PDA

View Full Version : wtf is with the weapon tier system?

Lordzero2
03-23-2013, 05:06 PM
my green rank 50 grenade launcher is better then a purple rank 199 grenade launcher.... how the hell is this even possible?

ranger2410
03-23-2013, 05:20 PM
my green rank 50 grenade launcher is better then a purple rank 199 grenade launcher.... how the hell is this even possible?

I've yet to figure out any rhyme or reason to numbers/colors. It all seems entirely arbitrary at the moment to me, but I could be missing something.

DustOfDeath
03-23-2013, 05:26 PM
there is no logic it seems... iv seen higher rank purple that are worse in every aspect then a lower rank green (give or take 1 mod slot).

alienoid
03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Actually, the system needs some more tweaking especially at lower ranks since, at first sight, it seems to don't make much sense.

However, this is how it works, roughly :
while you might not see an increase in raw stats, the highest (in color) the weapon, the more chance you have to :
* have one or more mod slots available (remember that adding mod slots sucks up your Gulanite currency and big time at higher EGO levels. So the more slots already avail, the less your wallet cries ;) )
* have one or more bonus (ie -0.30 accuracy, +4 magazine etc)
* chance to have a ranged nano effect, melee nano effect or both
* chance for the weapon to be part of a set (called synergies ingame)

though sometimes it happens that the weapon come with nothing bonus-wise and that green weapon is not as good as your white one. This is where some tweaking needs to be done.

Ensu
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
There was the same problem with the AK47. People couldn't work out why all the new shiny guns that were produced were outperformed by a decades old pattern.

As far as I can tell, that level or rank relates to your Ego rank. I've never received a weapon level higher than my Ego rank. So I have taken the position that, this level on the weapon is the minimum Ego rank required to see/use it.

As regards colours (white, green, blue, purple), it increases the -chance- for better abilities on the weapon. Purple weapons I've seen with mods already fitted, multiple open mod slots, base weapon bonuses (10% ego power recovery on critical kill for example) and the like. A green weapon that happened to have the perfect base weapon bonus (more grenades in the clip is a nice one) would be better than a purple sniper rifle with poor synergy in its bonuses (melee).

Hopswigh
03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Is there any possibility as well that your skill with the specified weapon affects the shown statistics? Say you have spent all your time leveling on an AR or LMG and pick up an orange sniper and decide to change. Is it possible you'd actually do better with a green level starter sniper as you lack skill and as your skill goes up, your ability with the rarer "better" will get better as well? This is just a thought as I haven't been able to tell if the skill level has really had much affect on the weapons I'm using.