. All in the hope to keep trion happy and not violate syfy terms and agreement clause which is why dev's, and moderators, keep using a copy and paste answer on hand.

No Disrepect to Tryannos but as a Super moderator you job is pretty easy and pretty harsh at the same time.
I suggest that you instead of copy and pasting your closing thread. Try and answer the general public and give a better answer to what you are looking as for information in these forums.

No I can't not predict the future. I like defiance the show. I hope I get to see at least 2 more seasons of the show. But my prediction is that Defiance The game will soon or later be FTP at later date and that this past weekends free to play offer was just to show how investors how may players would still be interested in playing the game if they was to go FTP. Soon this game will be just like the others famous mmo that decieded to jump on the FTP band wagon of playing where paying to win is they only way to succeed in this game.

MacDeath
05-31-2013, 01:01 AM
:cool:I notice a few things that the developers have done to slow progression down. IE Removal of mod sets.
I have a few pay to win tactics that I seen before done with other mmo's here that make me think if the TV show does bOMb that it will go free to play. How do I come up with this information the proof is in the actions of the company. Gaming company's sorta live in fear of losing sponsor ship. Sponors need customers to by there product. Think about the 2 sponsoring company that put up a lot of money to see this show come to market. All the views in the world won't matter if nobody is interested in buying any thing from them. So Dev's are trying to be careful and not release to much stuff in the game as to spoil any chance of having new content in the game at all. There Mistakes was that they put out too much info on synergy mods set and charged weapons before there time. All in the hope to keep trion happy and not violate syfy terms and agreement clause which is why dev's, and moderators, keep using a copy and paste answer on hand.

No Disrepect to Tryannos but as a Super moderator you job is pretty easy and pretty harsh at the same time.
I suggest that you instead of copy and pasting your closing thread. Try and answer the general public and give a better answer to what you are looking as for information in these forums.

No I can't not predict the future. I like defiance the show. I hope I get to see at least 2 more seasons of the show. But my prediction is that Defiance The game will soon or later be FTP at later date and that this past weekends free to play offer was just to show how investors how may players would still be interested in playing the game if they was to go FTP. Soon this game will be just like the others famous mmo that decieded to jump on the FTP band wagon of playing where paying to win is they only way to succeed in this game.

Trion mods, even super mods, are NOT empowered to answer questions on the forums. Not even the CMs or the Director of the Community Team are empowered to decide what to tell players. They have to take the players concerns to the Dev Team and relay the information back to us. This can take a long time, because the Dev Team is busy doing the Development thing.

Sagat
05-31-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm all to familiar with the procedure's that some Mods have to go threw to either get a legal answer to use. All I'm Requesting form Dev's or mod's is answers to problems that issued. advertised, and Either its missing, and does not work. Not looking or a Copy and paste answer. But more of a Human Response to a Questions us the Customer/Fans/Player would like to read.

This just a suggestion IE: We have notice a Error on our part and we are currently looking into it Sorry for the inconvenient.

MacDeath
05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm all to familiar with the procedure's that some Mods have to go threw to either get a legal answer to use. All I'm Requesting form Dev's or mod's is answers to problems that issued. advertised, and Either its missing, and does not work. Not looking or a Copy and paste answer. But more of a Human Response to a Questions us the Customer/Fans/Player would like to read.

This just a suggestion IE: We have notice a Error on our part and we are currently looking into it Sorry for the inconvenient.
Perhaps something like this Sticky?
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?72370-Issues-that-our-team-is-working-on!

Opetyr
05-31-2013, 01:58 AM
These issues have been complained about since the game started. They still haven't fixed them even though they had many of these issues in beta. But hey at least after 4 patches we can do Freight Yard and Dam Defense.

Nate Murder
05-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Trion mods, even super mods, are NOT empowered to answer questions on the forums. Not even the CMs or the Director of the Community Team are empowered to decide what to tell players. They have to take the players concerns to the Dev Team and relay the information back to us. This can take a long time, because the Dev Team is busy doing the Development thing.

Exactly. Read first, and then understand, before creating pointless threads. So many people have absolutely zero common sense. How can a person not know that a moderator is simply a middle man between the developers and the customers? The moderator has a specific purpose and that purpose is to relay concerns to the developers. That's it and nothing more. People need to be more knowledgeable in general, before posting.

I also wish people would go back to school and learn English again. Spelling and grammar should be fundamental. Punctuation is a lost cause nowadays.

Sagat
05-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Well if they know about the issues why not use that information that you link address to focus answers with the answer that was given from sledgehammer its not that hard to copy and paste some of that information to players cause lets face it not a lot of players have a lot of time to troll these forums information regarding the game.

OH! Your answer khan about your issue with people not using proper English is simple. Don't not confuse bad typing as bad English grammar some of us use way to much slang with our English. No disrespect intended if you can not tell the difference Reframe from using English and go back to you primary language.

piercehead
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Do not confuse bad typing as bad English grammar. Some of us use way too much slang with our English. No disrespect intended. If you can not tell the difference refrain from using English and go back to you primary language.

Ahem...rocks, glass houses.

tuckerpb
05-31-2013, 08:45 PM
hate to tell you there is no future for defiance.

Nate Murder
05-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Well if they know about the issues why not use that information that you link address to focus answers with the answer that was given from sledgehammer its not that hard to copy and paste some of that information to players cause lets face it not a lot of players have a lot of time to troll these forums information regarding the game.

OH! Your answer khan about your issue with people not using proper English is simple. Don't not confuse bad typing as bad English grammar some of us use way to much slang with our English. No disrespect intended if you can not tell the difference Reframe from using English and go back to you primary language.

You need to copy and paste your whole post, and then put it in a program like Microsoft Word of Wordpad because you spelling and grammar is a atrocious. I need a damn code decipher to translate all the bullsh*t is your pathetic post.

I definitely know that you didn't graduate from high school, let alone college. But if you did graduate from high school, then it must have been special ed. And please don't "come at me bro" with the slang. I know slang fluently and proper English. It's just like being bilingual. But I know that's not your "fortay" though huh? That's not your style huh? LuLz

Gratty
05-31-2013, 11:52 PM
hate to tell you there is no future for defiance.

I was going to say the same thing but in question form. Like,

"Defiance has a future?"

DaMaJaDiZ
05-31-2013, 11:58 PM
These questions and wonderment. Slide to the side just a little bit, and it's all like the game of life as we know it. I don't mean to derail at all, but if you read this thread (in particular the wording and all..), and most other threads in a different context, it's kind of interesting as is. Ok. Shutting up now. Play on.

Samyaza
06-01-2013, 01:54 AM
I was going to say the same thing but in question form. Like,

"Defiance has a future?"

1-2 more seasons then goes the way of the fish swirling down the cold filth covered toilets....

like many of the could be great tv programs.... Jeremiah, Happy Town, and Jericho

Then... Netflix will go fishing and revive it like Frankenstein...

or would become radioactive mutating into a cockroach that never dies like futurama..... every time BAD NEWS EVERYBODY! it always always comes back!!!

Arrielle Shaw
06-01-2013, 06:09 PM
1-2 more seasons then goes the way of the fish swirling down the cold filth covered toilets....

like many of the could be great tv programs.... Jeremiah, Happy Town, and Jericho

Then... Netflix will go fishing and revive it like Frankenstein...

or would become radioactive mutating into a cockroach that never dies like futurama..... every time BAD NEWS EVERYBODY! it always always comes back!!!

I actually rather enjoy the show. Stephanie Leonidas does an amazing job as Irisa, and the same for Grant Bowler as Nolan. Their character development makes me keep watching. Anyway, the game plays a lot like Borderlands, and that's cool. Borderlands was fun. The story in Defiance is way better than in Borderlands too. Borderlands was a bit too over the top with its humor and storyline, but the mix is just right in Defiance.

Kaoslion
06-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I will be shocked if Defiance the game keeps going once blockbuster games start rolling out console wise. Its not that defiance is a bad game. Its actually really decent and a lot of fun. Its just not sustained fun all the time. Jump on play it for a hour hmmm well lets see what to do now. Its like Grand Theft Auto you blow crap up once you've finished all the story so what do you do. You load the game play it till blowing stuff up gets boring then play or watch some tv. This game won't be the one that pulls everyone into a mmotps, but it is laying the ground work for some company to create one that gets everyone hooked.