PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

Yukon Jack
05-31-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't know if its the game or what but every time I try to use a mod on a shotgun it turns the accuracy to zero. And it seems like a lot of mods ruin accuracy already, but are they all supposed to be doing that?

OverDoneOne
05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Ah I offten wonder about acc mods, most are minus 10, 20 or 30 and that to me doesn't make sense.

Because more acc is better than less

piercehead
05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't know if its the game or what but every time I try to use a mod on a shotgun it turns the accuracy to zero. And it seems like a lot of mods ruin accuracy already, but are they all supposed to be doing that?

Accuracy or bloom? A lot of shotguns already have zero bloom.

Also, a lot of the weapon stats are clearly graphical errors, like having -0.xx bloom on some SMGs.

OverDoneOne
05-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Accuracy or bloom? A lot of shotguns already have zero bloom.

Also, a lot of the weapon stats are clearly graphical errors, like having -0.xx bloom on some SMGs.

I think what he is saying is that when looking at the bonus that you will get while in the matrix just before applying the mod, acc mods show 0 and it's a red zero at that because acc mods are minus mods

crasher
05-31-2013, 08:46 PM
I haven't found a shotgun mod yet besides the bonus mags that did anything useful.

I suspect that was why they nerfed the mags. They wanted to have a 100% success at something in the game, so they settled for that one.

Yukon Jack
05-31-2013, 11:03 PM
I haven't found a shotgun mod yet besides the bonus mags that did anything useful.

I suspect that was why they nerfed the mags. They wanted to have a 100% success at something in the game, so they settled for that one.

I was sad about that I had an orange VBI that had +6 on it that I dropped another +6 on, after the patch both became "mag X1.5"... that really sucked.

crasher
06-01-2013, 01:55 AM
I was sad about that I had an orange VBI that had +6 on it that I dropped another +6 on, after the patch both became "mag X1.5"... that really sucked.
The part that really sucks, as far as I care, is that there are a LOT of ordinary badguys that take more than the current mag-full in the face to make them quiet down.
Mutants.
Raiders.
Blastpods.
Hell, Archers in an A-fall are a whole lot more sturdy, and the new black ones are built like Panzers sometimes.

Do 40 Blastpods and 30 Archers in a Preliminary A-fall and you might not be so quick to agree to go to the next one.
I did 2 like that Thurs-nite, and I'm not sure anyone survived the 2nd one. By the time I got killed for the last time we'd gone from 7 or 8 people to me and another guy, and I threw in the towel when I woke up too far away to want to drive there again.

*New * Improved* Defiance!!1!
Smaller Mags!!
Same Sized Badguys!!!
Try it, Today!!!

Caswallawn
06-01-2013, 02:08 PM
but how did you get over run at a crystal for an arkfall? you can solo them, it's just a case of keeping on top of the mobs while taking shots at the crystal when you can, also when a small one turns into an egg thing get it dead before it can hatch. also while everything is chasing you round the arkfall keep running drop your nade and roll away from it as long as you have a few seconds detonation time you can get out the way and drag everything over it nearly killing them.

the key to doing them solo or with only a couple of people is never stop moving and have a fast damage weapon with a large clip size (something like the SAW) then of if you start to get a few swap to a detonator or rocket launcher firing a mix of weak points on the crystal and they stuff you have chasing you.

crasher
06-01-2013, 04:12 PM
but how did you get over run at a crystal for an arkfall? you can solo them, it's just a case of keeping on top of the mobs while taking shots at the crystal when you can, also when a small one turns into an egg thing get it dead before it can hatch. also while everything is chasing you round the arkfall keep running drop your nade and roll away from it as long as you have a few seconds detonation time you can get out the way and drag everything over it nearly killing them.

the key to doing them solo or with only a couple of people is never stop moving and have a fast damage weapon with a large clip size (something like the SAW) then of if you start to get a few swap to a detonator or rocket launcher firing a mix of weak points on the crystal and they stuff you have chasing you.
I'm E2400
I'm at top level in SAWS and Combat Shotguns.
I know what to do with 'em by now, and how not to waste time/effort.

The game isn't alive, but there's code in it that's cheating.
It's inventing stuff more often as needed, and I'm limited to what I have in my pockets at the time.

It needs 40 blastpods that take over a mag each to kill, fine - more on tap...., and while I'm trying to stay on top of the ones that can track me as I'm running, it invents archers directly behind me that take me down in a flood.

It's cheating by overwhelming me/my mates as we start to get the upper hand.
Whatever it needs, it invents.

It started last week, best as I can tell, or thats when it started to get tweaked harder. It's getting out of hand, I play in the midle of the night, all night long. Some of you may not be on when it's happening, but it's worse then.

Caswallawn
06-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I soloed a couple at major arkfalls earlier, it's still not hard nearly everything has a weakness you can exploit and the blast pods take maybe 10-20 rounds from a SAW to put down, considering my saw has a mag of 119 it means I can put down about 10 before needing to reload. also the main reason you get over ran is people are ignoring the crystal too much as every time you hit a certain point in damage a pulse goes out and destroys everything so with proper management of damage and precision you should never have more than 3-5 large bugs up since you just ignore the small ones unless they burrow into an egg. so once you hit certain points on the crystal your better off focusing the crystal as it will destroy everything for you, the overwhelm is on a timer and it is 100% to so with you not taking the crystal down fast enough, even solo and keeping on top of the spawns you can destroy the crystal before the overwhelm kicks in.

also ego rating is not a measure of knowing what you are doing it is just a measure of how much you have played, just like any MMO with leveling nearly anyone can level to top level with enough time, it doesn't mean they can actually play the game at that level, hell at ego level 300 I was soloing arkfall crystals and pretty much always hitting the top 5 in arkfalls.

krayzgates
06-01-2013, 05:01 PM

only time i use scopes is for sniper rifles...i feel its pointless for anything else...except the semi-auto assualt rifle...thats good for them too

Caswallawn
06-01-2013, 05:05 PM
only time i use scopes is for sniper rifles...i feel its pointless for anything else...except the semi-auto assualt rifle...thats good for them too

they are great on SAW's it really focuses your shots, as if you fire from the hip it just goes all over and you struggle to stay on a target doing anything more than one or 2 shot bursts as the bullets just go all over, but with the scope and a bit of recoil management you can empty a full mag on a fairly small target at range.

Arrielle Shaw
06-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I regularly solo crystal destructions. I use a SAW and a pistol. The pistol has a siphon nano effect. I haven't found a good SAW to replace the one I have, so it has an acid or poison effect, whatever it is. Anyway, I draw the pistol and use it if I get low on shields. I never stop moving, and kill archers and blast pods when I can. I largely ignore warriors because it's nearly impossible to shoot them in the mouth during arkfalls with everything else going on. They're extremely easy to kite.

OverDoneOne
06-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Cool so we all agree that acc mods show zero when in the modding matrix LMFAO

What was this thread about again ?? Hmmm

Wiseman say if you have to pee, don't pee into the wind

MCchum
06-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I was at that particular ArkFall Crasher is referring to . It was the Arkfall that comes in waves , With the blue crystal .. You complete the waves and then move on .

Was just 2 of us for awhile and we was holding our own , then all of a sudden 2 other guys showed up and at that same time and wave 3 started , it spawned an unusual number of blastpods and archers and warriors all at the same time . we were running like crazy and shooting anything and everything then it spawned a bigger amount of blastpods and archers . Was quite overwhelming , we ALL died and then came back to the same hell .. another arkfall someplace else had more ppl at it and they joined the 6 or 7 of us trying to finish this one and that was the only way we could finish , was we then had the overwhelming numbers ..
I've never seen anything like it but that nite I ran into another 1 just like it later that nite in Frisco .

Crasher is correct , was a lot of fun but man it was hectic . If you run into this type you will know exactly what we are speaking about .

Arrielle Shaw
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Cool so we all agree that acc mods show zero when in the modding matrix LMFAO

What was this thread about again ?? Hmmm

Wiseman say if you have to pee, don't pee into the wind

Accuracy hits (minus accuracy) generally are seen with scopes. It makes it more difficult to fire scoped weapons from the hip, but I don't really use shotguns. I primarily use Bolt Action rifles, pistols, or SAWs.

crasher
06-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I soloed a couple at major arkfalls earlier, it's still not hard nearly everything has a weakness you can exploit and the blast pods take maybe 10-20 rounds from a SAW to put down, considering my saw has a mag of 119 it means I can put down about 10 before needing to reload. also the main reason you get over ran is people are ignoring the crystal too much as every time you hit a certain point in damage a pulse goes out and destroys everything so with proper management of damage and precision you should never have more than 3-5 large bugs up since you just ignore the small ones unless they burrow into an egg. so once you hit certain points on the crystal your better off focusing the crystal as it will destroy everything for you, the overwhelm is on a timer and it is 100% to so with you not taking the crystal down fast enough, even solo and keeping on top of the spawns you can destroy the crystal before the overwhelm kicks in.

also ego rating is not a measure of knowing what you are doing it is just a measure of how much you have played, just like any MMO with leveling nearly anyone can level to top level with enough time, it doesn't mean they can actually play the game at that level, hell at ego level 300 I was soloing arkfall crystals and pretty much always hitting the top 5 in arkfalls.

Ahh, I see the confusion.
You apparently haven't been doing many of the (blue crystal) A-falls where, you're close enough to the blastpod that it's filling your screen and, you put a whole (128 rounds) of SAW into the thing with '424's scrolling all the while, and then have to switch to your TACC Autoshotgun for 8 more rounds to get the thing to settle down.

Now do 12 to 20 more, with archers and warriors setting you aflame.

It's an easy mistake to make.

The 424's don't scroll like that when you're missing.

My E2400 is no PVP and no Co-op. Just me, and what I've hit.

I only went across the bridge last night to join a person who grouped up to talk over an issue. I can't race and don't do rampages, etc.

:D

Caswallawn
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
even the blue crystals are easy, the blast pods still only take a hand full of hits to put down and you leave the big hell bugs till last since they take a lot more accuracy, but even then if you have them chasing you it only takes a handful of shots to the mouth to put them down. same rules as a destroy crystal for a blue crystal take down the stuff easy to damage first then go after the rest, the hardest part is if you get the bonus waves and the big *** bug spawns but even then you can still solo it with good timing and ability.

I can use only my saw with several reloads and still solo the crystals it's not hard if you are kiting the bugs properly and never stopping you will keep picking up ammo while kiting so you will never run out, unless you are just shooting from the hip instead of getting some distance then going into aim then going back to running for some distance, obviously this is harder with some blast pods, but even if you get hit by the odd one you can just roll to remove any effect on you as you will be rolling anyway to avoid attacks.

the archers if you have the ability and precision are a joke I've found you can actually shoot their projectiles and they never make it to you, so if you are fast enough and good enough you should never take damage from them.

crasher
06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
even the blue crystals are easy, the blast pods still only take a hand full of hits to put down and you leave the big hell bugs till last since they take a lot more accuracy, but even then if you have them chasing you it only takes a handful of shots to the mouth to put them down. same rules as a destroy crystal for a blue crystal take down the stuff easy to damage first then go after the rest, the hardest part is if you get the bonus waves and the big *** bug spawns but even then you can still solo it with good timing and ability.

I can use only my saw with several reloads and still solo the crystals it's not hard if you are kiting the bugs properly and never stopping you will keep picking up ammo while kiting so you will never run out, unless you are just shooting from the hip instead of getting some distance then going into aim then going back to running for some distance, obviously this is harder with some blast pods, but even if you get hit by the odd one you can just roll to remove any effect on you as you will be rolling anyway to avoid attacks.

the archers if you have the ability and precision are a joke I've found you can actually shoot their projectiles and they never make it to you, so if you are fast enough and good enough you should never take damage from them.

No offense, but you have a reading comprehension problem.

You decided to ignore this point:
"You apparently haven't been doing many of the (blue crystal) A-falls where, you're close enough to the blastpod that it's filling your screen and, you put a whole (128 rounds) of SAW into the thing with '424's scrolling all the while, and then have to switch to your TACC Autoshotgun for 8 more rounds to get the thing to settle down.

Now do 12 to 20 more, with archers and warriors setting you aflame.

It's an easy mistake to make.

The 424's don't scroll like that when you're missing."

You're being intellectually dishonest by ignoring what you don't feel like considering. You can't come to terrms with the fact that you haven't seen something, so you insist it doesn't exist.

We're discussing a different species of badguy, you and I.

These aint your Daddy's blastpods. And the black archers are different, they're tougher.

This situation isn't an RPG/FPS.Strategy game situation at this point.
It's a war of attrition, and the computer has a bigger hat to pull tricks out of than I do.

Kyle Reese (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000299/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

It's specifically a case where the computer WILL overwhelm you, it's just a question of WHEN the program decides to ramp it up.

I'm done.

You have a great day!
:D

Caswallawn
06-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I've seen the black archers and blast pods they still don't take many shots to put down, it's not hard to kill them.

the sad fact is it easy to solo any arkfall crystal if you are struggling with them it is entirely a fault with you play style, the only time arkfalls seem hard is when people kill the skitters as they can take an age to end, solo you can taker 2 or 3 crystals in the time it takes the horde to catch up to you.

if you can't solo an ark fall or are getting outnumbered it's not the game cheating it's you failing to focus the correct things and not evading/kiting properly.