PDA

View Full Version : If I was Trion, I wouldn't bother with the forums at all.

The Grayson
05-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Would you want to come on here to read non-constructive bs criticism? Valid complaints/issues aside, 80% of the posts on here are people complaining and then logging on the game to play more. Not only complaining, but never offering any useful feedback. It's not even trolling, it's worse. Next time you think you need to post your 'anger' step away from the the keyboard, go upstairs and tell your parents. They might actually comfort you. Trion is not only doing something that hasn't been done before, they are doing it on three different platforms. The game came out last month. Stop.

(Did I just reverse troll? Damn it. . .)

ironhands
05-31-2013, 07:49 AM
there have been many, many constructive posts, but yes, they are often buried under complaints

Firetalion
05-31-2013, 07:50 AM
They do it on purpose, to keep people with complaints from actually spending time in the game. ;0] Text bandwidth is much cheaper than video game server bandwidth.

Myria
05-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Meta-complaining, how new and original...

That having been said, I've seen very little evidence to suggest that Trion does bother with these forums.

At all.

Says it all, really, and none of it good.

MacDeath
05-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Would you want to come on here to read non-constructive bs criticism? Valid complaints/issues aside, 80% of the posts on here are people complaining and then logging on the game to play more. Not only complaining, but never offering any useful feedback. It's not even trolling, it's worse. Next time you think you need to post your 'anger' step away from the the keyboard, go upstairs and tell your parents. They might actually comfort you. Trion is not only doing something that hasn't been done before, they are doing it on three different platforms. The game came out last month. Stop.

These forums aren't the MOST useful feedback venue for Trion to learn what people like or don't like about the game but they do server a purpose. And don't worry about the Devs having to wade through all of the crap looking for the nuggets. That's what the Community team does.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-31-2013, 08:03 AM
At least they have useful posts like this one to read. :rolleyes:

Tango80
05-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Yeah i can see sledge early every morning. Ok need two advil to start 4 hours later need another 4 Just to finish the day off without having a headache.
When he get's home 1/5 of a bottle of whiskey some more pain killers and some downtime.
An Ambien before bedtime then do it all over again 5 days a week trying to sift through complaints, troll posts, ect. ect.. Just to consolidate info that the dev's want or what they should hear. Because the community is in an uproar about something this week.

Just be glad he also doesn't do CS support i can see him snapping and going on a rampage. Heck does anyone remember whats his name the CM from the WoW shaman forums yeah i don't want to see that happening.

Escyos
05-31-2013, 08:10 AM
That's why I stick mostly to the lore folder, better to discuss fun things than the hundreds of complaints.

Ashvan Aeronor
05-31-2013, 08:11 AM

Im not even sure all of those complainers play at all. Some of them have an average each day of over 30 posts on this forum, since gamelaunch. How can they even have time to play? And i agree With you on Your post.

Iceberg
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Their support ticket system is bad, their bug report feature is horrible (no option to upload a dxdiag file) and on the forums the devs/community managers pick and choose which threads to reply to. Personally I think they are trying to do good things with this game, but the tools they are using need to be cleaned and stream lined better.

Miserere
05-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah i can see sledge early every morning. Ok need two advil to start 4 hours later need another 4 Just to finish the day off without having a headache.
When he get's home 1/5 of a bottle of whiskey some more pain killers and some downtime.
An Ambien before bedtime then do it all over again 5 days a week trying to sift through complaints, troll posts, ect. ect.. Just to consolidate info that the dev's want or what they should hear. Because the community is in an uproar about something this week.

Just be glad he also doesn't do CS support i can see him snapping and going on a rampage. Heck does anyone remember whats his name the CM from the WoW shaman forums yeah i don't want to see that happening.

He did just buy a new car...I think we are all doomed if we stand anywhere close to what looks like an ark fall or skitterlings..

IGears
05-31-2013, 09:03 AM
I think you have a better chance of reporting a bug on Twitter or Facebook than the Forums or Helpdesk and thats sad.

Iceberg
05-31-2013, 10:40 AM
I think you have a better chance of reporting a bug on Twitter or Facebook then the Forums or Helpdesk and thats sad.

Recently I have been posting in the bug reports and issues section and going in game filing a bug report and linking that thread in the body of the message. Next step is also posting on facebook and twitter with the link heh

IGears
05-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Recently I have been posting in the bug reports and issues section and going in game filing a bug report and linking that thread in the body of the message. Next step is also posting on facebook and twitter with the link heh

lol i bet they will see it then

REDBURN
05-31-2013, 11:19 AM
If I was Trion,I would ask for a little help pushing this wreck across the finish line.
Arranging deck chairs on the Titanic they are.Ray Charles could see that.

Iceberg
05-31-2013, 11:20 AM
If I was Trion,I would ask for a little help pushing this wreck across the finish line.
Arranging deck chairs on the Titanic they are.Ray Charles could see that.

I wonder who would win between Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles??

REDBURN
05-31-2013, 11:26 AM
My money is on Wonder,his recent victory over Marvin Gaye was convincing.
I see no reason the trend won't continue.

B_rye92
05-31-2013, 11:29 AM

hahaa this made me laugh. have a good day sir.

Tyrannos
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.
Thank you!