PDA

View Full Version : what's the authenticator code?

elipadden
03-23-2013, 05:22 PM
I got a key for the beta from PC Gamer and I have just downloaded the beta client. When I tried to log into it it said that the login failed because of a wrong email or password, but I am 100% sure they are correct. However I think it might be the authenticator code as I just put in the code I got from PC Gamer because every time I click the what's this button it just brings me to my manage games tab. If anybody could tell me what's wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

duddits
03-23-2013, 05:25 PM
auth code is a security feature you have to set up in your account, and its optional.

Zulgla
03-23-2013, 05:26 PM
I got a key for the beta from PC Gamer and I have just downloaded the beta client. When I tried to log into it it said that the login failed because of a wrong email or password, but I am 100% sure they are correct. However I think it might be the authenticator code as I just put in the code I got from PC Gamer because every time I click the what's this button it just brings me to my manage games tab. If anybody could tell me what's wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I had the same problem so did some research. The autentication code is not yet supported. Leave the box blank and you should be ok

elipadden
03-23-2013, 05:27 PM
thank you both so much, it is very much appreciated!

Komakala
03-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Authenticator codes are supported, if you have a rift authenticator. I have the Rift Mobile App and have to punch in that code every time I log in to defiance, because they both log into the same Trion Worlds account.

budha
03-23-2013, 06:43 PM
rift, wow are 2 games that allow authenticator's to be used as a extra security feature.