PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Elite Gold Rushers?

Haoli
05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
This seems to be the one enemy type I can't find a consistent strategy for, even accounting for taking out their drones. The normal ones are fine, but it seems like the Elite ones can take several sniper shots to the head and multiple AR clips and keep right on coming, and they typically come in pairs.

Do they have some specific weakness that I've been missing, or do I need to respec away from Cloak (which they tend to disrupt with their radioactive element weapons) / Overcharge? Ideas?

Sellers
05-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Overcharge shreds through them. Anything with a good crit multiplier works well, but a constant stream of damage is necessary when they go into berserk mode.

ThanatosPa
05-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Shoot the head....ALOT

Mladenov
05-31-2013, 05:11 PM
And roll when need.
They can erase you from the map with single hit,
if you are not careful...

Smoky
05-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Have to agree with overcharge. That and a SAW will put them down fairly quickly.

Anarchos
05-31-2013, 05:13 PM
1. If multiple drones in the vicinity, kill them.
2. Aim your weapon of choice towards the upper body of said target.
3. Click your fire button until it's dead + few more seconds for dramatic effect!

It's not worse than that :)

Kroesis
05-31-2013, 05:13 PM
My advice for them is to stay away from me, lest they meet with a most painful demise....

IntenseSpirit
05-31-2013, 05:14 PM
A pyro grenade pretty much stops their regen, then you can kill them like any old elite mattock.

piercehead
05-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Obviously stay at range.
The one advantage you have is that when you get rid of their shields they are stuck on the spot crouching which gives you a good chance to end them right there. 2 Headshots with a high crit bolt action does the job for instance. Barring that, anything with enough ammo to keep spraying will do the job, even a large magazine SMG. But yeah, headshots.

quick
05-31-2013, 05:16 PM
A good smg up close does good.

Ghost MLP
05-31-2013, 05:19 PM
I spent an hour trying to knock out a pair so I could do the mission right next to them. -_- Finally managed to unload 6 40-round clips from an SMG into one of their heads without the other one killing me from behind. Oddly, the second one went down much faster.

Maybe next time I'll try and remember I have an infector and try that.

Saboteur 6
05-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Overcharge shreds through them. Anything with a good crit multiplier works well, but a constant stream of damage is necessary when they go into berserk mode.

Exactly. Sounds like you're running a cloak Sniper build which can work but you need a weapon that has better sustained DPS. SMG with electric, Wolfhound pistol, SAW lmg, Combat shotgun with electric or siphon will help after your initial sniping. Honestly Sniper rifles in this game don't have the spike damage "hammer of god" feel like other shooters.

Youkai Risu
05-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Smg or saw with a good crit, pyro grenade, overcharge, and aim at the heads. Use some good perks to fill your slots with and you can equip certain ones to do extra damage to enemies running at you and several others. I would tell you what perks but the server is currently down to fix the loot boost so send a message to my gt if you want the details.

quick
05-31-2013, 05:21 PM
I spent an hour trying to knock out a pair so I could do the mission right next to them. -_- Finally managed to unload 6 40-round clips from an SMG into one of their heads without the other one killing me from behind. Oddly, the second one went down much faster.

Maybe next time I'll try and remember I have an infector and try that.

That will just pee them off. lmao

alred
05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
I just use an infecter/immunizer or what ever the sniper version is. And then just spam him with shots until he drops. I keep moving to avoid the bombs he fires off.

Adrena Chrome
05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
you have to take em down a knotch before you attack. Above overcharge is deadly cascade. One of the most effective offensive perks in the game. Equip it. If you can combine it with overcharge or shadow strike. Remember shadow strike is only the first shot from cloak. Use a courier and get the close together with a couple little robots around. the multiplier from the crit damage of the courier combined with deadly cascade and their fast reload. you shoot twice. One good quality shadow strike. One more for good measure cause you have time. Switch to whatever you want and finish them off. An armada will work. Or a swarm cannon if you don't have any other explosive weapons. Good luck.

3rdpig
05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
I prefer a fast firing weapon with fire or syphon nano for them. Hit them with a pyro or bio grenade then unload your gun into their head. I've got a Mazu Blast rifle with syphon nano, mag and critical bonuses that takes them down so fast it almost feels like cheating. Two of them at once? Decoy to lead them away, kill one while they're on your decoy, reload then pyro or bio grenade the remaining one and kill him as he approaches you. If necessary keep a BMG in the secondary slot for healing.

Era
05-31-2013, 05:35 PM
More dakka, it needs it.

Adrena Chrome
05-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Everybody says shoot em in the head.. The OP tried that. He wants some input. Not reruns of andy griffith.

I prefer a fast firing weapon with fire or syphon nano for them. Hit them with a pyro or bio grenade then unload your gun into their head. I've got a Mazu Blast rifle with syphon nano, mag and critical bonuses that takes them down so fast it almost feels like cheating. Two of them at once? Decoy to lead them away, kill one while they're on your decoy, reload then pyro or bio grenade the remaining one and kill him as he approaches you. If necessary keep a BMG in the secondary slot for healing.

Adrena Chrome
05-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Oh ya and they are elite... So if you are ego 600 you should probably just avoid them.

Mystic Maharaji
05-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Any weapon that deals overtime damages to stop the regeneration (infectors, pyrogrenade, biogrenade, flaregun...) and a powerful offensive weapon such as LGM or Heavy assault carabine ( thats wht they use in fact), best rifle according to me, but requires aiming skillz.
You might also check your own defense. Equip the right shield. Level up your weapon skillz too, in order to max out your damages.
By the way those are my favourite foes in the game , they so strong and show offy. I ve even built a pvp-pve load out based on their abilities.

Later.